User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I don't think any of the Reflections have tank heaters. Only the Soliudes and Momentums have the tank heaters. Your Reflection tanks are heated be running your furnace. There are heater ducts going to the basement to keep it warm.
    My 2020 240rl has tank heaters, switch on the main panel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the replies. We pick up the 260RD on April 3.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 pre-redesign 260RL does not have tank heaters.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably too late, but here's some food for thought. We looked at the 260RD and realized that you can't get at the bathroom while traveling (the pop-out blocks it). That was a deal killer for my wife.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Mine came with paperwork for them in addition to the switch on the panel. I'll take a pic later and post.
    If you don't have switch or paperwork, you probably don't have them...
    Here it is, right next to the blue switch.

Attachment 32624
    I have a 2021 260RD picked up in late September. My setup is the same as @Grandesigner. My hubby has a picture I can post of what the heat tape looks like that is attached to the tanks. He got a shot of the grey and black tanks when he dropped the underbelly to do some other work. Let me know if you want to see the picture. It is just a small heat pad stuck to the side of the tanks.: if

Our toggle switch is in the same place as @Grandesigner's control panel.

We are wondering if the tank heater for the fresh water tank is working because in a freezing temp storm (we were stuck in the Texas snow storm in February). We had turned on the tank heaters and the propane heat running in the unit (which provides heat also through the ducts to the storage area and from what GD says, also to the underbelly where the tanks are stored). The fresh water tank froze on us. When we got up in the morning we couldn't get any fresh water to run. When the outside temps warmed up, it thawed without issue.

Our refrigerator has mode for AC and for Propane. Note: if it doesn't cut over to propane automatically when unplugged, just power it off then back on and it will cut over to propane. We've only had that happen once.

I read somewhere a question about an on-demand hot water tank and I can confirm that is not the case on our unit. We have the 6 gallon hot water tank.

Also, Grey 1 is the bathroom and Grey 2 is the kitchen.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    It's probably too late, but here's some food for thought. We looked at the 260RD and realized that you can't get at the bathroom while traveling (the pop-out blocks it). That was a deal killer for my wife.
    That was a MAJOR issue for us. We need to get to the bathroom, bedroom and fridge when we are in transit anywhere.
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    We love our trailer, but we agree with you. It would be nice to have access to the bedroom and the bathroom with the slide in. Maybe next time we can get the 303RLS that the wife wanted, but was too heavy for our truck.

Bkoyle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkoyle View Post
    We love our trailer, but we agree with you. It would be nice to have access to the bedroom and the bathroom with the slide in. Maybe next time we can get the 303RLS that the wife wanted, but was too heavy for our truck.

Bkoyle
    We liked the 303 too but ended up going with the 295RL that weighed slightly less ( same floorplan as 303, but no bedroom closet slide that added weight). We almost went with the 240RL ( but wanted the couch for visitors).
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherman View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies. We pick up the 260RD on April 3.
    Congrats and welcome to the group.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We debated over the design of not getting to the bathroom and bedroom when the slide is closed, but wanted to stay under the true 30 foot limit in order to get into National Parks and a LOT of State Parks and other campgrounds that only have 30 ft and under sites available. And this design for an under-30-foot is fantastic! It has paid off MANY times already for us. We've been able to get into locations that if we were over 30 feet, we would have been out of luck. Campgrounds are busy these days, even planning ahead by many months!

But there are times on the road when we do want/need to get into the back area, and we do.

We've found that it is easy to open the slide partially and get through. It only takes about a foot or so of opening it to turn yourself sideways to into the opening to get to bathroom and bedroom. We don't need to open it all the way for a quick-entry moment. Even after a foot or so of opening it, my 5'11" 180 lb hubby can get thru without issue. We do this often at dump sites on our way out of the campgrounds (we don't do a lot of FHU). I start dumping the tanks, hubby goes inside, opens the slide partially, and when the black tank is empty, he preps it (with water and treatment). Then he closes the slide and we wrap up.

We've never had an issue with having space to open it a foot or so to get into the back area. Not ideal, but it works for us and our desire to stay under 30 feet.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast