User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a process done on ours called Cilajet. It comes with a five year warranty. I believe its probably similar to a ceramic coating. They are also doing an interior protection process. Just an occasional wash is all I will need to do. It's expensive but I'm working on my dealer to get it reduced.

Check it out here
    https://www.cilajet.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good information in this thread that I plan to incorporate, especially for the painted and gel coat surfaces. What I haven't seen discussed is aluminum flashing trim along the bottom of the unit. I'm not sure all units has this and even the GD web site that shows the Reflection 5th wheels doesn't have it. On my 320MKS unit, I have seems to have an anodized aluminum with a grainy finish. Keeping this clean and spot free has been a royal pain. For the units that have this surface, what are you finding that works on this surface?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aluninum Skirts.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	32791
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    Really good information in this thread that I plan to incorporate, especially for the painted and gel coat surfaces. What I haven't seen discussed is aluminum flashing trim along the bottom of the unit. I'm not sure all units has this and even the GD web site that shows the Reflection 5th wheels doesn't have it. On my 320MKS unit, I have seems to have an anodized aluminum with a grainy finish. Keeping this clean and spot free has been a royal pain. For the units that have this surface, what are you finding that works on this surface?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aluninum Skirts.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	32791
    I'm using the #303 on this. Nothing else seems to keep it from smearing. Definintely not waxing it. I wipe it on with soaked rag and wipe off before dry.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started using Collinite Insulator Wax no. 845 last year on our cars and camper. My son in law who is up on vehicle detailing has been using it for a while on their cars and highly recommended it as it goes on easily, it’s long lasting and reasonably priced. One thing we found is to make sure it’s warm, I ended up putting the bottle in warm water or leaving it in the sun for a little while before applying otherwise it is thick and chunky.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    FYI - ceramic coatings do nothing with gelcoat. You'd be wasting your money! If you have full body paint, then by all means.
    Curious about your source for this info?
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound 7 View Post
    Curious about your source for this info?
    Entire division of my company is coatings, includes gelcoats. There are ceramics for gelcoat, well most of the gelcoats, but these are quite different than those formulated for compatability with automotive paints. Also unlike the cost of these in automotive with incredible profit margins on the per fluid ounce price, those for gelcoat actually cost it to formulate.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I have had a devil of a time with the search feature on this forum so I will just post my question.

What 'wax' are you using for the exterior of your rigs?

Google wasn't much of a help as each manufacturer says theirs is the best.

I used Mequires Cleaner Wax on my last rig.
    I did have some premature peeling of the graphics and I would like to avoid that on my new rig.

I used Zip Wash & Wax for regular washes and have no complaints there.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    We have been using Meguiar's® Marine/RV Pure Wax Carnauba Blend. As with our vehicles, I tend to stick with Mequiar products. I apply it once a year. However as has been said within the comment string, the 'Wash Wax All' product looks intriguing.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested in the Wash Wax all too. Question for those that use it, Should I do a really good soap wash, get it nice and clean, then get a good carnuba on it and then use Wash and Wax all as a maintenance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Interested in the Wash Wax all too. Question for those that use it, Should I do a really good soap wash, get it nice and clean, then get a good carnuba on it and then use Wash and Wax all as a maintenance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There seems to be lots of good options. What has worked for me is to use Meguiar’s Gold Class car wash. Then after rinsing real well, work a section of the RV at a time with Wash Wax All. Spray on and wipe dry with microfiber towels.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Rob.. I just read your post with interest because I want to wash/wax my Grand Design Reflection myself this time.
    I just want to verify something you wrote...

"Up until the enormous amount of surface area of our Solitude, I used nothing by Klasse All-in-One on all of our gelcoat campers that I would apply twice yearly when de-winterizing and then again for winter, and supplement with a spray-on, wipe-off polymer-based nanowax suspension.
    Is this word suppose to be "but"?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast