User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stick with ACOE parks. The NP Pass gets a site for $13 a night and they book up to 6months ahead. We used to do long trips and they were fun, but what it costs for gas for one trip will cover all summer of local camping, plus DW pulls the boat and we can have guests come out for skiing, kneeboarding, and burgers.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    We stick with ACOE parks. The NP Pass gets a site for $13 a night and they book up to 6months ahead. We used to do long trips and they were fun, but what it costs for gas for one trip will cover all summer of local camping, plus DW pulls the boat and we can have guests come out for skiing, kneeboarding, and burgers.
    I think I'm going to start thinking that way too. Nothing more than a half day's ride out with 3 - 4 night stay over.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what does the 2/2/2 travel method mean?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    So what does the 2/2/2 travel method mean?
    drive no more than 200 miles, get into your camp before 2PM and stay 2 days.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of thoughts after reading some of the recent threads....

First, we have reservations for all but may one or two days from now until Aug 28th. Any burp in any one place will likely necessitate trying to extend in one place and dropingp another. We're hoping for no 'burps'.

I find that as much as I dislike having to make reservations, I feel better having a reservation.

Some places were easy to get reservations for, a lot required a less than desirable spot in a campground, and more than I cared for required selecting a different campground in the area where I wanted to say. Still, I think I'll be OK.

The 2/2/2 doesn't work for us. Most of our trip is anything from 1 to 4 hrs between sites, and 3 to 5 (and even 7) days once we get to our destination area(s). When we leave FL it is drive-drive-drive until we get to our destination area; same goes for going back to FL when we are done. Those days it can be up to 400 miles or a bit more unless there is something that attracts our attention along the way.

It's kind of funny - those short travel days are the worst - you have to leave one place by their departure time and not get to the next before their arrival time. And more-and-more places seem to be getting real picky about not leaving late and not arriving early - I just don't get why an hour or 2 either way makes a difference!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    drive no more than 200 miles, get into your camp before 2PM and stay 2 days.
    That’s what we did last season. This year we are doing a hybrid version of that considering our month long trip through Utah, Arizona, California, Nevada, and Oregon. Two night stays seem to short though and we prefer three nighters if reservations are possible
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not associated and we haven't used it yet, but we're looking at HarvestHosts.com for more flexibility. Camp dry a few days, then hit a full service campground. We do have a friend that uses Harvest Hosts a LOT. It's just a membership site that let's you park at associated wineries, farmers, whoever wants to let people park on their land. You are "encouraged" to spend $20.00 at the host, but it's not mandatory.

If you do pursue this, read up on the reviews; one of the review sites has a 10-20% off code.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly off topic, but it's a new age for everything...

We're currently mooch docking and pulled out last Saturday to dump and go back to where we are. We tried calling ahead, but got transferred to the main Encore number and nobody answered there either. So we just pulled into a large campground to find that the office and store is closed on Saturdays. I'm totally confused. Isn't that the day you need more marshmallows or something?

Everything is weird now and I'm not really liking the new world.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    Slightly off topic, but it's a new age for everything...

We're currently mooch docking and pulled out last Saturday to dump and go back to where we are. We tried calling ahead, but got transferred to the main Encore number and nobody answered there either. So we just pulled into a large campground to find that the office and store is closed on Saturdays. I'm totally confused. Isn't that the day you need more marshmallows or something?

Everything is weird now and I'm not really liking the new world.
    Maybe not, perhaps they were observing Sabbath?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Maybe not, perhaps they were observing Sabbath?
    You have a good point. To clarify, it was not Easter weekend, but still, you have a good point about other Sabbaths.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast