User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a sediment filter in the bay that is down to 5 micron and then at the faucet where we drink from (i.e. the kitchen faucet) there's a dual canister with a .5 micron absolute filter as well as a carbon filter, didn't see the need to filter all the water and then store it in a 60 gallon tank that you can't see inside to verify what's in there with my filtered water, that was the reason behind having the good one at sink with the charcoal and the one in the bay to keep the rocks and bugs out of the tank.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don`t see any point in mounting it anywhere I just sit it by the water spigot so don`t have to monitor for leaks and or care about a potential mess from changing filters, a short washer hose from the filters to the campground faucet then on to your water hose. Makes winterizing a little easier to, just take them home.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my previous TT I used a LG trash bag to surround the filter to catch any possible drips. In my new 5th wheel I decided to do a better job with that idea.

Three stage filter mounted in the pass through. This is what I bought for the bag.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wfb1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	34316

I cut top off of one of these bags just below the vacuum port. I then slipped it up behind the filter and secured it with some zip ties at the top.

Name:	wfb2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	34317

And lastly I took the excess bag and tucked it up behind the filter. Easy to see if you developed any leaks. Enough extra bag to contain a fair amount of water.

I needed to use a "jumbo" bag for my 3 filter system. I believe a "x-LG" bag would work with a 2 filter system.

Name:	wfb3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	34318

Here is my connection at the nautilus panel. The connection to campground water is just below the camper so if that leaks it drips on the ground. Hard to see in the picture but the connection to the plastic city water port is a brass 45° elbow with small cutoff valve. As an added benefit I don't have to keep connecting and unconnecting to the plastic city water port. Get to the campground, hook up blue water hose under the trailer, turn the water on and good to go.

Name:	wfb4.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	34319
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same 2 cartridge system mentioned throughout this thread. I mounted them like most, on the wall next to the water system. I used a piece of 1/2” plywood as a backer but I like the ideas presented here about either replacing part of the wall with 3/4” ply and the plexiglass ideas. I will be thinking about how to proceed with that improvement. I can address the leaking issue though...I had a pesky leak between the cylinders and finally solved it with a heavy duty “O” ring that is just big enough to go over the nipple between the cylinders. Then after screwing them together tightly - no more leak. Nothing wrong with the garbage bag solutions either. I purchased 90 degree droop connectors to ease the strain on the couplings and installed a stainless steel hose between the outlet of the filter and the water inlet. I leave those permanently in place. During hook up, its just attaching the city water hose to the inlet of the filter and I am set. I also placed my pressure regulator on the filter intake instead of at the hose outlet in the park...one less hookup to deal with during setup and takedown.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123