User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dually Truck Tires and Heavy Towing.....Tire Choices You Like Best..

So I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my 2016 F350 Dually 4x4 in then next couple of months and I'm looking for experienced answers for tire selection. I'll start off with saying that I've been looking at the Cooper AT3 tires and a lot of what I read about them are positive. So my question is....what have you guys used that you would buy again...or stay away from based on your experience with them.

I really like to have responses that relate specifically to my setup.....4x4 Dually and towing heavy. My trailer is a 20K GVWR Momentum, so towing a 10K trailer with an F250 will probably not really answer my question.....Thanks in advance and let me know.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always liked Michelin tires and since my last F-350 DRW came with them, that is what I would have replaced them with - OEM Michelins.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I've always liked Michelin tires and since my last F-350 DRW came with them, that is what I would have replaced them with - OEM Michelins.
    I looked at the Michelin LTX for the truck and read a lot of reviews....and they are all over the place. It seems if you are towing heavy like I am, they don't get great wear....and even more disturbing is I saw several folks talk about how sketchy they were in the wet and or a little slippery/muddy area. So they are somewhat on the back burner for my application.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put Goodyear Duratracs on my truck about a year before I sold it. Those tires handled loaded and unloaded use fairly well. I liked them a lot for when we would go on forest or BLM land. They arent cheap, about $250 each. I'd say my setup was very close to yours. It was a huge difference over the stock BF Goodrichs.

2016 F350 DRW, LB, CC, 4WD
    Momentum 399 usually loaded very heavy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I put Goodyear Duratracs on my truck about a year before I sold it. Those tires handled loaded and unloaded use fairly well. I liked them a lot for when we would go on forest or BLM land. They arent cheap, about $250 each. I'd say my setup was very close to yours. It was a huge difference over the stock BF Goodrichs.

2016 F350 DRW, LB, CC, 4WD
    Momentum 399 usually loaded very heavy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I had those on my last truck and really loved them. They met all my expectations except they're were a little on the noisy side on dry pavement at higher speeds. Great thread wear and traction.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Me too, I have always bought Michelins unless they were not available for the vehicle.

I fully intend to replace the Michelins on my F350 with a new set of Michelins when the time comes.

One of the reasons i chose my F350 was because it had Michelin tires on it from the factory. I really like the ride of our truck and I attribute 80% of it to the Michelin tires.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michelin Defenders. My BIL is a farmer/veterinarian in New Mexico in addition to being an RVers. He won't use anything except the Michelin Defender LTs - he says they're the only thing he can get decent miles out of. That's what I'm running on our truck, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaced mine last year. Went with the Michelin LTX A/T-2. Haven't put a lot of miles on them but so far they are doing fine.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with Bridgestone Duravis all terrain. They are commercial tires and have proven themselves to be darn tough, holding up well and perform well in all conditions. Will definitely replace them with another set when the time comes.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that responded, I appreciate the input. After even more research and reading reviews, I have decided to go with the Cooper Discoverer AT3-LT tires. There were just too many reviews about the Michelin tires that I didn't like and wasn't willing to take a chance on....especially spending that much money. In fact, the Cooper AT3-LTs were just a bit more money than the Michelins would have been.....so I didn't base my decision on $$ alone. Anyway, they will be in the Tire Discount store by the end of the day today, or first thing tomorrow, so the "Beast" will have new shoes by the end of the day Tuesday. Thanks again to all that responded.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast