User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Serta mattress in our Imagine XLS 23BHE

A month or so ago we purchased a new Imagine XLS 23BHE travel trailer. We got it home the end of last week and checked out the mattress closer and found it to be incredibly firm. Actually really hard. We put a topper on it and it did not help. Do you think Grand Design will consider replacing this mattress with one that we can actually use?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Grand Design won't, but many of us have replaced the OEM mattresses with whatever we like to sleep on. A good place to start is getting the same mattress you use in your home if you're happy with it. We sleep on a Tuft & Needle mattress in the RV. If you use the search function (upper right) and search for "mattress," you'll find hundreds of posts on this topic.

I see this is your first post - welcome to the family! Now you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion s.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. Replacing the mattress is on of the first mods that most will do. The one that came with ours was just horrible and I like a firm mattress. We went with Zinus Green Tea off off of Amazon because of the reviews and the fact that it's one of the lightest. We got the 8in one and really love it.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serta mattress in our Imagine XLS 23BHE

Replacing mattress was one of our first priorities. We went with a Residential mattress from the Mattress Firm. Exact same still as our home bed and has made the transition so much easier. It sits a bit higher but sleeps really well [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    Last edited by 50ST8R; 04-12-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Krahling View Post
    A month or so ago we purchased a new Imagine XLS 23BHE travel trailer. We got it home the end of last week and checked out the mattress closer and found it to be incredibly firm. Actually really hard. We put a topper on it and it did not help. Do you think Grand Design will consider replacing this mattress with one that we can actually use?
    Nope, I don't think that will ever happen. I personally think that they should sell them without any mattress at all and reduce the price of the trailer by that exact amount. In our case it was probably about $20. We purchased a Transcend and our mattress was literally like laying on crunchy card board.....yes it made crunch noises when you laid on it. We didn't spend a single night on it. We installed a Casper mattress that we bought at Costco. Funny, but we loved the mattress so much much that we took it out of the trailer and put it on our bed at home. Then I went back to Costco and bought another!

We love our Transcend 26RLS, our only two disappointments we've had with it were the mattress and WestLake tires, both of which we've replaced.

Good luck and happy sleeping with whatever mattress you decide upon!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem with our 23BHE. Unfortunately, we purchased ours in Indiana and picked it up the first day of our trip back home to Alaska, with a detour to New Mexico. We barely had enough money to make it up to Alaska. So, we had to sleep on that one for two weeks. Before our next use, though, we replaced it with a Casper mattress from Costco. Still not as good as our Purple mattress at home, but WORLDS better than the OEM dog mat that it came with.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went to a local mattress shop, tried several, and bought one we liked. I did replace the gas springs with heavier ones though.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK