Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade-in tips

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade-in tips

I'm about to go back to my dealer to try to work out a trade-in for my 2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE.
    My wife hates the Murphy bed, and I want a slide-out for more floor space.

I have several questions:
    1. What suggestions do you have for negotiating the best deal on a trade-in to another model?
    2. Any advice on the two models I'm looking at 22MLE or 22RBE, i.e., pros/cons.
    Vic & Mary Ann Sassone, McKinney, Texas
    Rig: 2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE (24'11")
    Truck: 2019 Toyota Tundra TSS Off-Road, 5.7L V8 w/Tow pkg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not see what your dealer will offer and at the same time see what you would get selling it yourself. You can check RVTrader or Craigslist, etc. One thing to note depending if your state allows it is if you trade it at the dealer you only pay taxes on the difference. The other thing is if you still owe on it, a dealer trade may be easier than selling yourself since they will pay it off.

As to the differences between the 22mle and 22rbe. Although both units have a permanent bed, are the same size overall, the big things I see is the 22rbe has a private bedroom, huge bathroom, but just one seating area in the living space. I guess you have to ask yourself what’s important.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing I noticed with the 22rbe is the slide out is on the entrance door side. Not a deal breaker but you lose some sitting area while outside under the awning.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sold us on the 22mle was the kitchen, having a dinnet and lounge and most of all, how huge and open it feels inside. The down side of having a closed bedroom is it makes you feel almost claustrophobic in the bedroom and also in the living space. I strongly recommend you try and visit each floor plan if possible. Our first check box was a fix bed. We came from a hybrid model.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dealer isn't going to give you more than the NADA book value in a trade. I'm speaking of the book that dealers have access to, updated monthly, not the online values. Most likely they would offer less than book value. It is kind of negotiating against yourself but ask to see the current book value of your trailer so you have a known starting point.
    In discussion I had one dealer show me the trade in value in the book. I used it to negotiate with another dealer after I had the discounted price. Honestly, in hindsight, I wish I had the patience to have sold the old trailer myself as I would have gotten a lot more.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-01-2021 at 04:28 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicsassone View Post
    I'm about to go back to my dealer to try to work out a trade-in for my 2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE.
    My wife hates the Murphy bed, and I want a slide-out for more floor space.

I have several questions:
    1. What suggestions do you have for negotiating the best deal on a trade-in to another model?
    2. Any advice on the two models I'm looking at 22MLE or 22RBE, i.e., pros/cons.
    Unfortunately it is not a buyers market. It is a sellers market so your “negotiating” abilities are non existent
    Your trailer now only has the remaining one year warranty for the next owner. All of the other warranties are void. Plus the dealer will need to profit off of it so it’s value has diminished
    I would sell privately to save thousands on trade loss

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally just traded in my 21BHE in April. Negotiate the price of the new one first. You actually have a very desirable trailer. The 21BHE will sell fast and your dealer knows it too. I wouldn’t take less than 17 for the 21BHE with at least 22% off of the new rv. It is a sellers market which means people are buying fast and your 21BHE should hold value. I’m not sure how it is in Texas but for me the trade in value also came off of my taxable amount on my new rig. So you want a higher number to offset some taxes if you can do that where you are. Good luck.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dealer 'might' give you a bit better deal than someone else just coming in with a trade as you just bought the trailer off them. They are still going to make more money off you but they 'might' shave the margins a bit to keep you a happy repeat customer. But I don't think there are any tips. You just gotta go in there saying we bought this off you, it's not working out like we thought, what can you do to help move us up into the 22MLE or whatever.
    Or...what wicked and NB said
    You won't know until you ask.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give yourself 2 weeks of putting it up for private sale via FB and RV Trader. You might be surprised. The only difficulty is that you'll need an understanding buyer if you have a note to settle, but that's not a big deal.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold my 11 year old Zinger in 4 days. I had it for 5.5 years and sold it for $1k less than I paid for it. Had I worked just a bit harder, I know I could have gotten more, but I already had the Reflection 31RLTS and needed the zinger gone. If you have time, try selling it yourself first, the market is really good right now and I think any GD is better than most other manufactures.
    TexSon
    San Antonio, Tx
    2021 Reflections 315RLTS
    2020 Silverado HD3500 Durmax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast