User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    My fridge on my 2021 2970RL is in the slide and it works fine on propane when the slide is closed.

They may have added something when they realized there was a problem with the propane regulator and over flame events.
    To Rob and Mike, I asked that very question in my conversation - is this something new with 2021 models ? She said no, it's been this way for the 20 years she has been in the business ........ huh?! As I mentioned before, I tried to ask in several ways to make sure I was hearing what I thought I was hearing.

Anyway, I'll get out to the storage lot and check for a kink.
    2021 Solitude 3540 GK, Reese Goosebox 20K, TST 507 TPMS, RV Airflow
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/10 speed Allison, LB DRW 4WD
    previous: First "rig" was a '68 VW Bug and 2 backpacks
    1972 Starcraft 8 tent trailer, '73 Chevy Blazer
    2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg tent trailer, '07 Toyota 4Runner
    2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29QBS, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 4WD, Equal-i-zer hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, just went out to the storage lot, and............ drum roll, please.......... the propane line was pinched between a metal support for the flexible plastic gas line guide and the sidewall rubber seal. I moved a hose clip about 2 inches forward and rearranged the hose through all the guides to give just a little less play forward of the metal support position, and exercised the slide while running the fridge. All is well.

I'll keep an eye on both the clearance after more miles on the road and the hose at the former pinch point, which didn't look severe nor did the rubber look damaged, just slightly flattened which I finger-forced back into round.
    2021 Solitude 3540 GK, Reese Goosebox 20K, TST 507 TPMS, RV Airflow
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/10 speed Allison, LB DRW 4WD
    previous: First "rig" was a '68 VW Bug and 2 backpacks
    1972 Starcraft 8 tent trailer, '73 Chevy Blazer
    2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg tent trailer, '07 Toyota 4Runner
    2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29QBS, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 4WD, Equal-i-zer hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady and the Fishfinder View Post
    Okay, just went out to the storage lot, and............ drum roll, please.......... the propane line was pinched between a metal support for the flexible plastic gas line guide and the sidewall rubber seal. I moved a hose clip about 2 inches forward and rearranged the hose through all the guides to give just a little less play forward of the metal support position, and exercised the slide while running the fridge. All is well.

I'll keep an eye on both the clearance after more miles on the road and the hose at the former pinch point, which didn't look severe nor did the rubber look damaged, just slightly flattened which I finger-forced back into round.
    Glad that is all it was. I moved mine into a loop and used a loose zip tie as a guide. I still need to adjust it now and then.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased our first RV, a 2021 GD 303RLS, a few months back. Just completed the maiden voyage. 3600 miles round trip from Kingston Wa, to Omaha NE. 3-days travel in each direction. Ran with the propane off as I was concerned about safety. Temps during the day were 80-105 degrees. The Norcold 1210 AC/Gas fridge could not keep the temps within safe ranges. By lunch time each day, the fridge was 50+ degrees. We even used medium sized "Cooler Shock" packs, 2 in the freezer and 2 in the fridge, to try to keep things cool.

Researched converting the Norcold 1210 to a DC compressor system. $1200+.
    Researched running an inverter. Would require multiple (6-8) lead/acid batteries to supply the 60Ah for a 10 hour travel day.

Running with the propane on is really the only option. Will do so on my next trip.
    Last edited by Casa_Woody; 08-15-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casa_Woody View Post
    Purchased our first RV, a 2021 GD 303RLS, a few months back. Just completed the maiden voyage. 3600 miles round trip from Kingston Wa, to Omaha NE. 3-days travel in each direction. Ran with the propane off as I was concerned about safety. Temps during the day were 80-105 degrees. The Norcold 1210 AC/Gas fridge could not keep the temps within safe ranges. By lunch time each day, the fridge was 50+ degrees. We even used medium sized "Cooler Shock" packs, 2 in the freezer and 2 in the fridge, to try to keep things cool.

Researched converting the Norcold 1210 to a DC compressor system. $1200+.
    Researched running an inverter. Would require multiple (6-8) lead/acid batteries to supply the 60Ah for a 10 hour travel day.

Running with the propane on is really the only option. Will do so on my next trip.
    We traveled with the propane on until 2 years ago when we upgraded to 2 lithium batteries and an inverter. More expensive than replacing the fridge with a 12V compressor model, but also lets us dry-camp without running the generator a lot.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We traveled with the propane on until 2 years ago when we upgraded to 2 lithium batteries and an inverter. More expensive than replacing the fridge with a 12V compressor model, but also lets us dry-camp without running the generator a lot.
    livinthelife,
    What batteries did you buy? Manufacture? Group/Size?
    Which inverter are you using?

I thought about Li batteries but the cost $$$ was a surprise to me. I figured that Li chemistry/technology advancements over the past years would have driven the cost down.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casa_Woody View Post
    livinthelife,
    What batteries did you buy? Manufacture? Group/Size?
    Which inverter are you using?

I thought about Li batteries but the cost $$$ was a surprise to me. I figured that Li chemistry/technology advancements over the past years would have driven the cost down.
    We got Battleborn batteries and a Renogy inverter. My husband did all the installation.

Lithium batteries used to cost a lot more than they do now, but, yes, they're still pricey. They last longer, and they weigh less. Plus you can discharge all the way down without damaging them.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PD- Same is happening with my 2022 xls 17mke. I emailed Grand Design about this, and the official word is to keep the refrigerator off during driving. From what I have read, this problem exists because of the frig vents on the back of the trailer. Turbulence is causing poor ventilation and/or possibly causing a "blow torch" effect on the propane flame thereby causing overheating of the boiler and tripping the thermofuse. You might want to investigate Frig Defender by ARP at https://www.arprv.com/products.php . Watch the videos. The installation seems simple enough; and is reversible by reconnecting one wire (which bypasses the Frig Defender connection to the frig controller). Grand Design used to supply a baffle kit to cover to propane flame and a removable vent fin for the outside vent covers on the back wall. They no longer do that. Along with the Frig Defender, they sell fans which can move more air over the upper condenser fins. Good luck. Let us know what solutions work best for you.

moderator edit comment..... released from moderation - where it was due to a link from a first-time poster.....
    Last edited by traveldawg; 10-14-2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: post was moderated

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345