User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcschultz01 View Post
    I just discovered that our evaporation pan was overflowing onto the refergerator slide floor.
    I have done the "dollar check" and the door seam seems tight except the seal between the two refrigerator doors where the dollar slides easily.
    Suggestions?

In more detail:
    The condensation collection pan in the back of our Norcold 2118SS was lying on the top shelf in the refrigerator and was full and spilling over into the refrigerator. I put the pan back into what I assume were the proper slots and then went outside to see where it drained. I took off the lower refrigerator vent cover and found the evaporation pan overflowing and water on the floor around the refrigerator inside the slide. NOT GOOD!

The evaporation pan is resting on a hot tube which is presumably supposed to evaporate the water. But evaporation is not keeping up with the condesnation?????

I drained most of the water from evaporation pan by hand and will monitor it but looking for a better solution.
    I tried the "dollar" test on the refrigerator seals and they were tight EXCEPT the seal between the two refrigerator doors where the "dollar test" moved easily up and down. Is this normal or how do I adjust the doors so this seal is tight?

Or other suggestions??
    Tried to add some pictures but could not.
    There has been a LOT of issues with the Norcold and the door flapper not sealing. The most common one is that the door flapper gets hung up on the bottom inside of the fridge and doesn't close properly. You can test it pretty easily. Close the right hand door (the one without the flapper), then close the door WITH the flapper. Then take a flashlight and shine it between the two doors and look in there. You can usually see if the flapper has completely turned to fill the space between the doors. If it hanging up and at, let's say a 45° angle or thereabouts, that is the source of your problem.

The easiest solution to that is to remove the left door, place a thing washer over the bottom hinge post that is sticking up, and then put the door back on. That effectively "shims" the door up enough that the flapper does not hang up on the bottom inside of the fridge and it goes completely across the door openings.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to the above good advice, check that the small middle drawer is not causing the flapper to close properly. My middle drawer would migrate just enough to cause the flapper to hang up. The drawer now lives in a pantry drawer. No more issues.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments and I have a response and an update.
    I tried sticking the hose out the vent and while this works, it drips down the side of the outside vent and would evenutally make drip marks.

I have found that the issue is probably that the vertical door seal on the left hand door is not closing all the way at the bottom. It rubs against the refregerator inside at the bottom and does not close. Easy to pull it closed but have to do this EVERY time the refrigerator is opened. Any suggestions on how to adjust the refrigerator door angle/height? I don't really see any obvious adjustment screws but just found the issue about the bottom of the seal not closing.
    2018 Ram 3500 with AS69RC Aisin transmission and Companion RVK3670 sliding hitch
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I separately foudn this was the problem before I read your response. I'll try your fix. THANKS!!
    2018 Ram 3500 with AS69RC Aisin transmission and Companion RVK3670 sliding hitch

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I separately foudn this was the problem before I read your response. I'll try your fix. THANKS!!
    I'm guessing that you are referring to my response, but the way to fix that guessing is pretty simple. After you've read the response, click on the "Reply With Quote" button at the bottom right of the person's post. That automatically "quotes" them, and then give you room under that quote to reply....just like I'm doing in this response.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A washer at the bottom of the Norcold refrigerator door solved the problem

Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    There has been a LOT of issues with the Norcold and the door flapper not sealing. The most common one is that the door flapper gets hung up on the bottom inside of the fridge and doesn't close properly. You can test it pretty easily. Close the right hand door (the one without the flapper), then close the door WITH the flapper. Then take a flashlight and shine it between the two doors and look in there. You can usually see if the flapper has completely turned to fill the space between the doors. If it hanging up and at, let's say a 45° angle or thereabouts, that is the source of your problem.

The easiest solution to that is to remove the left door, place a thing washer over the bottom hinge post that is sticking up, and then put the door back on. That effectively "shims" the door up enough that the flapper does not hang up on the bottom inside of the fridge and it goes completely across the door openings.

WOW! The washer on the bottom of the left hand door hinge worked GREAT! The door was easy to take off, find a stainless washer that fit the hinge post on the bottom of the door, reassemble, tighten and test. No gap between the doors using the "dollar" test. Thanks SO much for the suggestion. I was getting tired of emptying the evaporation tray every morning. Hoping I caught this soon enough that there is no damage to the slide but I'll monitor the slide flooring for delamination.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! The washer on the bottom of the left hand door hinge worked GREAT! The door was easy to take off, find a stainless washer that fit the hinge post on the bottom of the door, reassemble, tighten and test. No gap between the doors using the "dollar" test. Thanks SO much for the suggestion. I was getting tired of emptying the evaporation tray every morning. Hoping I caught this soon enough that there is no damage to the slide but I'll monitor the slide flooring for delamination.
    Well good for you, I'm glad the door flap is working as it should. Glad to help out with it...And...you are using the Reply with Quote..
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gald it worked for you. How did you remove the door. I need to do this too and it would be great if you could let everyone know how to remove the door. I have looked and no luck finding that info so far.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Gald it worked for you. How did you remove the door. I need to do this too and it would be great if you could let everyone know how to remove the door. I have looked and no luck finding that info so far.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Removing the door turned out to be easy. There is a black plastic molding on top of the door where the hinge should be - NOT the one you pull on. I pulled/pried (gently) and it came off.
    The top hinge then has what looks like a LARGE hex head bolt with a screwdriver slot. I used a crescent wrench to loosen it (couldn't figure out how to get a screwdriver in there) and then unscrewed it completely by hand supporting the dor to minimize pressure on the bolt. BE VERY CAREFUL!! There are only 2 or 3 threads on the bolt!!!

Must be cheaper that way???

Anyway, once the bolt is pulled out, simply lift the door off the bottom post. Not heavy.
    I slipped a washer, I happened to have a stainless one that was perfect, over the bottom post (sorry don't know the size but 1/4" hole maybe??).
    Put the door back on the post with washer in place. Align the bolt hol on top and reinstall the bolt on top CAREFULLY. Thread it by hand and then tightened it down a little (1/8 turn?) so it was snug. With 2-3 threads DON'T TORQUE IT.

Tested the door and it worked GREAT! Closed nicely and the seal WORKED without pulling it into place.

10 minutes tops for something that I thought was going to require replacing the refrigerator :-)
    Last edited by jcschultz01; 08-16-2022 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarify

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing the door turned out to be easy. There is a black plastic molding on top of the door where the hinge should be - NOT the one you pull on. I pulled/pried (gently) and it came off.
    The top hinge then has what looks like a LARGE hex head bolt with a screwdriver slot. I used a crescent wrench to loosen it (couldn't figure out how to get a screwdriver in there) and then unscrewed it completely by hand supporting the dor to minimize pressure on the bolt. BE VERY CAREFUL!! There are only 2 or 3 threads on the bolt!!!

Must be cheaper that way???

Anyway, once the bolt is pulled out, simply lift the door off the bottom post. Not heavy.
    I slipped a washer, I happened to have a stainless one that was perfect, over the bottom post (sorry don't know the size but 1/4" hole maybe??).
    Put the door back on the post with washer in place. Align the bolt hol on top and reinstall the bolt on top CAREFULLY. Thread it by hand and then tightened it down a little (1/8 turn?) so it was snug. With 2-3 threads DON'T TORQUE IT.

Tested the door and it worked GREAT! Closed nicely and the seal WORKED without pulling it into place.

10 minutes tops for something that I thought was going to require replacing the refrigerator :-)
    Perfect. Thank you!!

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast