User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator compartment

Just traveled from Arizona to Montana on our Grand Design Solitude and noticed a dent in the refrigerator door. Thought we did it when closing the slide, but then, with the slide closed, noticed that there is a lot of play in the refrigerator, easily rocked back and forth, so much that we suspect the frig in bouncing into the island while on the road. When the slide is out however, the refrigerator is secure. Talked with customer service with Grand Design and they are not sure what is going on. We will take a video and pictures of the slope in the frig inside the compartment and see what they come up with. But just curious if others have had this problem and what the fix might be. I am concerned that with the frig moving around it may eventually damage the cabinetry around the frig.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have an RV refrigerator or a residential refrigerator and which brand? What model is your Solitude? Knowing these things would help folks answer your question(s). You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can create a signature by going to: Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Wow, Rob. How many times have you typed that?
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    You can create a signature by going to: Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Wow, Rob. How many times have you typed that?
    Once. I have it in a "frequent use" document with lots of other stuff. I just copy and paste.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 05-08-2021 at 07:18 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksheets View Post
    Just traveled from Arizona to Montana on our Grand Design Solitude and noticed a dent in the refrigerator door. Thought we did it when closing the slide, but then, with the slide closed, noticed that there is a lot of play in the refrigerator, easily rocked back and forth, so much that we suspect the frig in bouncing into the island while on the road. When the slide is out however, the refrigerator is secure. Talked with customer service with Grand Design and they are not sure what is going on. We will take a video and pictures of the slope in the frig inside the compartment and see what they come up with. But just curious if others have had this problem and what the fix might be. I am concerned that with the frig moving around it may eventually damage the cabinetry around the frig.
    Our 310GK-R does the exact same thing. I brought it to our dealer’s attention , twice , to no avail. Both times they said it needs a bracket on the top , which I authorized and paid for the first time. After reminding them about that , and pointing out that even though I was charged for one there wasn’t a top bracket on it , they decided it’s fine. The issue is there is nothing supporting the inside edge of the slide floor when it’s retracted , so it flexes , letting the top of the fridge rock.
    I bolted a length of C-channel to the top of the slide floor at the front edge of the fridge. T-nuts up from the bottom of the floor , threaded studs with nuts to cinch it down. End studs go thru the tabs on the fridge with a nut above & one below to hold fridge from moving. This took probably 75% of the movement out.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin