User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    We own a new 2020 Imagine 2670MK - Have done a number of upgrades, but one I would suggest that I dont think has been mentioned yet is a couple spare thermal fuses. We have a Dometic fridge. We were new to RV'ing. This is our first purchase and the camping life is a learning experience. We moved from the Seattle area to Florida. We took 2-1/2 months to make our trip and see a bit of the country. In the South Dakota area, our fridge died. Research seemed to lead to a Thermal Fuse. I called GD, they approved a Mobile RV repair. I found one and we met at a Pilot Gas Station lot. The tech was friendly and helpful. He showed me how to replace the fuse and even gave me a spare. Depending on your fridge, you may want to invest in a couple fuses, watch some YouTube videos and be prepared. Nothing worse than being on a long trip in the middle of no where and your fridge dies!
    This is a good idea. Just curious, is your fridge in the rear? Reason I ask is I’ve read elsewhere that others who have had this issue seems to be when fridge is in the rear. I think it has to do with too much heat build up which then fries the fuse.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    This is a good idea. Just curious, is your fridge in the rear? Reason I ask is I’ve read elsewhere that others who have had this issue seems to be when fridge is in the rear. I think it has to do with too much heat build up which then fries the fuse.
    Yep, our fridge is in the rear of the trailer. I was surprised to find how many others had a similar issue!
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the 12V refrigerators still use thermal fuses? I thought those were only used on the propane fridges, but I am probably wrong. I guess that is something I will ask about when I pick up the trailer.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Do the 12V refrigerators still use thermal fuses? I thought those were only used on the propane fridges, but I am probably wrong. I guess that is something I will ask about when I pick up the trailer.
    What I’ve seen referenced pertains to Dometic absorption fridges that run on both AC & LP. It seems to happen sometimes to units that are installed in the rear and from what I understand there’s a build up of heat that trips the thermal fuse. The heat may be a combination of poor venting, a 12v fan not working to draw air out, or perhaps direct sunlight in conjunction with the other two.

The first photo shows a red wire with a black sleeve attached to the aluminum guard with two clips. Inside the black sleeve is the thermal fuse; photo two. The link shows where you can buy one if needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C9EBF21-25C5-4573-9E93-87115EC6842B.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	32421

Name:	DC8314EF-3F7E-494A-9C04-59083D64D034.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	32420

https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Fuse-...ct_top?ie=UTF8
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link. I’m starting to gather items to purchase for field repairs and a 10 pack just got put in my wish list.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If our steps are wet, we droop a bed sheet over the whole thing and fold it in. The sheet will absorb all the water. It will also catch any dirt that the broom missed.

I think that the converter should be replaced if you want your battery / batteries to last more then a year or 2. A quality 4 stage converter will charge better and no cook them. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    If our steps are wet, we droop a bed sheet over the whole thing and fold it in. The sheet will absorb all the water. It will also catch any dirt that the broom missed.
    That's an excellent idea!

I think that the converter should be replaced if you want your battery / batteries to last more then a year or 2. A quality 4 stage converter will charge better and no cook them.
    Yeah I think a converter is on my short list in any case. I'm planning to use LFP batteries, so I'll want a lithium-capable converter.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with a lot of the suggestions on this thread for sure. Some of them can be put off for awhile, but one I wanted to get done while taking advantage of my rig being brand new was dealing with a system that is only brand new one time.

The sewer system.

This is the part of my coach that I like the least by far, so making it the best as I can while nothing but anti-freeze has been in it was HUGELY desirable.

Jim Kerr of Passion Highway did this video which really hit home to me - having experienced the "surprises" he mentions in the film. I've also had problems with leaky bayonet fittings (which is really embarrassing at nice campgrounds) and incomplete system emptying at dump stations leading to the "surprise" at the next dump.

So, what I did while all of these parts were new was to do what Jim did. Here's how I changed the main dump system on my 349M ..

Before

Name:	20210103_133737.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	32460

After

Name:	20210201_131308.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	32461

I'm pretty squeamish about this whole thing, so doing this modification before it's ever been "used" was pretty high on my priority list.
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 03-03-2021 at 07:07 AM.
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Given that the Transcend line is GD's base model. What did they skimp on, that matters? Mechanically, in particular. I would like to do some 1000+ mile road trips in this trailer, so I'm willing to invest a few bucks to make sure it will be more reliable for those extended trips.
    Regarding our brand new solitude.
    1) The tires, I upgraded to Sailun.
    2) The roof. The rubber roof on our reflection and our weekend Warrior and the solitude is crap. On our solitude within 4 months it started peeling back from the front cap while we're simply driving around. I am planning on replacing it with a roof made out of spray in bedliner material. It will cost me between $5000 & $6000 but it has a 25 year warranty not to leak.
    3) The mattress. Once the trailer is roadworthy and hopefully won't week anymore. We need comfort
    4) And some means to stay out without power for a few days. In our case we added a 6.5 Cummins generator instead of the solar.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Also something people do not realise is the rear of the trader is the most violent riding area in the trailer. It takes the biggest bounces and the hardest jolts. So having big heavy items back there may not really be a good idea. In our reflection rear living room it was not uncommon to get to our destination and find several of our cabinets have tossed out their items. So we learn to put lightweight items back there such as extra blankets and board games instead of the extra package of paper plates and packages of plastic silverware that would launch out almost every time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast