User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boom continues

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are full time RVer's - traveled around a bit - now in Central Florida for a while. I think the parks are going to get more crowded. Two observations; there are a lot of families full timing. I think technology has allowed that to happen. Because of COVID and the Internet lots of occupations have become mobile or remote. Also, RV parks seem so much more friendlier than an apartment or condo or home. When we were in our sticks and bricks I knew like four people who lived either side of me - the neighborhood was dead. At the RV park I know dozens of people. Just more friendlier - people gravitate to that.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that there's more factors to this and they won't necessarily go away. First is the ever growing population and the not so growing amount of camp sites. Then there's the fact that people live longer and healthier. At 60 people are still in great shape so the amount of retired or semi retired healthy people able to travel is also growing. Then there's the also growing mid and upper income families that are also able to afford traveling and RVing. These won't go away and aren't Covid related. Now add to this the younger people that can afford it and can now remotely work from anywhere. Being able to travel while working is pretty attractive. This might decrease a little but not by much. So my guess is the RVing community will continue to grow, quickly. Now some might try it and get out but I think most will absolutely love it and why wouldn't they.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I think that there's more factors to this and they won't necessarily go away. First is the ever growing population and the not so growing amount of camp sites. Then there's the fact that people live longer and healthier. At 60 people are still in great shape so the amount of retired or semi retired healthy people able to travel is also growing. Then there's the also growing mid and upper income families that are also able to afford traveling and RVing. These won't go away and aren't Covid related. Now add to this the younger people that can afford it and can now remotely work from anywhere. Being able to travel while working is pretty attractive. This might decrease a little but not by much. So my guess is the RVing community will continue to grow, quickly. Now some might try it and get out but I think most will absolutely love it and why wouldn't they.
    I hate to say it but you're probably right. While we are not full time, and have no desire to be while the grand kids are more or less stationary, all of us love the weekend (or a little longer) trips. The grand kids are with us at least 3 times a year - maybe more this year. We are in good shape right now as far as health goes, so being on the move with the young kids works for us. Some people are going going to find this whole camping thing - whether full time or not - really enjoyable. Hopefully some of the private CG owners will expand - and maybe even some new ones will pop up. I certainly hope so.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I hate to say it but you're probably right. While we are not full time, and have no desire to be while the grand kids are more or less stationary, all of us love the weekend (or a little longer) trips. The grand kids are with us at least 3 times a year - maybe more this year. We are in good shape right now as far as health goes, so being on the move with the young kids works for us. Some people are going going to find this whole camping thing - whether full time or not - really enjoyable. Hopefully some of the private CG owners will expand - and maybe even some new ones will pop up. I certainly hope so.
    Ya me two as we like traveling without an itinerary. We I do, DW doesn't. We are never more then a couple days at one spot so having the flexibility of staying longer, or shorter is what we love but now we have to book everything in advance.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me RV’ing is much cheaper. We’ve been RV’ing for almost 15 years, camping 25+ years. I accepted a job recently in NC. I pulled my 2250 RK up to a campground away from the hustle and bustle and pay $500 month + electric (runs me less than $30/month) then I commute home on the weekends. I love it. Great job and I get to camp everyday. This is living the dream. Rent in the area I work is $900+ for a one bedroom and then utilities on top of that. The weekend commute will burn me out before camping full time. BUT...I told my insurance company what I was doing. Most insurance companies won’t insure if you are living full time in your RV and most owners manuals state the RV isn’t intended for full time use.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Right now we are staying at a great RV park, Colorado Landing 125 sites in La Grange Tx. A great private RV park with lots of amenities, $425 / month plus metered electric. A lot of permanent retired people here plus middle age workers with park models, tiny homes mixed with RVs. Right now probably at 30% capacity. La Grange Tx doesn't have a lot going on around here but its relatively close to major cities.
    I heard of an interesting shack outside La Grange (ZZ Top song), but that was a different time... ;-)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree. Best neighbors are RV’ers.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Covid-19 has changed everything up here in Canada. From everyone selling their homes anywhere near Vancouver or Vancouver island and moving into the Okanagan, to how this has pushed the price of housing through the roof, to the point that it's pushing people back out of BC into Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. My understanding it's the same in Ontario (people moving out of TO into New Brunswick and Nova Scotia). They're all of the same mind. If I'm going to work from home, then I'm going to be comfortable, or closer to family (due to covid restrictions). Unfortunately, you're also correct, people in Canada have hit the RVin'g band wagon like crazy. I recently sold my 5th wheel reflection for much more than I thought I would've in a non-covid time. Fortunately, I was able to purchase a brand new Transcend 200MK at an awesome price, just before inventory went to hell! Nothing is being held on any of the dealerships near I live. The RV parks aren't all full, yet...but they're almost all fully booked from the May long forward. So unless you're a boondocks, like myself, good luck finding a place to RV just about anywhere. Like the housing market, it's going to be interesting to see what happens to the multitudes of RV's bought during covid...Personally, what's bothering me more how the price of RV spots have started to climb, so much so that if I'm not boon docking, I won't be camping...I refuse to pay over $90.00 a night for a 30 amp travel trailer site...
    Sorry for the long rant, but it's been on my mind since selling and having to move full time into my unit until my next home is ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are selling our sticks and bricks to take advantage of the extremely hot market. The value has swung $70k in the last 3 yrs when we tried to sell it before. I plan to retire next year and leave this area. Looking into apartments around here minimum liveable place is $1200/month. We can stay in the local campground for $450/month including electricity. It's a no brainer.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    That's why we made all our campground reservations for our summer trip 3 months ago.
    Camping at an established campground is the last place we want to camp. We camp to get away, not to be parked next to a bunch of other campers, with no outdoor activities but maybe walking. Primitive camping is the way to go, especially when you have extra batteries or a generator. You can go a long time without any hookups, plus the scenery and "get-away" factor are far better. BLM, USFS, NPS, and even the growing Harvest Hosts are better options.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast