User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading all about the Westlake issues, I switched all five of my tires on the 2600RB to Maxxis. Had less than 1500 miles on the Westlakes. Seemed too risky to start the season with them this year.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Westlake's on our 2020 Imagine 2670MK were not balanced from the factory either. I found out after a flat (screw in the tread) within the first 500 miles. I went to Discount Tire and had them all balanced and have been checking the air and tread wear at every stop. I totally agree about the Goodyear and TMS being either an upgrade or standard equipment from GD. And what's with a bumper too small to store the sewer hoses, that's just flat out cheap!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased 4 Goodyear endurance tires for my trailer. They replaced 2 year old Westlake E rated tires. I brought my trailer to a Goodyear dealer after first scoping out the lot around the building. They changed all 4 tires, balanced them and inspected and repacked the bearings. Very happy with the new tires!
    Last edited by Rhertzy; 04-07-2021 at 07:18 PM.
    Rick & Joey
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2018 Ford F-150 3.5 Twin Turbo Eco Boost
    ProPride 3P WDH 1400 pound spring bars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    By the way, the Westlakes that came on the trailer do not come balanced. I had the Goodyear tires balanced. Do trailer tires need to be balanced?
    Tires should be balanced.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After two blow outs I replaced my Westlakes with Goodyear endurance. Knowing they were an issue I babied those westlakes. Kept them covered, inflated, drove less than 60mph, parked on concrete. After changing a tire on I-10 with the family in the truck on Friday... I took the tires two at a time to Goodyear for new tires.

Looks like cousin Eddie with the TT up on jacks...

Call them what you will but my PITA China-bombs are now where they should be...trashed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also recently switched to GY Endurance and they took some weights to balance them. Some more than others. I don't think it was the tires themselves or the rims that were out of balance. I think they put left air in the right side and right air in the left side and it threw them off.
    Westlakes had 2700+ miles on them but my personal risk analysis told me to get better tires and get them balanced.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheel balance

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    Why can’t the wheel just be unbalanced and not the tire? how do you know that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I cant Imagine (2500RL...LOL) an aluminum wheel needing that much weight to balance just the wheel. They are cast and then machined on a lathe. Although a steel wheel probably could be that far out of balance. I argued successfully about a severe vibration at 55 MPH in my steering wheel being a bad tire. Took several attempts at checking balance. I watched the tire spin on the computer balancer and it was about 1/2 inch out-of-round. It was balanced perfectly but was egg shaped. The tire shop reluctantly replaced it. I would question the tire being out-of-round and not accept it if that were the case.
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve never had trailer tires come balanced. I always balance them, anything to reduce bounce
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got rid of the bombs. We had two blow outs with fender damage before we put them out of their misery. Good idea to balance new tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also recently replaced our westlakes with the Goodyear tires. Huge difference in quality right off the bat. I can’t believe how thin the sidewalls are on the westlakes. Never had an issue with them but didn’t want to take any chances. I can re-purpose the westlakes on one of my utility trailers (same size) if I need to. In the event that a westlake tire comes apart on that trailer, it’s not really going to hurt anything. I also invested in a TPMS for the Imagine. Next upgrade, suspension..........
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345