User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD's actually have a good standard warranty.
    The aftermarkets are overpriced and deliver little.
    I'll never buy one again.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warranty

[QUOTE=Second Chance;353431]It looks like you've figured it out, but here's my two cents worth: My wife found a very good description of extended service plans a while back (they are not warranties, but rather insurance policies with lots of fine print). They are another form of legalized gambling. The company is betting that nothing breaks that would cause them to pay out more than you paid for the policy; you're betting it will. As in all forms of legalized gambling, the house usually wins. Otherwise, these companies wouldn't be in business or make a profit. We prefer to set money aside regularly (earning interest) and pay for repairs as they come up.

Rob,
    Thank you for taking the time out of your day to respond. We are great full to so many people like you that make this forum truly magnificent. We are going to do as you have suggested and set up a rainy day interest bearing slush fund to address unexpected problems. I may be naive for thinking so but I would hope that GD would replace/repair items that have failed (microwave) even after warranty expiration. P.S. you are really filling up the states map, and if you don’t mind my asking where did you go in NY?
    Regards
    Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE, NY
    2020 S-Class 3350
    2020 GMC SIERRA DENALI 3500 CC Shortbox SRW 4x4, 6.6L DURAMAX/Allison 10 speed 3.42 gears

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    Rob,
    Thank you for taking the time out of your day to respond. We are great full to so many people like you that make this forum truly magnificent. We are going to do as you have suggested and set up a rainy day interest bearing slush fund to address unexpected problems. I may be naive for thinking so but I would hope that GD would replace/repair items that have failed (microwave) even after warranty expiration. P.S. you are really filling up the states map, and if you don’t mind my asking where did you go in NY?
    Regards
    Places we have stayed in New York include:
    Grand Isle (to visit Niagra Falls)
    Owego (absolutely beautiful place, stayed in a county park if I remember)
    West Point (Round Pond Military Campground - took the train into the city)
    Montgomery (traversing the state another time)

Keep in mind that we are full-timers, so it's not like we did all this traveling on summer vacations, etc.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    Next time you are in NY I would recommend that you go to Swan Bay in the Thousand Islands (private) and the gem of the Adirondacks: Fish Creek state camp ground not to far from lake Placid. They are both awesome and personal favorites among others!
    Annie n Leo
    UPSTATE, NY
    2020 S-Class 3350
    2020 GMC SIERRA DENALI 3500 CC Shortbox SRW 4x4, 6.6L DURAMAX/Allison 10 speed 3.42 gears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting in for warranty work is months long in many places. Suggest learning basic repairs, maintenance, and buy spares.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I will add
    My two cents as well. I am also considering the same policy. It is $3K not $6K for 7 years. The one unique thing about them is it is an exclusionary plan - in other words, a lot less fine print. Yes it is an insurance plan. They will tell you that. I guess it comes down to how much work you want or can do yourself. For me, I am visually impaired so rather than leave the repairs to my wife I am Seriously considering it. I also like the idea of being able to have mobile service and it’s paid for.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rv insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It looks like you've figured it out, but here's my two cents worth: My wife found a very good description of extended service plans a while back (they are not warranties, but rather insurance policies with lots of fine print). They are another form of legalized gambling. The company is betting that nothing breaks that would cause them to pay out more than you paid for the policy; you're betting it will. As in all forms of legalized gambling, the house usually wins. Otherwise, these companies wouldn't be in business or make a profit. We prefer to set money aside regularly (earning interest) and pay for repairs as they come up.

Rob
    Just like life insurance, you bet you are going to die soon, they bet your not.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan & Dean View Post
    Just like life insurance, you bet you are going to die soon, they bet your not.
    It should be death insurance. That’s one bet you want to loose.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for all the reasons above plus the real hassel factor and the deductible, even in your situation I dont think its worth it. But if its for peace of mind,,, My 2 cents.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Grand Design warranty a Solitude for full time living? If so does the 3rd party extended warranty also cover full timing?.. me thinks maybe not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast