User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    As with everyone else, stow the sink covers! Unless you sling a MORryde IS under it, they're inevitably popping off. In fact, I recall here that someone had their pantry door's glass shattered when theirs popped out. Now for the water, and chance you left your pump turned on and the bouncing cover bumped the faucet handle? Did you pack up in rain? If so, could be from the slide-out roofs.
    Funny you should mention this. We have MORryde IS and still don't travel with the sink covers in place. In fact, our sink covers are in storage back in SC.
    @DBISS7 - as others have mentioned, water can get inside if you pull in the slides during or after a rain. This isn't a problem - just use a rag or towel to mop it up. The advice about making sure the water pump is off is also a must-do on your pre-departure checklist. We have Android phones and I installed an app called RVChecklist. It comes with some stock/generic checklists, but you can do your own (even create them in a spreadsheet and save them as a .CSV file and import them). I built one specific to our 310GK-R for pre-departure. We've been full-timing over 5-1/2 years but as I age there's no such thing as too many safety nets.

For internet and streaming, we have a "grandfathered" truly unlimited hotspot on Verizon, so I don't know much about using phones for hotspots.

BTW - Now you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBISS7 View Post
    Hey Team - Paperwork on Friday on Solitude 310 - Pulled into close by KOA - Killed it - set up great - great evening - Rigged down Saturday - Killed it - all went to plan - 1 hour trip to storage - mostly interstate, some bumpy side roads to get to storage - Got there - walked in - Water Everywhere - and the sink covers dislodged. )
    When you say "water everywhere" I assume we are talking about a lot of water, not just a spill? If so, and assuming your pump was on, I would be checking water supply lines to your plumbing fixtures. Since this is a new trailer it's possible that one of the supply lines was not tightened, and your drive home managed to significantly loosen it, allowing the pump to do it's thing.

I don't feel there is any way a fresh water tank can just slosh or push water into the trailer. Did you hear the sound of the pump still running when you discovered the water?

Personally, I only travel with less than a quarter full on the fresh water tank. I have never seen how the tank is supported, but if it's anything like the rest of the trailer, I doubt it's really engineered to strongly support a lot of weight bouncing around. The brochure on my fresh water tank shows 52 gal. That's over 400 lbs. Also, NEVER leave pump on when traveling.

On a side note, I have a rear kitchen Reflection and travel with sink covers in place. Have never had them move, but think in the future I will store them.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We travel with the sink covers, microwave turntable, oven tile (self-cut to the right size) and dish drainer all standing vertically under the sink, to the rear of the cabinet. We also have all of the under-sink items sitting against the stack, holding it in place. We rarely have any shifting.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We store our sink tops under the sink when traveling. For the most part that's where they are all the time, although I've used them when I needed a serving table for a small group buffet a few times. The microwave plate, I made a quilted cover for that just a shade large, I tuck the 2 front corners under the edge of the plate inside the microwave. Has anyone experienced the microwave plate falling out of the microwave? Dish drainer fits inside the sink when traveling. It's a fairly soft plastic, so I'm not worried about it flying out (it's a tight fit).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    No need to be embarrassed - like most of us here you've started the trailer-life journey with teaching
    That’s for sure. I remember my first fifth wheel on our first trip. Beautiful camp site 30 feet from the bank of a gorgeous lake (Turquoise Lake in Leadville Colorado). Backed into our spot like a champ. Went to release the trailer from the hitch and....forgot to chock the trailer tires. Watched that thing roll about 8 feet straight at the lake. Grabbed the front corner like I thought I could hold it in place. Remember my wife yelling at me to “let go!” For a moment thought it was going in the drink. Luckily it stopped, but that was a learning moment here. I now slow down significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    We tape our sink covers down with blue masking tape when traveling. We also remove the microwave glass turntable from the microwave and store it when traveling.

I have no idea why you have water all over. We travel with 1/4 tank of freaky water in case we need to stop and use the bathroom while traveling.
    We tape our sink covers down with blue painters tape as well. Holds them down in place very well and we've traveled some pretty rough roads without an issue.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBISS7 View Post
    Hey Team - Paperwork on Friday on Solitude 310 - Pulled into close by KOA - Killed it - set up great - great evening - Rigged down Saturday - Killed it - all went to plan - 1 hour trip to storage - mostly interstate, some bumpy side roads to get to storage - Got there - walked in - Water Everywhere - and the sink covers dislodged. I DID NOT DRIVE CRAZY -

Upon further review - Fresh water tank was full - I missed emptying that at campground. All other tanks properly emptied etc.... -

Has anyone experienced this? I"m guessing all the sloshing around with a full fresh water tank created pressure and pushed out of sink faucet in a robust manner..... But i don't know -

Any comments welcomed ----

One other note - has anyone run their TV off of their Iphone Hotspot instead of campground WIFI?

thanks Team - Hopefully before long - i'll be adding to this forum instead of asking for help......
    The sink covers came off our 303RLS the first trip. We store them under the sink during travel.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We store our sink tops under the sink when traveling. For the most part that's where they are all the time, although I've used them when I needed a serving table for a small group buffet a few times. The microwave plate, I made a quilted cover for that just a shade large, I tuck the 2 front corners under the edge of the plate inside the microwave. Has anyone experienced the microwave plate falling out of the microwave? Dish drainer fits inside the sink when traveling. It's a fairly soft plastic, so I'm not worried about it flying out (it's a tight fit).
    Another option, measure from the micro plate to the inside top of the micro. Cut a piece of pool noodle 1/2" longer and stand it up vertically. Easy- peasy! Works great.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Another thought on the water. Your toilet. Make sure you have just enough water to cover the seal.....and seat down......other then that pump and sink faucet got bumped? Just thinking out loud. We put our sink covers on the bed travel days. And instead of using a Hotspot and getting throttling get a cord that goes from hdmi to your phone....

We are doing this now as a matter of fact.

Good luck, learn and enjoy. Great rv you have.
    I think your HDMI to phone suggestion just solved our bad wi-fi at campgrounds problem!
    2020 245RL
    2015 F-150 EcoBoost 3.5
    Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVing in Michigan View Post
    Another option, measure from the micro plate to the inside top of the micro. Cut a piece of pool noodle 1/2" longer and stand it up vertically. Easy- peasy! Works great.
    Inside the microwave, there's a shelf halfway between the top of the plate and the inside top of unit.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast