User Tag List

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grateful for fellow forum members technical savvy and willingness to help

I just wanted to thank all the forum members here who take the time to help those of us who are less "mechanically inclined". Every time I see a post of somebody doing a mod to their GDRV, my first reaction is gratitude for them taking the time to document and share what they did. My next reaction is amazement at how knowledgable and skilled they are. These emotions are quickly followed by my feelings of inadequacy

I don't like paying others to do something I can do myself but compared to many of you on this forum, my skills are extremely limited. I make up for my severe lack of skills by being very thorough in researching what I need to do before I attempt doing it myself.

Several forum members have helped me over the years but today I want to give special thanks to Rob (@Cate&Rob) for his most recent help with my project to re-do the wiring on my batteries and add a second battery switch and Victron battery monitor. Rob is the calm voice of reason here on the forum when folks bring up our "top 5" threads. His knowledge in so many areas is impressive and he gives great advice to those of us who really need it.

So, to Rob and all the other folks here who so unselfishly share their expertise- Thank You!!!
    Last edited by bertschb; 05-14-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I just wanted to thank all the forum members here who take the time to help those of us who are less "mechanically inclined". Every time I see a post of somebody doing a mod to their GDRV, my first reaction is gratitude for them taking the time to document and share what they did. My next reaction is amazement at how knowledgable and skilled they are. These emotions are quickly followed by my feelings of inadequacy

I don't like paying others to do something I can do myself but compared to many of you on this forum, my skills are extremely limited. I make up for my severe lack of skills by being very thorough in researching what I need to do before I attempt doing it myself.

Several forum members have helped me over the years but today I want to give special thanks to Rob (@Cate&Rob) for his most recent help with my project to re-do the wiring on my batteries and add a second battery switch and Victron battery monitor. Rob is the calm voice of reason here on the forum when folks bring up our "top 5" threads. His knowledge in so many areas is impressive and he gives great advice to those of us who really need it.

So, to Rob and all the other folks here who so unselfishly share their expertise- Thank You!!!
    Very well said
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Rob is the calm voice of reason "

Say what??? Original Rob - That man has cost me more money And if I had listen to him the first time...well usually takes me 3 times to get it right anyway.

Yep I'll agree. But lets not forget the quiet voice behind the great man - Cate ! If Rob can understand and forgive this old guy he is OK in my book. But I do hate the fact he knows more than I do Thais why I actually listen to him now, even if it does cost me and arm and a leg sometimes, or worse yet add items to the To-Do list (accumulator tank in water system). Thanks Rob for all your help

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of us have varying skill sets. I'm a Journeyman Electrician, but pretty weak on plumbing/carpentry/auto mechanics/etc. These forums have such a variety of folks with many different skill sets and between all of us here, it is like a virtual college of experience. Very rarely do you find someone that has multiple skill sets, although there are some, just not me. I too am thankful for being a part of this forum and others where you can reach out and get great info from folks that know and have experience in all the different skills that it takes to maintain and or repair these moving houses that we all love.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - -

Funny how the internet works sometimes.

@bertschb started this thread with his post almost a full year ago! A year later he is now himself one of the really helpful people here, having gained the knowledge and experience of others, learned things himself along the way, and now passes it along... that's what it's all about.

@Cate&Rob is no longer here much, but I've tagged him at the beginning of this sentence to get his attention when he does come back so he sees the new gratitude here. I owe him large debts myself - some of them for lengthy and helpful personal emails - and he has left mountains of valuable posts here.

I guess this year-old thread is coming back to life because the sentiment Brian wrote about a year ago is strong. Without the support and information gleaned from people here, a lot of us owning one of these trailers would likely enjoy them a whole lot less.

Thanks to all who pitch in!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @boyscout Hi Mark, thanks for the tag. And thanks to the others on this thread for their kind words.

When I found this forum (many years ago) it was a very technically focused place and I fit right in. I have always been rather "hands on" and have gained a lot of “fix it” knowledge from a lifetime with old cars, old boats and renovating houses, plus a professional career in automotive chassis & powertrain design. I didn't know much about RVs at the start, but the help that I got from other members of this forum showed me where my prior knowledge could be applied to RVs. Eventually, nearly 9000 posts later (yikes!), I found myself in a moderator role on this forum. Wow! How did that happen??

When the ownership of this forum changed hands and the scope of discussion was purposely expanded by the new owners to well beyond its technical beginnings, I found myself less than comfortable with moderating the non-technical debates and I missed the factory support that went away when ownership of this forum changed hands. As many here will know, I moved to a moderator role on a forum much closer in scope to the technical roots of this one and again with factory support for the questions that only they can answer.

I only find my way back here when tagged in a discussion or asked a specific question. I don’t mind this at all . . . so, if you don’t want to come find me at my new home, tag me here and (for as long as I still get the email notifications) I will be pleased to respond.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS