User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad day

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The price will scare you! Currently, lumber is still way, way up. If you can postpone till 2022 it should get back in line. My pole barn is mothballed till then as the cost doubled and then some.
    Actuall the price isn't too much higher than a steel.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Actuall the price isn't too much higher than a steel.
    I'm shocked to hear that. Especially in PA. I've been monitoring lumber prices for a year. Maybe your steel number was high. Was it prefabricated metal building with frames or a light gauge shelter?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I'm shocked to hear that. Especially in PA. I've been monitoring lumber prices for a year. Maybe your steel number was high. Was it prefabricated metal building with frames or a light gauge shelter?
    It was a bare bones carport. Which is exactly what I am getting from the Amish. All rough cut wood with a roof. I got him to cut $1500.00 off the price. I'll do the dress up stuff later - maybe. I want to get it under cover because where it's parked now has trees behind and on the drivers side. Worried about limbs, especially when we get wins like today. Really howling right now.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    It was a bare bones carport. Which is exactly what I am getting from the Amish. All rough cut wood with a roof. I got him to cut $1500.00 off the price. I'll do the dress up stuff later - maybe. I want to get it under cover because where it's parked now has trees behind and on the drivers side. Worried about limbs, especially when we get wins like today. Really howling right now.
    Ah... I know all about the winds. We're on the floor of a valley and they run done the hillside with authority!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda the same here - in a very narrow (about 150 - 200 yards at the "bottom") east west valley between two pretty steep and fairly high mountains.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Fixed!!

My son's stopped today on their way to work, as they do most days. The older of the two (by 9 minutes) was at the RV with me while I was doing a little trouble shooting in the lighter wind. Pulled a couple of fuses in the one control module, then said where does the power from the battery come in. We started tracing wires. When we got to the bus bar the main lead to the control module was missing the nut holding the lug to the bar! Completely loose and flopping around! I had taken the cover off the bus bar yesterday and looked things over, but it was a cursory look at best, and a no touch. The nut was nowhere to be found, but being a packrat of anything I think might be useful someday, I had a selection in the garage. Put the nut on and viola, it works. Bad day gone - Good day here!!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it fixed. It's good to know where those inline fuses are anyway. I had the exact same symptom and mine was caused by an inline 10amp fuse. Fortunately, i have an assortment of fuses on hand.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same exact problem a couple of weeks ago and racked my brain with the Lippert instructions, owners manual, etc looking for loose wires, etc and finally discovered one of the 10 Amp fuses that was hidden in a wired bundle that was blown. There are three 10 Amp fuses in my system, two of which are easy to see and visible. The third one has a black cover over it and you can't tell it's a fuse until you pull the cover off....that was the culprit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Had the same exact problem a couple of weeks ago and racked my brain with the Lippert instructions, owners manual, etc looking for loose wires, etc and finally discovered one of the 10 Amp fuses that was hidden in a wired bundle that was blown. There are three 10 Amp fuses in my system, two of which are easy to see and visible. The third one has a black cover over it and you can't tell it's a fuse until you pull the cover off....that was the culprit.
    Sometimes the fuses for things are in the strangest places... I'm still trying to figure out why I would have removed the nut on the lug to that wire. It had to be on when I parked the RV, otherwise the leveling system would not have worked.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123