User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinICT View Post
    With the delta variant apparently going off the charts for now, we have decided to stand down on future trips for the summer. So sad. This was our first year of retirement. There’s always next year, hopefully.
    I actually think RV travel is very safe. You spend time, sleep and eat in your RV. You can get curbside pick up of groceries at Walmarts along your route. If you step outside your RV, you are outside in the fresh air. You can avoid people while on an RV trip just as easily as you can avoid them at home. We're on a road trip around the west right now. We've hit many of the national parks. We don't go inside any of the visitor centers, don't go near the ranger talks or any other groups of people. It hasn't been a problem for us at all. Any places we've been concerned about crowds (e.g. Mt Rushmore), we just arrived super early. In fact, we've gone into most parks very early in the morning. Sometimes before they open. No problems with crowds if you're early.

I don't think next summer will be much different than this summer. There will be new variants and new reasons for the government to shut things down. Enjoy your retirement while you can. You may not have a "next year".
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I don't think next summer will be much different than this summer. There will be new variants and new reasons for the government to shut things down. Enjoy your retirement while you can. You may not have a "next year"."

IMO that's exactly right. No sadder words than "I sure wish I would have...".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I think the “original” virus had a 99.97 recovery rate and this new “variant” has a 99.96 percent
    You're mistaken, off by two orders of magnitude. Best estimate for IFR is over 1% (and some places are already a good bit over than that even though not every citizen has been infected yet). CFR a bit higher, and easier to ascertain. And the big difference between the original and this Delta variant is that the rate of transmissibility is much, much higher for Delta. Second only to measles, which is pretty incredible really.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    You're mistaken, off by two orders of magnitude. Best estimate for IFR is over 1% (and some places are already a good bit over than that even though not every citizen has been infected yet). CFR a bit higher, and easier to ascertain. And the big difference between the original and this Delta variant is that the rate of transmissibility is much, much higher for Delta. Second only to measles, which is pretty incredible really.
    Sure. Still know absolutely no one affected by any of it
    Have a great day

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. Still know absolutely no one affected by any of it
    That's great to hear! I wish I could say I was so blessed.

Have a great day
    And you as well!
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know 6 people personally, two are family members (aunt and uncle).

All survived, half had to be put on ventilators. Not pretty.

Say what you want about it’s origins and efficacy of the vaccine, but the effects of this on the human body are real and devastating!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    That's great to hear! I wish I could say I was so blessed.

And you as well!
    People do get sick and die. It happens
    There is no evidence that deaths are much greater than some other year totals

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been tracking COVID deaths in my home state of Oregon daily since it started. I would say 95% of the reported deaths were from people with pre-existing conditions. Of the remaining 5%, 4% are listed as "Presence of underlying conditions is being confirmed". They never report back on those 4%. The last 1% could be a death without underlying conditions although there have been several corrections saying they erroneously reported a death as having no underlying conditions but they actually did. So, at least in Oregon, if you have no underlying conditions, your risk of death from COVID is extremely low. Of Oregon's 4,289,000 citizens, 2,912 have lost their lives or .07% . Since even people in hospice who die WITH COVID are counted as COVID deaths, the odds of dying FROM COVID are even lower.

As for Delta - yes, it's more contagious but so far deaths haven't followed the same trajectory as infections. Of course that could change with time.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    So why are vaccinated people or people that have already survived the virus, still getting the virus?

Why haven't we achieved herd immunity with influenza?
    The vaccines are not 100% effective in preventing COVID so some vaccinated people will contract COVID. I don't think anyone knows how long contracting and recovering from COVID provides protection from re-infection. So some vaccinated people and some who have recovered from COVID are/will get infected/re-infected.
    As influenza goes, every year they (whoever "they" are) have to guess what versions of flu will be making the rounds months later, create and distribute vaccines targeted against them. Some years they guess better than others. Basically, flu is a moving target.

Hopefully COVID will eventually go the way of polio and measles.

Hope this helps, and I am not an expert so.....
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People do get sick and die. It happens
    There is no evidence that deaths are much greater than some other year totals
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7015a4.htm

"Using more recent data from the National Vital Statistics System (NVSS), CDC estimated that 545,600–660,200 excess deaths occurred in the United States during January 26, 2020–February 27, 2021."
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast