User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Question

I have a 2018 Reflection 337. Has the original Group 24 it came with as well as an additional Group 24 added on by the dealer tow years ago.

Connected to shore power with battery switch in "on" position. The batteries are gassing heavily and it appears the solution has seeped through the parting line between the upper and lower battery covers. Any ideas on what would cause this? Thanks in advance!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Question

I have a 2018 Reflection 337. Has the original Group 24 it came with as well as an additional Group 24 added on by the dealer tow years ago.

Connected to shore power with battery switch in "on" position. The batteries are gassing heavily and it appears the solution has seeped through the parting line between the upper and lower battery covers. Any ideas on what would cause this? Thanks in advance!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put a meter on the terminals and see if you are over about 14vdc when charging. If the the charge voltage is not too high, and the gassing off persists, there is likely something wrong with the battery
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cleary View Post

Have they froze. I remove my batteries in the winter and take them inside.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they ever been frozen?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cleary View Post

Mike, please post only one thread about a question/issue rather than posting the same question/issue in a couple of sections as you have done with this one.

As suggested in the other section, it sounds as though your batteries may have frozen. Whether they have or not, split cases with electrolyte leaking should be removed immediately and replaced.

There are *many* threads here about batteries. In a lot of them, people who have bought lithium batteries point out that despite their high cost it is amortized over their (promised) longer life, and this and other benefits make good sense of them. However lithiums do NOT do well in very cold weather - some cannot be charged in cold temps without damage - so if cold has been your enemy lithiums may not be your friends.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch