User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could reach out here and see if anyone happens to be local and would go check it out before hiring a RV inspector. I looked at a unit for someone locally from the Keystone forum a couple of years back. Granted it was a new unit, but dealer had two, and one was definitely in better cosmetic shape than the other. That allowed the buyer to negotiate on the inventory I picked out prior to driving 1,000 miles.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I purchased our used 5th wheel ( 5 months old) from a non Grand Desogn dealer out of state. In our case the distance from our home was 1,100 miles. We visited the dealership to inspect the trailer, made the deal and returned the following month to pick up our 303. Personally I would make the trip out to inspect the trailer before purchasing. I would think arranging to have the trailer hauled back home would be relatively easy if your personal timeframe allows.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to point out, all of this is great advice.... From 2 years ago. Unless things have changed in the RV industry in the last few months, you are not likely to get the luxury of all of this time for inspecting and traveling and ... My SIL was looking to get a toy hauler last summer. Ever time he called on a used unit it was sold. Finally he found one and bought it (Momentum) on the first call. Because the guy indicated that several other people we calling him about it. It has several issues but was a decent deal. He sold his trailer to a friend of a friend without even advertising (for twice what I sold mine for in fall 2019). I would worry that a used unit that was sitting long enough for an potential buyer to either come out or arrange for an inspector had serious problems and that was the reason it was not selling. I am not saying you can't make it work, but just want to provide a word of caution given the current state of the RV market.
    Last edited by ggates; 12-16-2021 at 07:42 AM. Reason: add some detail
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago we did some buying and selling of used trailers. I found it amazing when talking with sellers over the phone that their opinion of "spotless" was much different than mine, after I actually saw the trailers. Nowdays, with the internet and the ability to post multiple pictures, I feel a buyer could get a much better idea of the overall condition.

I have always wondered what do the RV Inspectors charge? Unless a buyer had really good feelings about a particular trailer, inspection charges or airline tickets could really up the cost of the purchase.

By the way to the OP, I had an '05 KZ trailer and it was built great. Often wish I had it back. Their customer service was absolutely great back then.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12