User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent dealer

Story:
    Just purchased a new 260 RD from Greenway RV in Wisconsin Rapids, WI. I saw that a spare bedroom air cond was optional, so I ordered it. A 13,500 LOW PROFILE . 260 rd is 12 ft high, so additional air raised it to 12' 8" as confirmed by dealer AND factory. I have 13' door on my storage.
    Well, the best laid plans......factory was out of low profile AC, so they installed a 15,000btu standard AC (14" high).
    I tried to park it, NO banana.
    Called the dealer, he tried to get GD to solve the problem - unable, NO low profile 13, 500 available.
    Dealer, said he would help, wanted happy customers, Had one (1), 13,500 low profile in stock and would switch out for free (nada, nothing, no dinero), just make a date and give them 1 hour. I did, they did, and all worked out.

Kudo's to Greenway RV in Wi Rapids, WI. A excellent dealer......with an excellent reputation and repair facility.
    2021 GD 260RD
    2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that. Usually excellent and dealer dont belong in the same sentence for one reason or another.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear. Years ago we had a thread documenting the good dealers. I guess that makes me an old.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by schoening View Post
    Story:
    Just purchased a new 260 RD from Greenway RV in Wisconsin Rapids, WI. I saw that a spare bedroom air cond was optional, so I ordered it. A 13,500 LOW PROFILE . 260 rd is 12 ft high, so additional air raised it to 12' 8" as confirmed by dealer AND factory. I have 13' door on my storage.
    Well, the best laid plans......factory was out of low profile AC, so they installed a 15,000btu standard AC (14" high).
    Called the dealer, he tried to get GD to solve the problem - unable, NO low profile 13, 500 available.
    Dealer, said he would help, wanted happy customers, Had one (1), 13,500 low profile in stock and would switch out for free (nada, nothing, no dinero), just make a date and give them 1 hour. I did, they did, and all worked out.

Kudo's to Greenway RV in Wi Rapids, WI. A excellent dealer......with an excellent reputation and repair facility.
    Great you took the time to post about such a positive experience.
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting the 'good stuff'! Very glad it worked out.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some good dealers to be found; not all are bad or substandard (still not sure if there is even a known "standard"). We have been fortunate to have bought our first (August, 2017) and current (March 2021 and brought home just yesterday) RV's from one of the good ones. While we did the PDI more than a month ago, we did another relatively quick check before bringing it home. The customer service tech showed us a few more features and resolved one small problem within minutes. Being my first 5th Wheel, he explained the correct way to hitch and unhitch the RV (and it made better sense as we did the hand on part while he guided us).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of good customer service...
    Before spending the winter in Arizona this year we bought a 42 gallon Barker tote. I am terrible about filling out warranty cards on small purchases since it's easier to buy something better than mess with dealing with the company.
    That said, one of the front tires on the tote shredded after using it about a half dozen time or so. No problem, I thinks, I'll trot down to my tire dealer and get another one. He can't find one. Back to the internet. Find some on E-Bay but wrong axle size. Rats.
    So, I finally email Barker and ask if I can get a new tire from them. Three days later a new tire assembly along with fasteners shows up at the house. No charge.
    I will happily buy from them in the future.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit1 View Post
    There are some good dealers to be found; not all are bad or substandard (still not sure if there is even a known "standard"). We have been fortunate to have bought our first (August, 2017) and current (March 2021 and brought home just yesterday) RV's from one of the good ones. While we did the PDI more than a month ago, we did another relatively quick check before bringing it home. The customer service tech showed us a few more features and resolved one small problem within minutes. Being my first 5th Wheel, he explained the correct way to hitch and unhitch the RV (and it made better sense as we did the hand on part while he guided us).
    Please name the dealer for the rest of us.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schoening View Post
    Story:

Yes, Greeneway RV is an outstanding dealership ! We know as our 303 came from there too. Over the years I have had questions and communications with the Ferkey family (the owners) and they have been wonderful. Great caring, helpful, and knowledgeable family and the rest of the team as well. We will talk with them when time to order our next GDRV w/o question.

Thanks, for sharing your experiences with us. Hopefully you did with them as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide