User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I tried to book my summer of camping and can't find many places to stay in July and August. Last year I got to visit Yellowstone during the Covid thing and it was awesome. No crowds, lots of empty spaces in the campgrounds. I'll never get to do that again LOL. That being said I live in Utah and we get so many visitors to this state it makes it crazy for us locals to visit any of the local parks. I guess I need to learn to boondock. Sorry I need to rant.
    2021 Grand Design 2800BH
    2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7 10k Towing
    Salt Lake City Utah Area.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Bush View Post
    I agree, I tried to book my summer of camping and can't find many places to stay in July and August. Last year I got to visit Yellowstone during the Covid thing and it was awesome. No crowds, lots of empty spaces in the campgrounds. I'll never get to do that again LOL. That being said I live in Utah and we get so many visitors to this state it makes it crazy for us locals to visit any of the local parks. I guess I need to learn to boondock. Sorry I need to rant.
    Well Terry,
    We are going to be one of those annoying groups coming to Utah this summer. We tried to make reservations for our group in Wyoming but they are booked solid until September.
    Hopefully we can all behave ourselves.

It's almost impossible for us to get in over at the coast. Just too many of us now. Hopefully this will calm down some after the summer break.
    Hang in there!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    This thread is interesting to me and a little worrisome, I guess it depends on where you're trying to stay. I leave next week for a 2 week trip to Disney World and booked 8 nights at Ft Wilderness back in January with no problem at all, thanks Covid! It totally slipped my mind to book 2 nights at KOA's for the trip down. I literally called the KOA in Baton Rouge and the one in Tallahassee about 10 days ago. Got pull thru sites at both for about $50 a night with KOA membership discount. They both said no problem, they would no where near full. Nice! Guess I dodged a bullet and won't have to do the rest area thing.
    Let us know how you make out with the new truck.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Let us know how you make out with the new truck.

Oldcow
    Thank you, I will. I still chuckle every time I see your screen name lol. Unfortunately we've had to move the trip up 30 days due to a family member having appendix removed this week, he is going on the trip. I was able to get everything at Ft Wilderness and Disney moved up 4 weeks so it worked out. FYI for anyone planning a trip there, my 8 nights at Ft Wilderness went down $ 260 bucks total due to May being an off peak time for them instead of April. Even the 2 KOA nights I had booked each way went down 10 bucks a night for same reason. Nice!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmaly76 View Post
    Interesting. If there are bots buying up all the sites, they would be to benefit of resellers, no? Where is the secondary market? I'm aware of how it happens with a more consolidated reservations system or with physical goods but having a hard time conceptualizing how this would work on NP or SP. Or is it just a KOA/Jellystone/Wallycamping sort of thing? Its all supply and demand. Not opposed to paying extra on a secondary market, nor employing a bot myself if I can arrange. Thankfully, my book as soon as the booking window is open has served me well and we have all of our 8 long weekend trips planned for this year except for the October which window opens in 2 weeks.
    There are bots for hire -- you pay them and they try to snag a site for you, or you get a license to run it for your use. Or more technical people can buy scripts or even write their own, and then use it to snag sites for them and all their friends. Have heard from people at Yosemite that it's what they did and pretty much the only way now.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Thank you, I will. I still chuckle every time I see your screen name lol. Unfortunately we've had to move the trip up 30 days due to a family member having appendix removed this week, he is going on the trip. I was able to get everything at Ft Wilderness and Disney moved up 4 weeks so it worked out. FYI for anyone planning a trip there, my 8 nights at Ft Wilderness went down $ 260 bucks total due to May being an off peak time for them instead of April. Even the 2 KOA nights I had booked each way went down 10 bucks a night for same reason. Nice!

Price decreases in FL are because a big chunk of snowbirds head north on the last few days of March. (never figured out why, April usually has the best weather) Some places in FL discount in May some start the "off season" rate a little later. Enjoy the trip!
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 04-01-2021 at 08:19 AM. Reason: wrong month
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Price decreases in FL are because a big chunk of snowbirds head north on the last few days of March. (never figured out why, April usually has the best weather) Some places in FL discount in May some start the "off season" rate a little later. Enjoy the trip!
    Thanks Marcy, I will!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Well Terry,
    We are going to be one of those annoying groups coming to Utah this summer. We tried to make reservations for our group in Wyoming but they are booked solid until September.
    Hopefully we can all behave ourselves.

It's almost impossible for us to get in over at the coast. Just too many of us now. Hopefully this will calm down some after the summer break.
    Hang in there!
    We do not mind the visitors here in Utah. It is part of the everyday around here. LOL
    2021 Grand Design 2800BH
    2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7 10k Towing
    Salt Lake City Utah Area.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I started this thread I was more miffed at having to send an email or leave a voice message just to find out if they had any sites available for the dates I was interested in.

Often I sit down and try to link a string of campground stays based on travel times between places I want to visit. My go-to lately for planning has been a combination of RV Trip Wizard and Campground Reviews. I usually look for highly rated campgrounds. But when those turn into a requirement for an email which, obviously, doesn't work when trying to make plans without delays or waiting days, or when I have to call only to get voice mail because a campground is "too busy" or the "office is closed" it is simply maddening.

Last week I called Sun Resorts (their "corporate line"), left a message and got a call 2 days later! 2 days! In this day of instant networking they take days to call back? Usually I just don't bother when they call or write back as I have found equal accommodations at another campground.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    When I started this thread I was more miffed at having to send an email or leave a voice message just to find out if they had any sites available for the dates I was interested in.

Often I sit down and try to link a string of campground stays based on travel times between places I want to visit. My go-to lately for planning has been a combination of RV Trip Wizard and Campground Reviews. I usually look for highly rated campgrounds. But when those turn into a requirement for an email which, obviously, doesn't work when trying to make plans without delays or waiting days, or when I have to call only to get voice mail because a campground is "too busy" or the "office is closed" it is simply maddening.

Last week I called Sun Resorts (their "corporate line"), left a message and got a call 2 days later! 2 days! In this day of instant networking they take days to call back? Usually I just don't bother when they call or write back as I have found equal accommodations at another campground.
    In this age of communication, people communicate less than before. It IS maddening. Sometimes you are given 3 ways of getting a hold of them and NONE of them even work!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast