User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The springs are the pressure point in the axle. Using a bottle jack under the springs takes less pressure than using one of those tire aid things. If you use a tire aid then you're putting all the weight on one side on one spindle.
    If you use a bottle jack then you're only lifting one tire while the other is still supporting that side of the trailer. You only need to lift the axle 3/4 inch at most before the tire's off the ground. Thats no different than driving over a driveway entrance into a gas station or most small bumps in the road. Two jacks on one side then switch to the other side.
    Trying to lift by the frame is ridiculous since you only need to lift the tire 3/4". My frame is 22" to the under side. I would need massive amounts of blocking to be able to lift the tire off the ground. If I have a flat out traveling the last thing I want to do is drag out a pile of 4x6's and jack up the frame 3-4" when simply sticking a small bottle jack under the springs would do the job.
    Axle manufactures only say don't jack by the axles as a CYA thing.
    Last edited by goducks14; 03-25-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12