User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    From what I have seen from my dealer and GD; the dealer says he contacted GD, but really didn't.
    Always start by contacting your dealer and then back it up with a email to GD. Get as much as you can in writing from both parties.

We got the run around on our 2016's 380TH refrigerator from the dealer and Norcold. GD stepped in and got us a complete new frig.

Good luck. KEN

We bought from Windish RV in Denver, CO and they worked on our behalf and even kicked in $1000 to help offset hotel bills during the third fridge repair and fought for a replacement to no avail leading us to hiring an attorney which finally got Norcold to do the right thing it by then we were in Charlotte, NC. The replacement was done by Stratford RV Service who did an outstanding job. We had no help with that hotel bill for three days but were worn out and ready to move on. At any rate, like I said, when everything is working as it should we're very happy with the Solitude and it's roominess and some nice features. Like someone else said, we cut the bed frame down to Queen size and got an Avocado mattress which we now love. With a king there just isn't enough room on the sides.
    Jim & Deb
    Littleton, CO
    2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Long Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2019 Solitude 380FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    From what I have seen from my dealer and GD; the dealer says he contacted GD, but really didn't.
    Always start by contacting your dealer and then back it up with a email to GD. Get as much as you can in writing from both parties.

We got the run around on our 2016's 380TH refrigerator from the dealer and Norcold. GD stepped in and got us a complete new frig.

Good luck. KEN
    Very true. Never trust the dealer. We worked with General RV in Draper, UT on a major repair to a leak under the bedroom slideout. Fortunately, another owner had the same leak before we did, and we knew the cause.

Since we are full-timers, we contacted the dealer and GD and scheduled the time in advance. I provided the service writer at General RV with the name, phone number, and e-mail of a contact at Grand Design that knew what was going on. They said they would coordinate with GD.

Well, on the day we were scheduled to bring it in, General RV wasn't ready. They claimed that Grand Design hadn't authorized it yet, and the parts weren't ordered yet. I knew that was a lie, and got Grand Design on my cell phone. I also got the dealership GM involved. He wasn't really happy with the service writer that was working it, but I could tell it was standard practice there.

It turned out that GD was ready, but she hadn't even contacted them herself (which she told me she did on the day we scheduled it). GD shipped the parts overnight, and the General RV service department manager was able to get us in and the work completed in about three days versus the one or two that were originally planned.

We have not been back to that dealer since. It's standard practice, which is why I have tried to do everything myself as long as GD could send me the parts. I have replaced stereo units, plumbing, interior doors, and even replaced the street-side cargo door with parts GD shipped directly to me. I don't have a forklift to pull a slideout, so we had to use the dealer for that.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVA, congrats are in order. My wife and I have lived in a 395M for two years. Love it. For your reasons to buy new, go one step further and order one custom to your needs. You can use the build quote and go to each dealer in your area selling GD and get your best price. I’ve met people ordering loaded Momentum’s for less than 90k. We bought ours for 72 off the lot but wish we had dual pane windows. Minor problems with ours which I can elaborate on if you wish. We call the garage the guest suite but would rather call it the master; you have the right idea with kids. Garage gets cold in winter so bundle up.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadlife View Post
    RVA, congrats are in order. My wife and I have lived in a 395M for two years. Love it. For your reasons to buy new, go one step further and order one custom to your needs. You can use the build quote and go to each dealer in your area selling GD and get your best price. I’ve met people ordering loaded Momentum’s for less than 90k. We bought ours for 72 off the lot but wish we had dual pane windows. Minor problems with ours which I can elaborate on if you wish. We call the garage the guest suite but would rather call it the master; you have the right idea with kids. Garage gets cold in winter so bundle up.
    Thanks everyone! Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are really close to putting down a deposit, and may as early as Friday.

We chose to close on the house at the end of January, with a 10-12 week delivery for our build being quoted, we are grateful that my wife’s parents have the room for us to come stay a few months.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAtoRVlife View Post
    Thanks everyone! Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are really close to putting down a deposit, and may as early as Friday.

We chose to close on the house at the end of January, with a 10-12 week delivery for our build being quoted, we are grateful that my wife’s parents have the room for us to come stay a few months.
    Is your build being delivered with disc brakes?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadlife View Post

Is your build being delivered with disc brakes?
    that's not an option on the website...can you get that done at the factory?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a thread on here that discussed upgrading to disc brakes and independent suspension. I recall a mention somewhere that the disc brakes will be offered from the factory in January 2020. IMO that is an upgrade worth calling GD about

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told by a person high up at Grand Design that disc brakes are an option right now. But it's very new and not "official". The order I placed three weeks ago has a note for disc brakes. I was quoted pricing for a double axle ranging from $2,000 (Grand Design rep) to $3,000 (dealer). I got the impression that Grand Design will start building units with disc brakes in January or February.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I was told by a person high up at Grand Design that disc brakes are an option right now. But it's very new and not "official". The order I placed three weeks ago has a note for disc brakes. I was quoted pricing for a double axle ranging from $2,000 (Grand Design rep) to $3,000 (dealer). I got the impression that Grand Design will start building units with disc brakes in January or February.
    As option? Should be standard. I want to see a GD with Disc brakes from the factory.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    As option? Should be standard. I want to see a GD with Disc brakes from the factory.
    It will be an option.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast