User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yea - we love it. And we love RV-ing.

As 1st time RV guy/owner - I'm trying to learn about RV's (operation, maintenance, fixes, functions, etc.) and I enjoy doing that.
    I rely on forums like this and other to ask and read/learn.
    If I found a note/comment/help about the Make/Model/Year of my RV - I thought I struck gold.
    Ultimately thats what lead me to figure out that 2021 doesn't necessarily mean my 2021...

Oh well - 1st time buyer learning curve.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    All over the Grand Design website they have this wording "Because of our commitment to continuous product improvement, Grand Design RV reserves the right to change components, standards, options, specifications, pricing and materials without notice and at any time. Photos may show optional equipment which may not be included in the standard purchase price of the featured unit. Be sure to review current product details with your local dealer before purchasing."
    Yea - when I asked Grand Design which year my RV was - that referred to this, too.
    A lot to read, as a 1st time RV Buyer...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Are you happy with the one you bought?
    Oh yea - we love it. And we love RV-ing.

As 1st time RV guy/owner - I'm trying to learn about RV's (operation, maintenance, fixes, functions, etc.) and I enjoy doing that.
    I rely on forums like this and other to ask and read/learn. (They have been great.. even this thread..)

If I found a note/comment/help about the Make/Model/Year of my RV - I think I struck gold.
    Ultimately that's what lead me to figure out that 2021 doesn't necessarily mean my 2021...

Oh well - 1st time buyer learning curve.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    All over the Grand Design website they have this wording "Because of our commitment to continuous product improvement, Grand Design RV reserves the right to change components, standards, options, specifications, pricing and materials without notice and at any time. Photos may show optional equipment which may not be included in the standard purchase price of the featured unit. Be sure to review current product details with your local dealer before purchasing."
    When I wrote to Grand Design, this was their answer too
    Lots of reading / learning...

I do appreciate the reply.

First time buyer, learned something new.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Other than the one connect,which I have but really don’t care about and would rather have the storage space the controller stole, what else are you mad about?

You likely have a Coleman a/c. Vs the Furrion. Which may be okay I just haven’t had one before
    They are new to the industry

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    1st, I'm not mad - folks. Disappointed isn't mad.

And you're sort of making my point for me...
    My 2021 vs another persons 2021 - how would I know what those differences are?
    These 'changes' are model changes, like when you buy a Truck.
    The 2018 GMS Sierra came in (3) body types.

Honest mistake on my part for not knowing that RV's come in 'model types' that are not listed anywhere... Thats all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get you original question I think. Ours was an early production’19. Later in the year they added central vac. A bit different from your situation. When we ordered we were told it would be an ‘18 , so picked up a model year but not the additions. Seems like there were a couple of other minor additions , but after 3 years they’ve kinda slipped my mind. It is a little frustrating not knowing what’s going on until you actually walk into your specific unit. Sorry, but it’s the nature of the beast. Sounds like y’all are pleased overall with your’s , and that’s what’s important. Enjoy it , learn from it, and be happy!
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV model year changes seem to happen mid winter. My 260RD has a build date of 1/2019 and was titled as a 2019 MY, probably, as I learned, one of the last. Comparing notes with @Hunter70 who had the same model built the same month yet titled as a 2020 MY. A few months later GD started adding more features like a revised interior scheme and exterior graphics along with self leveling. When the pandemic took a foothold it sort of became the wild west both because of consumer demand and parts / equipment shortages. As you have seen, the out that GD and other manufacturers give themselves is the disclaimer you noted. A year and a half ago there were posts of new owners ecstatic they got goodies they didn't expect. As models came off the lines about 9 months ago the tune changed with people posting wondering, same as you what they should or shouldn't expect. If you think something was omitted call GD again and press your dealer asking that the items be installed.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 02-26-2021 at 04:17 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Is this a 'thing' in the RV world, or just with Grand Design?

When I went to buy my RV (07/2020), they told me it was the 2021 model... only for me to find out later that its 'a' model, with a 2021 VIN#.
    The actual 2021 has more features, of course.

Thanks for any insight into this rather disappointing part of being a new GD-RV Owner.

Updated: I am not mad. Just a 1st time buyer trying to learn about RV things
    Chippy,
    First - welcome to the forum. I see you had a few posts and seem to overall happy with your new Imagine. That's great!

You'll find most people here are happy to help out and offer their experienced insight. So congrats on asking questions and learning. We've all been first-timers; some of us a long time ago, some of us not so long ago. And there is sooooo much to learn.

Anyhow - about your question of the model year "thing". Yes, unfortunately, that is a thing. It is much different than the automotive world and even varies from RV manufacturer to manufacturer. When we ordered our 2018 in January of 2018 it arrived in March of 2018 and got labeled as a 2019 - go figure!!! I have no idea why RV manufacturers need to do that. Since we got what we wanted I never bothered to look at whatever changes came along later in the "model year".

On the bright side I figured that at least it was one year "newer" for resale purposes. Not sure how well that will play out when the time comes to sell though.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Chippy,
    First - welcome to the forum. I see you had a few posts and seem to overall happy with your new Imagine. That's great!

You'll find most people here are happy to help out and offer their experienced insight. So congrats on asking questions and learning. We've all been first-timers; some of us a long time ago, some of us not so long ago. And there is sooooo much to learn.

Anyhow - about your question of the model year "thing". Yes, unfortunately, that is a thing. It is much different than the automotive world and even varies from RV manufacturer to manufacturer. When we ordered our 2018 in January of 2018 it arrived in March of 2018 and got labeled as a 2019 - go figure!!! I have no idea why RV manufacturers need to do that. Since we got what we wanted I never bothered to look at whatever changes came along later in the "model year".

On the bright side I figured that at least it was one year "newer" for resale purposes. Not sure how well that will play out when the time comes to sell though.
    Thanks, Larry.
    I appreciate the feedback & am very impressed w/ your map and all those states you've hit.
    We will be 'filling in' 11 of them ourselves.

Take Care

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    RV model year changes seem to happen mid winter. My 260RD has a build date of 1/2019 and was titled as a 2019 MY, probably, as I learned, one of the last. Comparing notes with @Hunter70 who had the same model built the same month yet titled as a 2020 MY. A few months later GD started adding more features like a revised interior scheme and exterior graphics along with self leveling. When the pandemic took a foothold it sort of became the wild west both because of consumer demand and parts / equipment shortages. As you have seen, the out that GD and other manufacturers give themselves is the disclaimer you noted. A year and a half ago there were posts of new owners ecstatic they got goodies they didn't expect. As models came off the lines about 9 months ago the tune changed with people posting wondering, same as you what they should or shouldn't expect. If you think something was omitted call GD again and press your dealer asking that the items be installed.
    I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast