User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Totally agree. If you want resell value to go up buy LAND. Just say'n........
    Exactly! Then use that money to buy depreciating assets :-) and enjoy!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBallScrewBall View Post
    There is a lot of peace of mind in a new unit. And not all of them depreciate like that, but any unit is going to depreciate. We are picking up a new 2021 265BH this weekend, for what I think is a good price right now. We are selling our 2016 Jayco which we bought new in 2016 for $18,200. We are selling it for $13.200 so it's a 27% loss in depreciation, which I think is pretty good. The way I look at it, is we paid $1000 a year to live and camp in a brand new camper that we were 100% sure was not abused or neglected. We had a couple of used units before this and you never know how they were taken care of or what is being hidden.

They all have issues. There is no brand or product line that is consistently perfect. The first year in a new unit should always be considered the shakedown year, where you find all the loose screws, things that weren't installed right, and that's what the warranty is for if it's something expensive or if it's not something you're comfortable with fixing yourself.

50% depreciation does sound like a hell of a lot, but dealers always go low on the trade, as part of their business is to flip it for a profit. Have you tried to sell it privately? Have you checked Nada/Kbb for values?

Definitely understand your frustration.
    Enjoy your new trailer! I’m sure it will serve you well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, "YOU THE MAN" excellent advice for those that will hear it!

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Totally agree. If you want resell value to go up buy LAND. Just say'n........

Land doesn't always go up. Back in the early 80's I bought a 3200sq ft house on 45 acres which backed up to Chugach State Park outside of Anchorage. I paid 33 cents on the dollar as the owner walked away from the mortgage when the real estate market did a nuclear crater. Depends on what is going on when you buy. I have to admit I sold at a very, very, very nice profit about 12 years later. But it took 12 years to make that profit. Right now the real estate/land market where we have a sticks and bricks has been dead flat for the last 6 years.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well my 13 Tundra on trade brought in exactly what I paid for it and I still got a 11% discount in my 18 Tundra.
    I did get a decent discount in 13 also when I bought it.
    Seems like statistics I have seen rate Tacoma and Tundra as higher residual than the 150.
    Tim in NC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a new 2021 395 last May. We waited 4 months for it. Took it on one trip and decided this is not the floor plan for us. Listed in RV trader and we got almost what we paid for it. We also listed on the GD forum. We knew we would take at least a small loss but it was worth it to order the 2021 397R. In our experience GD holds their value a little better than others but we prefer new to used. This gives us a chance to work out any kinks ourselves instead of trying to figure out what someone else did. We have had nothing but positive with GD. Best customer service we have ever had and I have heard some horror stories from fellow R’ver’s.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No disrespect meant by this, but you can really tell difference in "seasoning" of members in this post. My age and miles is such that big dollar expenses are only worthwhile in the long game, and when not you need to know your product and its worth in the marketplaces versus equity and money owed. When you do understand this, it also teaches you know how to make every big dollar purchase to your maximum benefit because you also have become an informed purchaser not buying by impulse but buying from a position of strength.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    Where did you have yours listed? I wanna sell my solitude I bought new in 2017.
    I put mine on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace before I shutdown my Facebook page. I don’t remember where the purchaser saw it. My phone started blowing up immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Left The Driveway The Campoholics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, depreciation sucks. We are on rig #3 , 2nd Grand Design and both times that we traded we did very well. We traded our first rig a Forrest River Salem (that we purchased at the Hershey Show) for about $2,000 less than we paid for it on our Reflection, then when we traded the Reflection for the Momentum ( that we also purchased at the Hershey Show) we actually got more for what we paid for it. So it all depends on how much you paid and how much your dealer is willing to negotiate. Right now, will the demand the dealerships so high they are definitely are not budging on their prices.
    I do think GD makes a great product and anyone getting your rig will be getting a good quality product.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree re: truck depreciation.

Dealer gave me 55k on my 2017 F250 Lariat just last weekend.

Diesels hold their value.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast