Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingtogorving View Post
    Hi all,

looking for thoughts on your grand design 5th wheel.. we are looking at the Reflection 28BH and just wondering if others have recently purchased, how do you like the unit, do you find it roomy (outside kitchen looks small) is it useful, how do the slide feel, any complaints, how are the seal leaks or issues with moisture.

just looking at over all rating the good the bad and the ugly.. prior to making a final decision.

thanks
    We received our 28BH in July, and love it.
    Besides the bunk room, we picked this model for its counter space and indoor storage.

I agree with the bunk rail comments. I bought some nice looking L brackets and 1x6” planks and made my own rails. I just sanded the planks and haven’t stained them yet, but it still looks good. It was one of the easier RV projects I’ve done.

We have the two couches (no dinette) and are glad we made that decision. Kids eat off the fold out coffee table provided.

However, the dog bed in the living room with the coffee table gets crowded. If you have a dog, and depending on the size of the dog, you can put the bed under that table and have more room.

The outside kitchen is small. I use the fridge and storage area. I quit using the stove after one use. But I bought a Blackstone (gas griddle) to take care of my cooking needs.

I’ve seen people remodel that kitchen. I would like to replace the stove with a simple drawer to hold stuff.

Only issue I have experienced... You will hear stories about awnings being weak. Don’t use them in the wind. Well, I had my awning out in a drizzle, no wind. The awning was somehow funneling water into the motor housing. The weight broke one of the linkages. It sounded like a tree fell on the RV. I know it was full of water when I pulled plug to manually wind it up. Now that awning brand is used on 90% of the RVs out t to there, so I’m not blaming Grand Design.

I have no regrets buying the 28BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2019 28bh, before they changed the bunk room. We love the unit for the most part. As others have said, the outdoor burners are terrible, although I am not sure if it is the stove, or the quick connection. I prefer to use the inside stove, if necessary. The fridge we use, but wish it was bigger. The dinette was uncomfortable, and we changed it out to the theatre seating. We bought a portable table and 2 chairs from Costco for rain day games and meals. I can’t speak for outdoor storage as they changed the floor plan for 2020, and they removed the rear garage. I can’t imagine having to stuff everything in the front garage.
    Now, as for dealers. Travel Ontario was not interested in selling us a trailer (?!?!) and we went to Layzee acres. Sales team was awesome, we got extras we wanted (free), and they gave us a great trade in for our pop up, and a decent discount from msrp. Then came service. Not good, and we will not use them now that warranted service is over and our sales deals are (kinda) dealt with. Shysters. We might try can-am next time we need help.
    2019 F250 6.2L 4.30 4x4 CCSB Lariat
    2019 FW Reflection 28BH
    Hensley Trailersaver BD3F
    2011 Ford Flex Ltd
    2011 Rockwood Premier 2516G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there I did visit them yesterday and yes they have great pricing! now we just need to pick the floor plan, my husband and I are at odds, I'm thinking the 31MB no out door kitchen he likes the 311BHS the extra money for the outdoor kitchen and 1/2 bathroom is too much dollars

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know, what was the issue with warranty? did they not want to service the vehicle after purchase?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad to hear it, we are looking at the 31MB and my husband is saying it has no outdoor kitchen which he is right, but I'm like lets bring a bbq an extra table and a coleman stove top and we should be fine.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The convenience of an outdoor kitchen cannot be underestimated. Even if only for a coffee maker or kettle.

I never used the stovetop in mine but the fridge and storage was awesome. I really really miss not having one. And we have had two units since the one with the outdoor kitchen.

Biggest issue for me is there is not even a propane quick connect on my 351 M. Even that would be amazing without the outdoor kitchen.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made an outdoor kitchen where the outside fridge is in the 31MB. I added a 24" MoreRyde slide and mounted a Blackstone griddle in it. Works Great and no issues with the LP hookup, as the quick disconnect is right there underneath. The tray slides fully out of the compartment so the griddle is never inside when in operation. I did have to get a different supply line to get rid of the low pressure regulator that comes with the griddle. You can't run two low pressure regulators on the same line, and campers already have one. The thread is here https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...iding-tray-Mod
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123