Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My post was rude?

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Sorry for your issue but thanks for it also......that's why i ask....
    Going ti get Goodyear Endurances.....it called "an ounce of lrecentiin".
    Forum hints: If you're replying to a particular member (such as __________ here), use the Reply With Quote next to Reply (as I have done here). The person to whom you are replying will receive a notification and it helps others know whom you are addressing.

Also, Welcome to the family! Now you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My post was rude?
    Not your post. The post of someone else, in reply to you.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the issue you had, but thanks for it also for mine and others sake......that's why i ask....
    Going to get Goodyear Endurances.....I call it, "an ounce of Prevention".
    Carlisle Radial Trail HD are good trailer tires I had on my previous TT. I'd have them on this one now if I had listened to the little voice and changed them out before my last trip. After a Westlake blowout I was in a spot and found 4 Goodyear Endurance at a vendor near the campground.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up a 2020 230RL used only 3 short trip times. I'm a first time RV'r but very mechanically inclined.....I don't like Chinese tires.
    My tires are in great but I want to change them.....I know....I'm anal but it is what it is.
    I am retired military (fighter jets), build dirt stock cars and crew on a team, have built drag cars also......in other words, I know a little.
    These Westlake tires might be ok but I need some assurance or tell me what is popular with you guys.....
    Thanks
    I agree with you about the Westlakes. Grand Design now equips their rigs with Goodyear Endurance, which is probably the most popular choice. I bought my 303 new and dumped the Westlakes immediately and replaced them with the Goodyears. There was a video a while back with a Westlake next to a Good year, both off the wheels, and the guy was able to press the sidewall of the Westlake with his thumb, and couldn't do the same thing with his entire hand on the goodyears.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 RL2500 with Westlake tire on them. Currently I have about 9000 miles on them and they are fine. I do not overload my camper, I usually drive around 65 mph, and I do not hit any curbs. I regularly check the tire pressure before and during trips. You will get a lot of bad and good information on them that is for sure. I would just keep an eye on them and when they look like there is an issue I would replace them. Good luck!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I though same way about Westlake tires on our camper until I had blow out on busy Interstate 85 outside Atlanta and was saying to myself, "You should have changed these China bomb tires out before now". Thank God for those Georgia Highway Hero Units with their large flashing lights that diverted traffic to other lane while we changed tire - he may have saved my life.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My camper is going in Monday for new skins.....i don't expect the wife will change a flat......so off they come.
    Thanks Buckskin
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I though same way about Westlake tires on our camper until I had blow out on busy Interstate 85 outside Atlanta and was saying to myself, "You should have changed these China bomb tires out before now". Thank God for those Georgia Highway Hero Units with their large flashing lights that diverted traffic to other lane while we changed tire - he may have saved my life.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #bwasser View Post
    I have a 2019 RL2500 with Westlake tire on them. Currently I have about 9000 miles on them and they are fine. I do not overload my camper, I usually drive around 65 mph, and I do not hit any curbs. I regularly check the tire pressure before and during trips. You will get a lot of bad and good information on them that is for sure. I would just keep an eye on them and when they look like there is an issue I would replace them. Good luck!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    You realize you likely hit something on the road for it to blow
    A very large majority of people run “China tires” without issue

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast