User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealership Extras - Did you purchase?

Hey, we are working on the paperwork for our GD TT and some things were brought up as extra to purchase.

Obviously an additional warranty has been brought up, 3 years (total of 4 counting the 1st year that is included) can go up to 7 years. Was it worth it to you? Did you wish you had?

Gap insurance - we won't be upside down so don't think we need it.

Tracking device should it get stolen - I think this is more for the bank incase we default, call me skeptical. My insurance company also won't give a discount for having it unless it shows up when they check the VIN.

Undercoating the metal - we don't salt the roads here and are unlikely to camp in weather where it's used. It includes other things like fixing small blemishes on the exterior / interior - not worried about that though.

I'm leaning towards a no on all of them.

With my truck I can get an extended warranty elsewhere for cheaper, wasn't sure if it was the same on TT.

Any input would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Hey, we are working on the paperwork for our GD TT and some things were brought up as extra to purchase.

Obviously an additional warranty has been brought up, 3 years (total of 4 counting the 1st year that is included) can go up to 7 years. Was it worth it to you? Did you wish you had?

Gap insurance - we won't be upside down so don't think we need it.

Tracking device should it get stolen - I think this is more for the bank incase we default, call me skeptical. My insurance company also won't give a discount for having it unless it shows up when they check the VIN.

Undercoating the metal - we don't salt the roads here and are unlikely to camp in weather where it's used. It includes other things like fixing small blemishes on the exterior / interior - not worried about that though.

I'm leaning towards a no on all of them.

With my truck I can get an extended warranty elsewhere for cheaper, wasn't sure if it was the same on TT.

Any input would be appreciated.
    I'm with you on "no" to all of the above. They are all businesses and businesses need to make a profit. Save your money.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No to everything.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No to everything as well!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely no to everything.

Depending on how you will use your trailer, go for 2 6v batts in place of one wimpy 12v.

I had the dealer do that prior to pdi.

Good Luck!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Definitely no to everything.

Depending on how you will use your trailer, go for 2 6v batts in place of one wimpy 12v.

I had the dealer do that prior to pdi.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for all the quick replies.

I thought they came with 2 batteries? Hadn't gotten that far, but what's the advantage of 2 6v? Is it literally just hooking them up or any wiring work etc?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The advantage of the two 6s is because the 6v batts only have 3 cells vs 6 on the 12's, the plates are much thicker. Much more durable, can stand up to deeper discharges (not that it's ok).

Some people are ok with 2 12's (my brother has 2 12's). Lots of newer battery tech out there, but this is a good compromise until you really figure out how you will use your rig.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Thanks for all the quick replies.

I thought they came with 2 batteries? Hadn't gotten that far, but what's the advantage of 2 6v? Is it literally just hooking them up or any wiring work etc?
    Technically, they don't come with any batteries. But dealers put one in (at extra cost) usually.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Technically, they don't come with any batteries. But dealers put one in (at extra cost) usually.
    Yes, that is more what I meant being as we can't order directly from GD. I didn't see batteries on as an extra charge, or propane.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    The advantage of the two 6s is because the 6v batts only have 3 cells vs 6 on the 12's, the plates are much thicker. Much more durable, can stand up to deeper discharges (not that it's ok).

Some people are ok with 2 12's (my brother has 2 12's). Lots of newer battery tech out there, but this is a good compromise until you really figure out how you will use your rig.
    I'd like to know more about your 6V Batteries, did you go with standard car type and what brand did you go with? On our last camper I used two 6V golf cart batteries from Batteries Plus and they held up ok for 5 years. Connected a single panel solar package from Renogy which did a good job keeping them charged, but this new camper has a lot more things that draw off the battery than the previous one.
    2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
    Reflection 260 RD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast