User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 351M! We were torn between that, the 320G and the 349M w/2nd bath. Ultimately, it came down to more kitchen area in the 349M at the sacrifice of some garage space for the 2nd bathroom. I think any of these units are pretty damn nice.

People have called these things $80k starter kits and I agree. Since getting mine in December, I've already done about 22 pretty major modifications to it and I still have a few more to go. Most of these are comfort/convenience (sewer system, WiFi, electrical system improvements, extra tv) and now I'm getting into garage functional changes (motorcycle transport, equipment, tools, gear).

Oh, and about tow vehicles - I just bought something that I was pretty sure would pull anything I wanted to pull.
    signature

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    If you're going full-time get a dually and a diesel. You will be heavy. We pull ours with a Ram CTD HO (Cummins turbo diesel, high output) with 4:10 rear end, that truck is a beast.

Red
    ^^^^x2 ^^^^^
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    x-2 on the 8k axles, Mine only has 4000 miles on it. I've never had over 1500lbs in garage and already have 2 weak springs on kitchen side. Only 1/2 tank generator gas and maybe 10 gals fresh water. all other tanks empty. Same problem on my last Jayco. Jayco replaced them with 8000lb. springs under warranty. I will probably do the same on this one. Maybe GD will help.
    Thanks, Cannon. We have added the upgraded axles. What has caused the springs to weaken on the kitchen side? Could the weight of the slide have possibly contribute to it?
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigattime View Post
    Toyhaulers are pin heavy so definitely consider the dually.

We have a 350M purchased new in 2016 and our f350 diesel dually does a nice job.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks gigattime. I know that toy haulers, by design, are heavier in the front. I also thought about how the pin weight will be affected by removing the happi-jac from the back end. Thinking I may need to add a little extra 'stuff' in the garage to offset.

Thanks again
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeimsNgolf View Post
    Attachment 33628My wife and I love our 2021 351M. Tow with 2019 Ram 3500 SRW, Cummins Diesel. Engine braking with truck is wonderful, especially on 6% + grade out here. Didn’t go DRW due to every day driving, but would if towing more often. Enjoy!
    Thanks, WeimsNgolf. DW would be prefer a SRW simply because, it too, will be our daily driver. Knowing that at some point we will need to switch over to a DRW in the future.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull our 350M with a Ram 2500. I added air bags on the rear and changed tires so each can carry 4080 lbs. this summer I will change to the bigger wheel hub/bearings on the rear axle. Same as the 3500 SRW. I will also add the 2500 4x4 power hop kit to keep the rear axle on the ground during acceleration. The shock absorber that connects the differential to the frame.

Our pin wt was almost exactly what the brochure said 2900 lbs.

The truck feels perfect pulling the trailer, but I pull very conservatively, e.g. never faster than 65 mph, never in winds greater than 25 mph (if Horizon Transport tells their drivers to shut down at that wind speed that’s good enough for me).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is daily driver also. We did spend 3 years full timing in place. Outside temps down to 5 deg F. Tanks never froze but did use a lot of propane. We had a third 30lb tank in the rotation. And an electric heated water supply hose.

We’re retired and no plans on going DRW last one I priced a Ram 3500 Mega Cab dually was MSRP $89500. Cant find a reason to get rid of the current Mega Cab. Only 183k miles. If really necessary I’ll put the dually wheelhouse hub extensions on the rear axle and add two tires.
    Last edited by Ra&Ta350; 04-25-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra&Ta350 View Post
    We pull our 350M with a Ram 2500. I added air bags on the rear and changed tires so each can carry 4080 lbs. this summer I will change to the bigger wheel hub/bearings on the rear axle. Same as the 3500 SRW. I will also add the 2500 4x4 power hop kit to keep the rear axle on the ground during acceleration. The shock absorber that connects the differential to the frame.

Our pin wt was almost exactly what the brochure said 2900 lbs.

The truck feels perfect pulling the trailer, but I pull very conservatively, e.g. never faster than 65 mph, never in winds greater than 25 mph (if Horizon Transport tells their drivers to shut down at that wind speed that’s good enough for me).
    Just curious, what is the power hop kit? Im a Ford guy, but I still like to know what's out there and I've never heard of this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6AB33460-E4C5-419F-9036-BDB70DD81DD6.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	658.4 KB 
ID:	33659
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Just curious, what is the power hop kit? Im a Ford guy, but I still like to know what's out there and I've never heard of this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It’s a shock absorber that bolts on top of the rear differential case and the other end bolts to the frame just ahead of the diff. It’s between the drive shaft and frame. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6AB33460-E4C5-419F-9036-BDB70DD81DD6.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	658.4 KB 
ID:	33659

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostad View Post
    I bought the 320G because I wanted light switches to turn on and off and the outside folding steps.

I did not get the happi jack setup, so I use a folding table and chairs in the garage when I have extra people, also no on board generator. Not yet sure if I like that decision but I do have 2 Honda 2000 watts generators.

I did get dual pane windows, 3rd ac, 2nd side awning and the rear patio deck with 3 season patio doors.

I really like my set up as I can use the garage as a dinning room or just extra living space when no motorcycle is in there.

After I bought the trailer i installed solar, started with 340 watts upgrading to 1020 watts soon, 4 (6) volt batteries that will be upgraded to 412 amp lithium batteries soon, disk brakes with 8k bearing and the wet bearing set up.

I also swapped out the guts of my lp fridge to the 120volt compressor guts with an 800 watt pure shine wave Victron inverter. I do like this setup but if I could have the residential fridge I would do it. Theses big 12-18 cubic fridges are hard to keep cool on hot days.

I do really like my momentum and I’ll be full time RVing this fall. I bought an RV spot in Mission TX as a home base and will sale my sticks and bricks house soon. My plan was to full time RV which is why I bought what I did and upgrades that I’ve done so far.

Best of luck in your new life change, I know I’m looking forward to mine.
    Thanks, mostad. Pretty sure we have light switches in all the right places, so I will definitely be checking on that. Speaking of switches; I am a little concerned about having most of the controls in a digital panel and not actual switches. I am hoping there is some kind of manual override/backup system should that panel fail. I guess having the ability to interact with the coach via the phone app could be a backup option.

We did not go with the generator either, and the dealer threw in the gen prep package. Like you, we also have 2 Honda generators, both 2200's. We did not go with the dual pane windows, 3rd AC, or the 2nd awning. Hopefully, we will not regret getting any of those.

Like you, as well, we intend on using the garage as a dining area/extra living space when our motorcycles are outside. We did get the 300W solar package, and will likely upgrade that later on, along with the lithium batteries.

We intentionally went with 18CF gas/electric fridge over the residential one, as we prefer having the power source option when boondocking. We normally add in blocks of ice to help in the cooling and use the melted ice for various water options. Although it usually takes several days for the melting to occur.

On a side note..I was born and raised in Corpus Christi and familiar with South Texas, although it's been many years since I've visited that area. I am curious as to why you chose Mission to be your home base.

Thanks again.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast