User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    What is going to fail from an overload anyway ?

I guarantee Ford wouldn’t be denying warranty at the dealer level

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    When my dads F350 was having shuddering issues from towing under power the first thing he had to do was prove his fifth wheel wasn't over the payload of the truck before they would fix the issue (driveshaft alignment was the issue). Which I don't have any issue with, Its the main reason for those numbers IMO. If I decide to exceed them than its not on them. But with that and the way they didn't want to warranty the POS 6.0 powerstroke. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find they would track that and use it to deny warranty.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford adds on-board scales and new active suspension to 2021 F150 in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    When my dads F350 was having shuddering issues from towing under power the first thing he had to do was prove his fifth wheel wasn't over the payload of the truck before they would fix the issue (.
    Ummm
    Dealerships rely heavily on return business Warranty work doesn’t cost a dealer anything and gains them satisfied customers

When doing warranty work we never had to contact the manufacturer to get authorization so we didn’t ever deny a customer. That would really make most very angry and go elsewhere. Not good for business

How did he prove it btw?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 04-30-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Ummm
    Dealerships rely heavily on return business Warranty work doesn’t cost a dealer anything and gains them satisfied customers

When doing warranty work we never had to contact the manufacturer to get authorization so we didn’t ever deny a customer. That would really make most very angry and go elsewhere. Not good for business

How did he prove it btw?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    He had to take it to the scales and have it weighed.

I can't answer for your experience but ours, at least with ford, has been different. We had a good relationship with the dealer and don't believe they were behind it at all. As you say they have no motivation to not do warranty work
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s good to hear there’s still good and honest dealerships out there. I purchased my f150 out of state but obviously used close dealership service centers when my truck needed repairs. I think this may have affected the overall outcome of my many experiences with multiple dealers in my state. Initially, my experiences were mostly good but towards the end with that truck they just spit out excuse after excuse why my truck was doing this or that. At one point, my truck was running terrible but according to the dealership, it was running ok because there was no CEL on. Ok fine, I told them to appraise it and I’ll trade it in on a new ford. They lowballed me because it wasn’t running right so that deal didn’t happen lol. With all the excuses I heard, I wouldn’t put it past ford to try and wiggle out of warranty claims if the weight actually gets recorded.

However, after further reading about these features, it seems this only works if the user enters some information about the trailer or load. So I’m guessing that if no setup is performed, the truck (or ford) might not have any idea how heavy a load or trailer actually is.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12