Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starlink looks interesting.

$500 setup and $99 per month.

Edit:
    I just realized that the question was about satellite TV. I've been internet only for a few years. If the internet is down, then I'll watch whatever I can get free through the antenna.
    Last edited by GRIFFIN1; 03-02-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    We purchased the Winegard Trav’ler and 3 Wally’s and couldn’t be happier with it. As others stated as a current Dish subscriber it’s $7 month per receiver and can be suspended as needed.
    Activated our Wally yesterday for the first time this camping season. On the phone with Dish to set up local channels.....he says "oh by the way, there has been a change to the monthly rate". I am sure I immediately did this...[emoji849] The new rate....[emoji15]wait for this[emoji15]....$2 LESS per month. Thank you Dish for the $5 monthly rate to watch TV in our 5th wheel. We won't tell you we thought $7 was reasonable! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David & Janelle plus April & Jazzee our blue heelers
    Farming/ranching in eastern Colorado...but not for much longer!!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL (4/2019)
    2020 Ford F450 DRW 4X4 8' bed (1/2020)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janelle29 View Post
    Activated our Wally yesterday for the first time this camping season. On the phone with Dish to set up local channels.....he says "oh by the way, there has been a change to the monthly rate". I am sure I immediately did this...[emoji849] The new rate....[emoji15]wait for this[emoji15]....$2 LESS per month. Thank you Dish for the $5 monthly rate to watch TV in our 5th wheel. We won't tell you we thought $7 was reasonable! [emoji23]

Make sure you download the dish app to your phone if you are not full timing it. What we have found is that after about a month of inactivity you'll need to re-authorized the receiver which you can do from their app.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY K View Post
    Make sure you download the dish app to your phone if you are not full timing it. What we have found is that after about a month of inactivity you'll need to re-authorized the receiver which you can do from their app.
    The MyDish app is essential when full-timing, too. It's the only way to change locals when we move other than calling Dish and waiting in line on the phone.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any insight on how to change to locals for your geographic location on the MyDISH app, I’ve looked but don’t really see where/how to make the change.

Regards,
    Scott
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any insight on how to change to locals for your geographic location on the MyDISH app, I’ve looked but don’t really see where/how to make the change.

Regards,
    Scott
    First you set up your antenna and turn the receiver on. Scan for eastern or western arc (depending on where you are and the antenna you have). Open the MyDish app, go to Services and select Manage Local Channels. The app will guide you from there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    First you set up your antenna and turn the receiver on. Scan for eastern or western arc (depending on where you are and the antenna you have). Open the MyDish app, go to Services and select Manage Local Channels. The app will guide you from there.

Rob
    It would be great to change locals without calling customer service! I just Iooked and do not see Manage Local Channels in MyDish app but we are moving to a new place on Sunday so I will research a little more then! Thanks for the heads up on this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great to change locals without calling customer service! I just Iooked and do not see Manage Local Channels in MyDish app but we are moving to a new place on Sunday so I will research a little more then! Thanks for the heads up on this!

FIGURED IT OUT! If you have a residential Dish account - you cannot change locals on your Wally receiver without calling. That would be why I don't have Manage Local Channels when I sign into MyDish app. [emoji3060] Happy Easter everyone!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIGURED IT OUT! If you have a residential Dish account - you cannot change locals on your Wally receiver without calling. That would be why I don't have Manage Local Channels when I sign into MyDish app. [emoji3060] Happy Easter everyone!

Thanks, I also couldn’t see the locals as Rob had described how to manage local channels and I guess due to having a residential account I’ll have to call to change.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I also couldn’t see the locals as Rob had described how to manage local channels and I guess due to having a residential account I’ll have to call to change.
    Sorry, you two - I hadn't stopped to think that, as full-timers, our Dish RV account is all we have - no residential account with "anchored" locals.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast