User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Oh yea - we love it. And we love RV-ing.

As 1st time RV guy/owner - I'm trying to learn about RV's (operation, maintenance, fixes, functions, etc.) and I enjoy doing that.
    I rely on forums like this and other to ask and read/learn.
    If I found a note/comment/help about the Make/Model/Year of my RV - I thought I struck gold.
    Ultimately thats what lead me to figure out that 2021 doesn't necessarily mean my 2021...

Oh well - 1st time buyer learning curve.
    I took delivery of a Reflection travel trailer first part of July 2020, mine was a 2021 with all the upgrades. I was told once by a salesman that when they change over to another model year they change all the badges to reflect the new model year no matter when it was built! Don't know if this is true, since I have been lied to so much by salesman but thats what he said!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I took delivery of a Reflection travel trailer first part of July 2020, mine was a 2021 with all the upgrades. I was told once by a salesman that when they change over to another model year they change all the badges to reflect the new model year no matter when it was built! Don't know if this is true, since I have been lied to so much by salesman but thats what he said!
    ((I kinda think this is what happens, to be honest. The only way to know for sure would be to try to find out what was in the year before mine. If thats a 1:1 with make/features/etc., then I would call that 'shady' dealings. But, I'm not going to... LOL))

I appreciate your reply. Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered a new 2020 Reflection 315RLTS back in April of 2019. On our way home my wife was on Facebook and jumped up and said “ oh hell no they are changing the colors, I don’t want another white trailer”. The dealer never mentioned the color change, later they stated they were not aware of it. Well I was able to contact Grand Design and get one of the last 2020’s in capuchino that’s what they call the tan with darker interior. We people, for the ones not aware Grand Design makes all their changes mid year. That’s why there are Reflections for 2020 in both tan and white exteriors. And I guess the same applies for changes in other models. For us coming from a Imagine “white exterior” we wanted something that would stay cleaner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    ((I kinda think this is what happens, to be honest. The only way to know for sure would be to try to find out what was in the year before mine. If thats a 1:1 with make/features/etc., then I would call that 'shady' dealings. But, I'm not going to... LOL))

I appreciate your reply. Thanks
    I had looked at several 2020 Reflections and the difference in the 2020 and 2021 were: Goodyear tires, Compass connect, step supports, and MorRide 3000 suspension with wet bolts. Oh, and they added a extra gray water tank. I was fortunate, I paid the same price they quoted me on a 2020 for the 2021 with all the upgrades! Also, they added a foam insulator in the Plenum on the living room air!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I missed someone already saying it in the posts, but RVs are no different than vehicles where the new model year starts production early the year prior... Heck my 5th Gen RAM (daily driver) was built in July of 2018, and I actually have several standard features that became options by November, and vice-versa! You really want to make your head hurt, our last camper - Heritage Glen - and our current S-Class had their floorplans retired when we bought and to this day you cannot find our Heritage Glen model listed in the year it was (and when they loaded a tremendous amount of options into standard and changed the island, shower, tanks size completely).

Now, you throw in the effects of COVID-19 on the parts supply chain, and you can nearly say the same model changed every month, if not sooner, in production! I spent a lot of time out in Indiana last Fall and literally saw units coming off the line end-to-end with different HVAC, different plumbing fixtures, different awnings, and on and on...

Nonetheless, I think everyone experiences what you have felt with one purchase or the other over time. I certainly have. Fact of the matter, if we wait for the "best of it" you end up just waiting, and waiting, and waiting and never seizing and doing! IMHO. I unfortunately just did this myself after ogling a very nice shotgun for a couple years now, and when I finally convinced myself to indulge low and behold the manufacturer raised the price with the latest improvement by $469 and that is if you can find a good dealer/FFL not price gouging because of the high demand/low inventory (wait, sound familiar? LOL).

My advice, go camping and I bet you'll soon forget all about keeping up the the Jones'!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what you are missing is something that actually blew up in our face, to our benefit.

In December, we put a deposit on a 2021 2500RL that was on order, to have first right of refusal. Well, it shows up and the entertainment center/pantry is now a lower kitchen cabinet with a TV in place of the top cabinet. Not what we wanted. Grand Design website even still showed the old version.

Apparently, there's the model year changeover _and_ the mid year changeover, so kind of like two half model years, instead of one model year. Seems the 2600RB didn't get changed much, so we got a first half 2021.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opted for a 2021 model mainly because it was pre-wired for solar on the roof. The 2020 model had the solar connection on the side presumably for a portable panel. Took delivery in July 2020. There might have been some other changes but I don't know what they were.

I do remember that the 2020 model I was looking at was a "mid-year" model that had the new lighter colored interior while the older 2020 models had a darker interior.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2020 2800bh in August of 2019. I don't have the paperwork handy but I believe it was built in April. Our "early build" 2020 was identical to the 2019 model. The later 2020's contained a few nice upgrades but the biggest change were the cabinets. The new cabinets IMHO resembled Walmart furniture. I very much prefer the older style cabinetry and I'm glad we got a "2020" built before the changes took effect.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 2021 Model Price, but got the 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    We bought our 2020 2800bh in August of 2019. I don't have the paperwork handy but I believe it was built in April. Our "early build" 2020 was identical to the 2019 model. The later 2020's contained a few nice upgrades but the biggest change were the cabinets. The new cabinets IMHO resembled Walmart furniture. I very much prefer the older style cabinetry and I'm glad we got a "2020" built before the changes took effect.
    I agree
    I think the new colours are horrible and would have much preferred the darker more standard cabinetry looking cabinets
    These do look cheap imo as well but it is what we got so...
    I also would prefer to omit the one connect system. The opening of the slide with my cellphone feature is the only thing I will likely use but after discovering they used half of the entryway cupboard for the module for this ,I wish I never had it
    But I also wish it had a manual awning as well
    Our last trailer had a manual and it was never retracted no matter what the weather until the day we left
    These new ones are just sun shades

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-04-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I had looked at several 2020 Reflections and the difference in the 2020 and 2021 were: Goodyear tires, Compass connect, step supports, and MorRide 3000 suspension with wet bolts. Oh, and they added a extra gray water tank. I was fortunate, I paid the same price they quoted me on a 2020 for the 2021 with all the upgrades! Also, they added a foam insulator in the Plenum on the living room air!
    This might be true on the mid year 2021's that were built but not the early 2021's like mine. I got the Goodyear tires, compass connect and on my 311BHS I have two Gray tanks and a Gray/Black combo tank for the half bath and outdoor kitchen but I don't have the step supports, MorRide 3000 suspension with wet bolts and I don't know about the foam insulator in the plenum on the living room AC. There's model year changes and mid year changes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast