User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Rob from Rob & Cate and His Genuine and Very Much Appreciated Helpfulness !

I have been giving this some thought for some time (a couple years) but seeing a recent post fixing a water leak triggered the thankfulness part of my soul to share this. I suspect many of you have given the same thoughts to what I am going to share.

Rob from Cate&Rob has demonstrated his incredible depth of knowledge; willingness to share his narrative/pictures/documents detailed to the “nth” degree; and done so in an extremely helpful and friendly way. I am simply amazed over and over and over again at how well versed he is at a variety of how things work and using his engineering education/background and intellect to not just solve issues but improve and enhance things. Yes, I understand that is his education and background but it is much more than that…….this is about a quality guy and our sincere appreciation for his very valued contributions to this forum and helping all of us every day.

This in no way diminishes all the other wonderful contributors we have on this forum and you all know who you are (a very sincere thank you, to you all too !) but I think we all recognize the blessings we all receive on a daily basis to have Rob share his expertise and very genuine willingness to help.

Thank you, so much, Rob !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    I have been giving this some thought for some time (a couple years) but seeing a recent post fixing a water leak triggered the thankfulness part of my soul to share this. I suspect many of you have given the same thoughts to what I am going to share.

Rob from Cate&Rob has demonstrated his incredible depth of knowledge; willingness to share his narrative/pictures/documents detailed to the “nth” degree; and done so in an extremely helpful and friendly way. I am simply amazed over and over and over again at how well versed he is at a variety of how things work and using his engineering education/background and intellect to not just solve issues but improve and enhance things. Yes, I understand that is his education and background but it is much more than that…….this is about a quality guy and our sincere appreciation for his very valued contributions to this forum and helping all of us every day.

This in no way diminishes all the other wonderful contributors we have on this forum and you all know who you are (a very sincere thank you, to you all too !) but I think we all recognize the blessings we all receive on a daily basis to have Rob share his expertise and very genuine willingness to help.

Dan
    Seconded

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. He's a stand out on the forum and a stand up guy. I've learned a lot from him and appreciate his feedback and dedication to this community............and he's CANADIAN !!!, so bonus points for that.....but be tows with an F-150.....sooooooooo......said bonus points are negated j/k

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbj View Post
    Absolutely. He's a stand out on the forum and a stand up guy. I've learned a lot from him and appreciate his feedback and dedication to this community............and he's CANADIAN !!!, so bonus points for that.....but be tows with an F-150.....sooooooooo......said bonus points are negated j/k
    Now that's funny stuff, eh ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well said Dan,

While of late I’ve not spent much time here when I do I find myself looking for Rob’s posts.

Thanks Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post

Dan
    Totally agree! Could not have said it better myself! I have been reading Rob's posts and getting help that he did not know he was giving for close to 4 years now. It was an extreme pleassure to meet in in person a couple of years ago at the Indiania rally. Thank you Rob for all that you do!

Thanks,
    George
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate all the kind words. Thanks guys! (and particularly . . . thanks to Dan who I have never met, but feel like I know)

As some of you know, our Reflection 303 is our first RV ever! After 25 years with an RV size boat that was old when we got her and that I have completely rebuilt . . . Cate said she would only consider an RV if it was brand new . . . so that I wouldn’t be taking it apart all the time like the boat. We can all see how that worked out .

My career as an automotive design engineer and all my hobbies have always been about fixing things. I am intrigued by why things fail and can’t just “fix” something without trying to make it better so it won’t fail again. It turns out that most of what I have learned over the years on the boat is directly applicable to the RV. I’ve never been a teacher (Cate is a teacher) but I think I would have liked that career.

After buying the Reflection, I found this forum and the Facebook group. I don’t belong to any other forums. I tried posting some of my ideas on Facebook and got slammed basically for “thinking outside the box”. Done with Facebook. But, I was learning a lot from others on this forum . . . so, I began posting some of my own ideas. The responses were (usually) positive, so here I am . . . 5885 posts later! I still learn something new every day from others on this forum. This is an amazingly diverse and incredibly knowledgeable group.

I wish there was a way to have a “forum” rally . . . I have met some of you in person . . . but can you imagine if we all got together in one place at the same time !!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with Bourbon???
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedzz9 View Post
    with Bourbon???
    Bourbon is good . . . but, Canadian Rye Whisky is soooo much smoother. We should get together to compare these further . I think this will need a lot of research.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedzz9 View Post
    with Bourbon???
    Tedzz9 - wild guess but there must be an appreciation for bourbon.....seems I have seen just one or two posts (maybe three or four ?) sharing the enjoyment of the beverage I suspect !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast