User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon to be full-time family - Momentum TH -395M

Good Wednesday to you all, looking forward to participating here. We are a soon to be full-time family, once our house sells, and will be purchasing a Momentum 395M. I've been researching, trying out, talking to full-timers for about 8 months now. I'm past the point of being excited, as someone once said, "I'm tired of the labor pains, ready to see the baby."

For reasons that are my own, we've decided to buy new rather than used, so the biggest challenge I'm facing now if finding a reputable dealer. I'm not buying from the local Camping World sleaze who called my dear bride "wifey" and I don't like their practices.

So, any mid-atlantic recommendations are appreciated.

Any love hate on the 395 I'd be happy to hear your thoughts, but mostly, just thanks for all the content, and discussions. We're looking forward to joining the family and being good stewards of RV life and the GD brand.

Cheers,

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the transition, sounds exciting for you. Is the RVA in your name because you are in Richmond? I've heard good things about General RV, never purchased from them so I cant say for sure. Not a fan of Camping World myself, lucky for you they dont sell and arent authorized to do warranty work on GD products.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealers are a dime a dozen. I've found one good one in my time and they aren't a grand design dealer. Most of them suck and regardless once the warranty is up you'll be in the same paying line as everyone else. Fortunately most of the things that go wrong are relatively simple fixes. We will find an independent shop over a dealer any day and if it's serious enough will go back to the factory.

We have been very happy with our 395. Added a dish washer, did some plumbing work because of a leak on our soft hose but otherwise nothing major. We love the floor plan, although at some point I'll get rid of the L shaped sofa for something else.

This has been one of the best RVs we've owned. If it was gone tomorrow we would likely buy another just like it.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    We have been very happy with our 395. This has been one of the best RVs we've owned. If it was gone tomorrow we would likely buy another just like it.
    Thats great to hear! I have to say I'm past ready to get started.

My plan has been to sell the house then use the cash for a down payment. One dealer warned me about lenders finding out and tripling interest if it's a full-time rig. I may have to get a bit creative.

thanks for the welcome !

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAtoRVlife View Post
    Thats great to hear! I have to say I'm past ready to get started.

My plan has been to sell the house then use the cash for a down payment. One dealer warned me about lenders finding out and tripling interest if it's a full-time rig. I may have to get a bit creative.

thanks for the welcome !
    Just get your rate in advance from Essex credit or bank of the west (i belie they use the same source) for full time loan. The interest doesn't change that much your dealer is full of crap. Make sure you get a Minimum of 25% off the grand design build sheet price. You can do a little better.

https://www.essexcredit.com/home/rv/rates/

https://www.bankofthewest.com/person.../rv-loans.html
    Last edited by Aridon; 12-19-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am, Richmond VA

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll this for some food for thought. We own the 394M, which is exactly like the 395M, minus the 1/2 bath that takes up part of the garage space. We neither wanted or needed the 1/2 bath in the rear and buy getting the 394, we get use of the full garage area.....which is something to think about if you really don't want or need the bath and could use the extra garage area. They don't make a "394" any long, but they give you the option when ordering to omit the half bath, which accomplishes the same exact thing. One other suggestion is that unless you absolutely, positively have to have the King bed, get the Queen. The King size bed makes it almost impossible to get into the bed from the curb side. Ours came with the King and I spend the day cutting it down and making it back into a Queen size bed, and we are both much happier with it in that configuration. Again, just some food for thought before you order.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the king vs queen. The bedroom is too small for a king and the space on our platform is so narrow even a California width is crammed in there. The extra length on a California isn't advantageous either. The room is very tight and one of the downsides to the floor plan, which we love.
    2019 Momentum 395

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I agree on the king vs queen. The bedroom is too small for a king and the space on our platform is so narrow even a California width is crammed in there. The extra length on a California isn't advantageous either. The room is very tight and one of the downsides to the floor plan, which we love.
    Thanks guys. Actually we are going to remove any bed from the master. Current plan is to build a custom L shape mini bunk for my daughters.

Wife and I will have the garage, as that will double as my office and we get the back deck for coffee!

This “build” has been in the works for awhile and gone through a few revisions.

Showing the house today for the first time. Not likely to strike gold on the first attempt, but here is to hope! ��

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAtoRVlife View Post
    Thanks guys. Actually we are going to remove any bed from the master. Current plan is to build a custom L shape mini bunk for my daughters.

Wife and I will have the garage, as that will double as my office and we get the back deck for coffee!

This “build” has been in the works for awhile and gone through a few revisions.

Showing the house today for the first time. Not likely to strike gold on the first attempt, but here is to hope! ��

Very cool. We had toyed with the idea of putting the master in the back and letting our daughter have the front bedroom with some bunks up there. I may have to consider it even more now...

Please post some pics if you do go that route. I would love to see it.
    2019 Momentum 395

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast