User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwestall View Post
    I have also been with USAA for more than 40 years and they are a great company, but you need to be aware that they do not do RV insurance. They sub that out to Progessive insurance. You get a discount that progressive gives to all USAA members. I am not saying that Progressive is not a good company, I believe it actually shows that progressive is pretty good since USAA is willing to sub contract to them.
    Our fifth wheel is insured with USAA (as were our previous fifth wheel and the travel trailer before that) - it's motorhomes they won't insure.

We have not had to use our USAA roadside assistance, but our daughter has and they were very responsive. USAA takes good care of her each time she calls. We have also not had any damage nor insurance claims on any of our RVs (knock wood!). 13 years ago my first wife was killed in an auto accident. USAA handled everything - I mean everything - quickly with care and compassion. They held my hand at a time I was only partially functional and paid out the multiple associated claims without blinking an eye.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have USAA as well, but they farm out the RV policy to Progressive. The policy still shows up in my USAA navigation portal, but its a Progressive policy. The premiums have gone up a bit more than I'd like (no claims), but no issues.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a claim on my Reflection fifth wheel when in Gatlinburg. I was thrilled to see Progressive has a RV adjuster living in the area, and he knows all the body shop managers very well. The claim went very smoothly.

I just wish the repairs went nearly as smooth. Really first rate RV body shops are few and far between./

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Our fifth wheel is insured with USAA (as were our previous fifth wheel and the travel trailer before that) - it's motorhomes they won't insure.
    This is exactly right. Sometimes they just hear you say RV and they start to push you over to Progressive, but they do insure trailers. Only motorhomes have to go through Progressive.

I've had them a long time, but haven't had any claims related to our trailers. We had one auto claim, and they were extremely easy to deal with and very professional. It's why I stay with them even though I could probably save a few bucks by going somewhere else. Saving money is nice, but having someone that won't jerk you around when the need arises, that's what I'm really paying for.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started with USAA 2 weeks after I was commissioned in 1971, been with them ever since. I've had 2 travel trailers insured by USAA and 2 motorhomes insured by Progressive. Both were good experiences, besides, I like the two $500 checks they send me each year!

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I currently have my trailer insured with USAA. When I asked what I thought would be all the right questions the rep gave answers that satisfied me. However I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience with USAA trailer roadside assistance and/or damage coverage.
    I have two homes, two autos, a boat, RV and a bank account with them. Claims on the car and RV are always handled quickly and professionally. Last claim was handled by sending pictures by email. Been a member for over 40 years. Even with the RV and Boat being with progressive they have been great.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    This is exactly right. Sometimes they just hear you say RV and they start to push you over to Progressive, but they do insure trailers. Only motorhomes have to go through Progressive.

I've had them a long time, but haven't had any claims related to our trailers. We had one auto claim, and they were extremely easy to deal with and very professional. It's why I stay with them even though I could probably save a few bucks by going somewhere else. Saving money is nice, but having someone that won't jerk you around when the need arises, that's what I'm really paying for.
    I’m so confused by the difference in answers in this... so much so that I went online and tried to quote out a fifth wheel policy- it took me to USAA/progressive... I then called and was told that they do not insure RVs - that Progressive does that as an agency agreement with USAA.
    I had to make sure-I currently have a policy for our 5er with Progressive as USAA members ... do you think it’s regional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had USAA, for a few years, until last week, I got my monthly notice by e-mail, and it had more than doubled in price, from 237.00 a month to 479.00 per month, I called and ask, had to talk to 3 or 4 people, but the bottom line was in their words "we had numerous claims in Texas because of the Ice Storms, and we have to recoup costs" I really thought they were a better company than that but I guess not. So just a heads up beware
    Gene Steffens
    2020 303RLS
    2021 Ram 2500,Bighorn (Lone. Star), Cummings 6.7I
    Retired CMSgt USAF

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I've been with them for over 50 years and always had good service. But I'm wondering specifically about how they handle RV problems. I'm tempted to go with a RV specific company that will make sure my RV gets home if I'm incapacitated or we get home if the RV will be several weeks in a repair shop. RV specific companies offer this but I don't think USAA does so I was hoping to hear from someone who had actual experience with how USAA handles problems with the RV and what other services they might provide like getting us back home in the event of an accident or getting the RV back home if I can't.
    We have two policies with Good Sam for Roadside Assistance and TravelAssist. The roadside assistance is great and we have used it twice. That got both the RV and tow vehicle to a support facility for repair and back on the road. I hope to never have to use the TravelAssist, but if there were a medical issue that prevented me from getting the vehicle and RV home, they would provide an insured driver to get the units home, also providing those in our party flights, etc. to get us home. They would also pay a family member to get to our unit and drive it back home for us. For the roadside assistance, once they put my diesel dually on a flatbed truck and the RV attached to the truck, and off down the road we went to a repair shop. I also once used Good Sam to help us when we lost an axle on a trip out west. Good Sam has worked well for us. I do have USAA insurance but do not use USAA for roadside or travel assist.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaesyandtombutler View Post
    I’m so confused by the difference in answers in this... so much so that I went online and tried to quote out a fifth wheel policy- it took me to USAA/progressive... I then called and was told that they do not insure RVs - that Progressive does that as an agency agreement with USAA.
    I had to make sure-I currently have a policy for our 5er with Progressive as USAA members ... do you think it’s regional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It depends on which state you live in. Insurance companies are regulated by state insurance boards and licensed separately in each state.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast