Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I wonder what you hit

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    It was on the rear axel so, whatever it was, it missed the tire on the front axel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harryc View Post
    It was on the rear axel so, whatever it was, it missed the tire on the front axel.
    This is more often the case as the front tire(s) will "pick up" whatever may have been on the road and now with some velocity created by this, the "flying" object damages the rearward tire with cuts that may be fatal or may evolve over time to do so in the future.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or got thrown by the front tire

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLWSCC View Post
    I have 3 year old China bombs on my rig (2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK) any thoughts on replacing with Goodyear Endurance 10 ply tires (or other recommendations) would be appreciated...thanks
    I am currently running a Westlake 225/75r 15 and fully intend to run them out, had them off the ground last week and can’t find a blemish. After 40 + years in the Class 8 truck industry, I am having trouble with getting my head around why so many ST tires are designed with lug type tread such as the Goodyear Endurance. In my mind there is suppose to be a rib type tread back there.
    I have been able to find three which would meet what I believe should be on the ground and like GLWSCC looking for comments, please hold the “China Bomb” comments.
    Carlisle CSL 16, Discount Tire exclusive Hartland ST, these look more like a trailer tire to me and the Carlisle Radial Trail HD. Carlisle has been producing trailer tires in Tennessee for years now and at last press release they where expanding production of ST type tires.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took our first trip with our new 2610ML. First tire blew after less than 1000 miles. Not sure I want to keep them. Didn't think I needed a TPMS but going to get one.
    Last October, I had two of the WL load range E's come apart on me on the same afternoon...all inflated to 80psi cold before we departed and driving between 65-70. Not overloaded. The first one completely came apart and all that remained was a 30" piece of tread. Still in town, I had a new tire mounted on the rim so I'd have a spare. The second one was 90 miles down the road and it never even deflated...the tread completely separated off of the tire...Date code 4218 on a 2019 trailer...less than 4K miles on them. $2800 in damage. They earned their nickname, IMO. Good move on changing them out, IMO.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilletface View Post
    I am currently running a Westlake 225/75r 15 and fully intend to run them out, had them off the ground last week and can’t find a blemish. After 40 + years in the Class 8 truck industry, I am having trouble with getting my head around why so many ST tires are designed with lug type tread such as the Goodyear Endurance. In my mind there is suppose to be a rib type tread back there.
    I have been able to find three which would meet what I believe should be on the ground and like GLWSCC looking for comments, please hold the “China Bomb” comments.
    Carlisle CSL 16, Discount Tire exclusive Hartland ST, these look more like a trailer tire to me and the Carlisle Radial Trail HD. Carlisle has been producing trailer tires in Tennessee for years now and at last press release they where expanding production of ST type tires.
    In my research on different RV forums over the years; Maxxis, Carlisle, Sailun, and GY Endurance (in no particular order) have received good reviews. Outside of the OEM tires, I only have experience with GY. People have said find your size and price with any of them and go with it.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 year old China bombs on my rig (2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK) any thoughts on replacing with Goodyear Endurance 10 ply tires (or other recommendations) would be appreciated...thanks
    Love my Goodyear Endurance. Just remember to keep them at maximum air pressure, otherwise they will scuff the sides of tires off.
    It was much better after I got the suspension aligned. Grand Design does not align axles. We actually did the MorRyde upgraded suspension and love the upgrade (except the price).
    Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also doubting Thomas, until

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I have the Westlakes on my Reflection. I don't see any reason to change perfectly good tires. I may have a blow out this coming season, or not. Maybe in the next season, or not. If not by then I will change them. Not because of any thing other than they are going to be of age by then. I did some research and the biggest factors, which most of you know anyway, with tire failure of any kind is underinflation, heat (which is mostly caused by under inflation) and going over the speed rating of the tires. The Westlakes may have been/are more susceptible to those factors. Don't know. I'll use my new TMPS system this year, and keep an eye on everything with walkarounds and so on. I really don't want to spend $800.00 or more prematurely for new tires. My two previous TT's never gave me issues and were driven thousands of miles on the factory tires, but they were not nearly as heavy either.
    I also questioned the cause of many of the Westlake failures. I always check air pressure (maintained 75 - 80 psi), do not drive over 65 mph, do not overload camper (verified on CAT Scale) and do not run over curbs.
    On our way home from Gulf Shores, AL last week the passenger side front tire lost it tread. We did not have a major event, but it took out the electrical to brake and signal lights, the kitchen slide and possible more. We lost the sheet metal fender shirt, damaged sheet metal in front of wheel and wore a whole on the underside of the slide out. (See photos)
    We are not the original owners. We have put about 7000 miles on them in about 16 months. They might have 9000 miles on them.
    If they just went flat I could deal with that, but they lose tread like a recap and beat the camper to bits. It does make we question their manufacturing methods on the tire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210329_153606200_HDR.jpg   IMG_20210329_161825935.jpg   IMG_20210329_153549322_HDR.jpg   IMG_20210329_161906376.jpg   IMG_20210329_161847415.jpg  

2019 Imagine 2670MK, Titan disc brakes, Morryde CRE3000
    2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited TRD; RAS
    Bikes: Jamus Dragonslayer 26+ Sport, Electra Townie Go 8i
    Kayaks: Jackson Allwater, Liquid Logic

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my perfectly good Westlakes (?) with the Goodyear Endurance last month. My life or vehicles aren't worth $700 but each to their own. Had issues with Westlakes on previous RV, these only had about 4000 miles but I had no interest in having them any longer. Tire dealer (like almost everyone else on these forums) highly recommended the Goodyears and said that is the tire they recommend for TVs. No more worries about tires for me.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a $1700 insurance claim on our Solitude I bought Carlisle 15-ply, load range "G" tires. We had a set of Carlisles on a 39 foot travel trailer for 20 years until they delaminated. The new set was in perfect condition when we sold it.

Putting these "G" Carlisles on our Solitude was a no-brainer. With the Eez-Tire sensor system I travel with confidence that any tire issues will become known before anything really bad happens. These Carlisles are rated 110 Psi max, just as the rims they are mounted on. As an added benefit, they were about $100 cheaper apiece than the Michelin's on my Taurus.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast