User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parks with no regard of rules and noise are becoming a common place. What you experienced is not new. Speeders, noise, parties is.....so where is park management. Name the park, name the managers of the park....that is not a place I would go. As far as GD rigs pulling up who cares. Just because they have a Grand Design does not mean they respect their surroundings, as you have seen. When I see a comment from a sponsor (did you take the wheels of your trailer..I don't understand)...your right you don't understand.

Do what is good for you and your family. Some of us understand what you are saying.....disregard these childish responses, and be careful what you post. you
    will not find all your answers with your well being in mind on this forum or any other.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by titanxd View Post
    Parks with no regard of rules and noise are becoming a common place. What you experienced is not new. Speeders, noise, parties is.....so where is park management. Name the park, name the managers of the park....that is not a place I would go. As far as GD rigs pulling up who cares. Just because they have a Grand Design does not mean they respect their surroundings, as you have seen. When I see a comment from a sponsor (did you take the wheels of your trailer..I don't understand)...your right you don't understand.

Do what is good for you and your family. Some of us understand what you are saying.....disregard these childish responses, and be careful what you post. you
    will not find all your answers with your well being in mind on this forum or any other.
    Since I was the person you quoted I will respond

I have the exact same feelings as the OP. We are laid back quiet people.
    I have been in countless situations where I have been annoyed by neighbours
    I despise hearing other people’s conversations and cackling. They don’t hear me so why can I hear them?
    But I understand everyone has their own way of creating happiness and I am okay with that
    One thing I won’t do is rant about it on a forum

Have a great day

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    One thing I won’t do is rant about it on a forum
    So you just bottle it up instead? Venting on a forum is harmless, anonymous, and there's a tiny chance some of the kinds of people who are disruptive at parks will read it and change their habits slightly. Some of them may not actually be antisocial, they may just not realize how far the sound they make is carrying.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the years I have noticed more and more people who really don't take into consideration other people. Maybe as I get older I get more cynical, maybe as I get older I get less tolerant, maybe as I get older I have more time to find fault...... oh wait!!!! what the heck am i saying..... let me get another sip of coffee....

ah - that's better.....

Over the years I have noticed more and more people who really don't take into consideration other people. I'm not sure what it is. Folks seem so self centered these days. Lights on when the really don't need to be, more dogs barking than ever, golf carts in campgrounds no bigger than a postage stamp (either driving my kids, adults with on too many beverages, folks who really need excercise, - you know). It's no wonder more and more folks boondock. But heck, even those places are full of self centered people; the BLM lands are full of them.

So I mumble and grumble to myself and carry on. I am not going to let those nim-wits ruin my good day. I may or may not mention something to someone in authority but often don't bother - that too might fall on deaf ears.

And.... if a member wants to rant about an experience that is his or her right. No need for one-liners, sarcasm, veiled threats, and such.

Have a good day. Do something to make someone else's day nice.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    ...and there's a tiny chance some of the kinds of people who are disruptive at parks will read it and change their habits slightly....
    In my experience I would agree the chances of it changing their habits is EXTRAORDINARILY tiny. A good portion of the population aren't aware there are other people sharing the planet with them. Like the people in grocery stores that park their cart in the center of the isle and are oblivious to the five people staring at them waiting for them to move their cart to the side so they can pass.

One nice thing about COVID is I haven't been inside a grocery store in a year so I haven't had to deal with the clueless isle blockers.
    Last edited by bertschb; 03-13-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    . . . A good portion of the population aren't aware there are other people sharing the planet with them. Like the people in grocery stores that park their cart in the center of the isle and are oblivious to the five people staring at them waiting for them to move their cart to the side so they can pass.
    It says a lot about their parents and how they were raised.

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you just bottle it up instead? Venting on a forum is harmless, anonymous, and there's a tiny chance some of the kinds of people who are disruptive at parks will read it and change their habits slightly. Some of them may not actually be antisocial, they may just not realize how far the sound they make is carrying.
    I don’t bottle up anything

I actually unbottle next to a campfire

Sometimes wine sometimes whiskey and sometimes a nice ale

Cheers

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post

Have a good day. Do something to make someone else's day nice.....
    Best comment of the thread right here. ^^^^^^^ I think I'll use this to start a new thread
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Over the years I have noticed more and more people who really don't take into consideration other people. I'm not sure what it is.
    Society is evolving. It has become more acceptable, especially in more recent years, to publicly express antisocial attitude, some folks even fly it on a flag. It is corrosive, and the attitude starts to spread to people who would otherwise not be inclined that way. I've been watching this evolution for years and it's disheartening, I have no idea what the future holds but it doesn't look happy.

We need a good alien invasion or something ;-).
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Society is evolving. It has become more acceptable, especially in more recent years, to publicly express antisocial attitude, some folks even fly it on a flag. It is corrosive, and the attitude starts to spread to people who would otherwise not be inclined that way. I've been watching this evolution for years and it's disheartening, I have no idea what the future holds but it doesn't look happy.

We need a good alien invasion or something ;-).
    I am trying to imagine what “anti-social” attitudes are flying on flags??? But I feel the opposite
    What other people do to express their feelings generally has little bearing on others or at least shouldn’t
    The feeling that it is “corrosive” imo is actually what is corrosive

The idea that others must share others views is what is wrong today

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast