User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kengqiuist View Post
    I really like this setup. Why did you use the Y connection with the shutoff valves at the water inlet though? I didn't see an explanation in any comments and can't figure it out.
    Lol! It's just the holding place for it. I connect it to the faucet so I have an easy way to release pressure in the line. I've left 4 of them at various RV Parks, with my quick connect attached to it for the hose side. Part of my check list is to make sure it's attached to the inlet of the filters.
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 07-11-2022 at 09:38 AM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Lol! It's just the holding place for it. I connect it to the faucet so I have an easy way to release pressure in the line. I've left 4 if then at various RV Parks, with my quick connect attached to it for the hose side. Part of my check list is to make sure it's attached to the inlet of the filters.
    Aaaaahhhhhh....makes sense now. I like it!
    2017 Ford F350 SRW King Ranch 8' bed
    2022 Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R
    Factory installed 300 watts solar; 2 x 100ah BB batteries; GenY hitch with gooseneck coupler

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kengqiuist View Post
    I really like this setup. Why did you use the Y connection with the shutoff valves at the water inlet though? I didn't see an explanation in any comments and can't figure it out.
    Some folks put a "Y" fitting at the campground faucet then run another hose if they want to fill a wash bucket or just wash off stuff - maybe wash the rig? I figured if I move the "y" closer to the RV, I wouldn't need another long hose for rising off miscellaneous items. It is a source of unregulated, unfiltered water and also serves as a pressure relief of the hose(s) when disconnecting.

Yes, I could use the rig's supplied coiled quick connect hose, but that's a really short hose, regulated pressure, smaller ID (so it's takes longer to fill a bucket - like when you want to sanitize the water system) and I have to run all that water through the filters & Nautilus system. My thinking (which isn't always correct) was that this simply gives me "convienent options". Certainly it's easy enough to remove from the setup which I would do if there is a chance of freezing temps. Then I would eliminate the "y", use a heated hose from the campground faucet and move the regulator into the area by the Nautilus.

It sounded good to me when I was talking to myself about the original design.

Bill
    Bill
    2021 C-2500HD Duramax; B&W Champion; Reese Airborne Sidewinder
    2022 341RDS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3 stage filter assembly that you have used does seem to be of a good quality. Where did you purchase this 3 stage at ???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234