User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. We made it home fine without the WDH. It swayed just a little bit not enough to give me the white knuckle ride home.
    We had a 15 or 20 mph headwind with just enough cross wind to mess with towing any rig. I ran about 60 to 65 mph with no issues. I averaged 11.7 mpg on the trip home. About 30 miles on I-4 and maybe 7 miles on urban road at 50 mph.
    We towed with our 2017 Colorado crew cab short-bed pickup. No real effort pulling at all, but it's the Duramax Diesel with 6 peed auto.
    With out bars it dropped the rear truck height down by about 1 and 3/4" and raised the front by about 1 and 1/2" up.
    I will address that with the bars when I install them and set them up tomorrow. Shooting for as close to unhooked height as I can get on the front and rear axle when hooked up.
    I have to get truck and trailer on level ground and determine what the ball height is for the trailer and then set up the hitch to the same height with with truck level and not hooked up.
    Then play with the ball angle and bars to get it level when hooked up.
    I'll update more after that is done. Goodnight and God Bless .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Update. We made it home fine without the WDH. It swayed just a little bit not enough to give me the white knuckle ride home.
    We had a 15 or 20 mph headwind with just enough cross wind to mess with towing any rig. I ran about 60 to 65 mph with no issues. I averaged 11.7 mpg on the trip home. About 30 miles on I-4 and maybe 7 miles on urban road at 50 mph.
    We towed with our 2017 Colorado crew cab short-bed pickup. No real effort pulling at all, but it's the Duramax Diesel with 6 peed auto.
    With out bars it dropped the rear truck height down by about 1 and 3/4" and raised the front by about 1 and 1/2" up.
    I will address that with the bars when I install them and set them up tomorrow. Shooting for as close to unhooked height as I can get on the front and rear axle when hooked up.
    I have to get truck and trailer on level ground and determine what the ball height is for the trailer and then set up the hitch to the same height with with truck level and not hooked up.
    Then play with the ball angle and bars to get it level when hooked up.
    I'll update more after that is done. Goodnight and God Bless .
    Glad everything went as planned.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the Reese twin cam Weight Distributing Hitch on and set up had an acceptable drop in rear axle of truck and rise of the steering axle after setting it up. Will tweak it a little more after I rest up. Took it on a test run trailer loaded and it pulled well, actually handled better than the single axle camper did with the bars on it.
    Dual axles and the fact that they are spread a little probably make it way more stable . Took it on a section of Interstate 4 near us that the large trucks have worn grooves in the asphalt pretty bad, a crown in the road that made the other trailer sway a little even with the bars on it. Didn't notice that with the 22MLE only a slight feel that the rear wheels of our truck wanted to walk up and down the crown in the road a little bit. But nothing that I had to correct for or made me feel uncomfortable.. Maybe due to the fact that the Colorado's wheel base width is less than a full size truck and doesn't like the crown in the road. Was running 70 mph for a short distance and it felt fine, even had an 18 wheeler blow by me and it didn't suck me over toward it pleasantly surprised.
    Our little Diesel pulled it great. I couldn't notice any real difference from the other camper and will have to go on a longer trip to evaluated that and difference in mpg.
    So far so good. And it stops even better that the Coleman did, maybe the extra axle with another set of brakes gives it more braking action even though it's heavier.
    Still finishing some things up.My back went out while working on the weight Distribution Hitch. Have to take it easy for a couple of day then I'll fill the truck with fuel and go to the Cat Scales and weigh everything.
    I'll update after getting all of that done.
    Last edited by cowboy; 03-12-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear. Rest up. I know how you feel. I can throw my back out scraping ice of the windshield

I had the same experience with my trailers
    My past Jayco single axle hybrid weighed just over 3500 and towed well but would tend to porpoise somewhat
    When I hooked on to this current imagine which is 2000 lbs heavier I was shocked. Zero porpoising and just a nice barley noticeable pull compared to the Jayco

Enjoy

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got the WDH set up and adjusted pretty much where I want it. Will have to tow for a ways to see what tweaking I might need to do.
    Will get it weighed on Wednesday and see just where everything is on truck,trailer and tongue weight.
    As well as GVCW. ope everyone had a great weekend. Cowboy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 22MLE and tow with a 5.3 Silverado with max towing pkg. We use a Blue Ox WD hitch, no major issues with sway other than very windy days and a little side drafting by the 18 wheelers when they pass us on the highway
    Traveled from Maine to South Carolina on our maiden voyage no issued
    Congratulations you will love the 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great trailer! We picked up ours in November, just before Thanksgiving. We purchased an Equalizer WDH from Amazon and our dealer installed the hitch. We've found towing to be easy with our F-150 with a towing capacity of 9200 lbs. which is 2200 lbs. more than the GVW of the trailer. Safe travels & have fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our for for about 1 1/2 years now and it has been great. I did make a few modifications (like going to a wet bolt system for the suspension as well as replacing the "china bombs with Good Years) and that's just to mention a few. It has towed really well. With the only outside storage being on the tongue, has made it stable. I tow it with a 2021 Chevy Silverado with the 6.2 V8 and the HD trailer package. A little overkill, but I do not run out of power or load capacity. I also use a Reese Steadi-Flex WD hitch that has great sway control as the lift bars ride on a brake pad like material. If you check further threads on the 22MLE, you will see what additional modifications I have made as well as what other people have done
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tow with a Toyota Tundra 1794. Have towed from Texas to Colorado and did great. Have the anti-sway hitch so no issues at all. Pulled right up Raton Pass and had no issues at all.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 221MLE in August 2020 and love it.
    I did purchase the Blue Ox equalizer as our old setup, not Blue Ox, was damaged in an accident.
    I love the pivoting chain grabbers and have never had a equalizer so easy to use.
    We have no issues pulling it with our 2012 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton with towing package, etc.
    The only issue is the constant blue light at night but a hanging cloth easily fixed that.
    Enjoy safely.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast