User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steph n Lise
    OMG, that has to be about the funniest response ever! Thank you for adding some humor to this thread. I am always amazed at the lengths that people who Camp, will go to help out or make you feel welcome!! In the case of sending your wife, I am not sure if that is meant to help me or you, either way I am sure grateful for your offer.

Annie n Leo
    UpState NY

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve n Tami,
    You have provided us with a plethora of ideas to stop the slip! I think the ladder would be a great addition, since my husband likes to keep the Trailer polished with wax. That single addition would allow him to do on site maintenance to keep it looking good. With the addition of some empty bins and a milk crate for a 20lb propane tank for our camp chef grill and an ez up (previously placed in truck bed) I do believe that may solve our dilemma. We hope your enjoying Galveston and the winter weather there. Thanks again for your insight!

Annie n Leo

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    Hello All,
    Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep cargo placed in the aforementioned area from shifting around! I thought perhaps spring tension rods would work and allow for compartmentalization. I am not interested in Moryde slide out tray as it wastes a lot of space. Has anyone used a rubberized floor covering? Thanks in advance to all that respond.

Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD CC,SHORTBED,SRW 4x4 DURAMAX
    UpState NY
    I have the same problem but here is my solution. Purchase D-rings at Lowes or Home Depot and screw them to the floor in strategic locations and then use bungee or ratchet straps to hold your tubs in position. I had the Moryde slide out tray in my Alpenlite, I like it but it did take up a fair amount of vertical space.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totes, plus we laid down astroturf in the pass through so the totes don’t slide. We are pretty full also
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use carpet that has a rubber backing. Cheap carpet. The carpet has low friction so stuff will slide off easy when I want it but does hold it in place while traveling.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,
    Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep cargo placed in the aforementioned area from shifting around! I thought perhaps spring tension rods would work and allow for compartmentalization. I am not interested in Moryde slide out tray as it wastes a lot of space. Has anyone used a rubberized floor covering? Thanks in advance to all that respond.

Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD CC,SHORTBED,SRW 4x4 DURAMAX
    UpState NY
    I bought a Shock Athletic Giant Workout Mat from Big 5, about $25. Size is about perfect, minimal trimming, has a diamond tread pattern on it. Works great, no movement.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys! As you already know we have the 3350RL, and we don't have storage filled. I use a generic rectangular long bed pickup truck bed mat. Everything stays put. You can sometimes find them at Tractor Supply. Amazon has them Dee Zee DZ85005.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve n Tami,
    You have provided us with a plethora of ideas to stop the slip! I think the ladder would be a great addition, since my husband likes to keep the Trailer polished with wax. That single addition would allow him to do on site maintenance to keep it looking good. With the addition of some empty bins and a milk crate for a 20lb propane tank for our camp chef grill and an ez up (previously placed in truck bed) I do believe that may solve our dilemma. We hope your enjoying Galveston and the winter weather there. Thanks again for your insight!

Annie n Leo
    Careful keeping gas in an unvented area. Just saying
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Hello guys! As you already know we have the 3350RL, and we don't have storage filled. I use a generic rectangular long bed pickup truck bed mat. Everything stays put. You can sometimes find them at Tractor Supply. Amazon has them Dee Zee DZ85005.
    Good idea. Stall mats sold there would work also
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baggage bay packing

Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I use carpet that has a rubber backing. Cheap carpet. The carpet has low friction so stuff will slide off easy when I want it but does hold it in place while traveling.
    We also use a piece of stiff burlap backed berber type carpet. The baggage bay is not always full but the totes stay put. I also cut pieces to line the shelves below the tv. It serves as the pantry in our 2500RL. Bought bins and pack items in them. Everything stays put in there also and we go (slowly) over some pretty rough roads, when we boondock, we booooondock...
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast