Name:	IMG_20210508_160239068.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	34020. assembled and wired up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210508_170336969.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	34021 closeup of the bms (sorry upside down)

Name:	IMG_20210508_170328121.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	34022 top image.

I have not yet put it into the trailer and there will be some tweeking to do along with that...

I plan on using some of the styrofoam packing it came with to help secure the pack into my current 6 volt battery box giving the pack a little insulation and some protection from virbration. I figure the foam got it to me on the slow boat from China and more importantly the courier upon arrival to North America.. I find most couriered items i receive "rely heavily" on their packaging to protect them haha.

I can post up links to all the major items I purchased, as long as that is OK with this web site.. I havent dug too deep into the rules on that but forums sometimes get sticky over "advertising" of non sponsor companies.

Now that I know I can at least put a few pics up let me know if there is an angle or something specific that is desired for an image. For now it is still in my laundry room...

Mike

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Thanks again Mike. The pics are great. This was suppose to be my project for next winter but now I'm tempted to swap DW craftroom project that was planned for this summer with this. Just scared of the repercussions of this decision might have. Lol

Might wanna wait till after mothers day to break that news.. haha

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize to the op for the hyjack...

I got my cells in the trailer and got them secured into the battery box just like I had hoped

Name:	IMG_20210511_145635555.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	34302

We really didnt get much in the way of testing as we were at a campground with power. I did notice that the four point electrical self levelers seem to really like the continuous juice provided by these cells on hitching and unhitching. The app also allowed me to see charging rate while driving down the road too which was interesting, approximately 8 amps continuous varying a little here and there. The Bluetooth had good range too, basically anywnere in the rv truck and campsite.

Installation was relatively easy, I think the hardest part was swapping the converter charger. The void behind the false wall is for lack of a better term, A MESS. There was so many ducts and wires and hoses that i could not see the plug in for the stock charger. It was there and was in the end a fairly easy swap but had to feel around blind to get it unplugged and plugged back in again.

Another oddity was the ground wire. There was a bare copper wire running though the ground loop but i couldn't find an end and it appeared to be a loop. I scratched my head for a whe on how to get the damned thing out finally settling on cutting it then using pliers to twist the ends together and putting a tag end into the new converter cause the ground wire hole was smallwe than the stock one. I had planned on putting both ends of the ground wire through the ground socket of the new charger and tightening the screw but the wfco had a much larger socket than the progressive dynamics and that plan quickly fell apart. Its all behind the false wall so I am not too worried what it looks like and its still easily returned to stock.

Name:	IMG_20210511_150649878.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	34303

My next addition will be some kind of battery cut off switch in the compartment so I do not have to mess with the wiring and bolts on the cells themselves.

Mike

Pics are upside down... sorry

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345