User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 380FL Axle upgrade questions

So recently purchased a 2021 380FL. Although it has the 17.5" wheels and H rated tires it does not have the 8k axles. I am certainly concerned about being overloaded after looking at the CCC on the sticker. I am thinking about upgrading to 8k axles this winter while I am at my home base in FL. However, I would like to know roughly how much more CCC I would be getting. Can someone with the 8k axle upgrade tell me what their CCC is? I know it would not be exactly the same, but it would at least give me an idea. I will say that the 7k axles I do have are 3.5" and Dexter has 3" 7k axles and 3.5" 7k axles. SO there is that. LOL. I just don't want to spend the money if I am not going to get a clear increase in CCC. I am certain the answer isn't a straight forward 2000 #s . Thanks

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 8K axles would net you an 18,000 lb GVW from the manufacturer.

Doing it aftermarket will not gain you anything but piece of mind. It won't change the "official" numbers.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The 8K axles would net you an 18,000 lb GVW from the manufacturer.

Doing it aftermarket will not gain you anything but piece of mind. It won't change the "official" numbers.
    Thanks for the reply. I would strictly do it for piece of mind. I will get a certified weight asap, but until then I literally weighed everything I'm loading into it. I am sure I will be under, but it will be close. I can't believe they make these units with only 7k axles. My last 5th wheel (traded last week) had 7k axles and 2800#s of CCC. That makes sense. I didn't even look at the sticker. My fault completely. I just thought 2200-2700#s was probably the norm. I add washer/dryer to this rig, and then happen to notice the sticker says 1670#s of CCC. I was dumbfounded. I am actually thinking of taking the W/D out and saving the 240#s. The other reason I didn't really pay attention to the sticker was that I was originally looking at another brand. With that brand if you have H rated tires and 17.5 in wheels you have 8k axles. Well with GD that is not the case. Again, not their fault. It is all on me. I just want options for that will work for me. Getting ANOTHER rv this month is not an option. Spending $5k - $7k in 6 months is an option.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with us...382wb...added W/D too. Thing is not even half full with all its storage and we're at max weight! Need to do something...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put the comfort ride slipper spring and shocks on my Solitude 377. I put the 8000 lb springs but kept my 7000lb axles. We just got back from a trip on some pretty rough roads. Based on how things rode on the inside this upgrade made a big difference.