User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took a while to go from a popup to our new 2600RB

When our three kids were younger we did two long road trips with our dog and a popup camper. We live on Long Island, NY and in 2005 we drove across the US to Deadwood, South Dakota and then to Glacier National Park and then south through Wyoming and into Colorado before coming back home for a total of 7,500 miles in a month. In 2007 we had the same setup and crew and drove to Moab Utah and then to Arizona and then Colorado again before coming home after 9,000 miles in another month. We also did many shorter trips to Maine, Virginia, Cape Cod etc. In the course of these adventures we visited many National Parks as visiting as many as possible is on my bucket list (61 YO). We had a motor go (20k miles on it, warranty coverage) on our TV (2005 Trailblazer) in Moab and had to leave the truck there for repair and we left the popup at the KOA we were staying at. We drove to Grand Junction, CO to get a one way rental to get home and then I had to fly out to Denver and then get to Moab (sister lives in Fort Collins, CO) to get the TV and popup and drive solo back home. So you would think we would loose the itch.

Our 3 kids have never stopped talking about those trips and even though the engine failure cost us $5k out of pocket for the trip disruption costs it was so worth it at the end of the day. I believe you should do things when you can and not put them off. Those camping trips with all our kids can never happen now. For the last year we have been looking to get back in the game and recently we bought a new TV and TT. We chose a 2021 2600RB which we picked up 9 days ago and can't wait to get it out to a campground. Prior to getting the 2600RB I did a lot of research and read everything I could on this forum relating to this unit. This forum was so incredibly helpful in our decision and I plan to give back to this community as much as I can.

Thanks all for sharing your stories and trials and tribulations and tips!
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a real floor plan. Congrats and welcome to the group. Now that the kids have left the nest and you've triple if not quadruple the tt space what will you do with all that space and luxury. Lol just teasing, we went from tent camping with 3 kids to a 22mle just DW and I and loving every minute of it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE