User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old rig: (Taken in fall 2020)

new rig! (Taken spring 2021)
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Personally, I would only buy a truck with 4x4 for several reasons. Parking in the grass, or dirt is great dry, but damp and a slight hill, and it can be work to get the trailer in, or out of the spot. Many times, while I could have pulled the trailer out in 2-wheel drive, putting it in 4-wheel made it a non-event. No dig marks, full control. Second is looking in the future, selling a 4x4 is a lot easier than a 4x2.
    We have several steep grades getting to our home. I use 4xL when pulling the GD2500RL up, and truck gets used for SAR missions, so 4x4 is a required for us.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350

[QUOTE=EddieK82;367586]Hello,

I am going to bite the bullet and order a brand new F350 to tow our 320MKS. What towing configuration should I get with the new truck? I am going to order the Lariat 4x4. I'm not sure if I should go with the Diesel or the 7.3 gasser. What other options should I get for the best towing setup? What rear would be best, bed length, etc? Any help from the community would be great. I don't want to spend this kind of money and miss something that I should have done.

We've had a F250 diesel, and just upgraded to a F350 diesel (Lariat 4x4). We love it. The 10 speed tranny is a game changer. Better MPGs & more torque. Better fuel mileage than a gasser. Also, we had the 360 degree camera system with the F250. To order it with the F350 was a high $$ add on, so we went with normal camera. Personally I prefer the normal camera over the 360 view. Would also suggest you look at the cargo capacity difference of a LB vs SB. I think you gain around 1000lbs in payload capacity. We have a SB, but may very well move to a LB once we retire. We have a 337RLS & we're right on the bubble on our capacity. LB also gives you plenty of clearance from your cab. Good luck & happy camping!
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    The 7.3 will get the job done and better then your current 6.2 but a diesel will have more than twice the torque and at lower RPM's. I can't stop smiling everytime I tow with mine. The exhaust brake is a BIG plus especially if you tow in the mountains. Your fuel range is also higher as well as being able to use the truck lanes for fueling.

The reasons stated above is why have included and most likely will go the Diesel route. I was actually set on the 7.3 gasser but,,, I like the thought of better fuel mileage, huge torque and what seems to be a very effective jake brake. Plus the fact I will be going from coast to coast and from the south up to New Egland once a year. Just love the thought of not having to get into a traffic jam at the gas alley,,, Swing right in with the Big Boys in the Diesel lane. Already bringing back memories when I trucked around America in a Kw T-800 hauling everything and anything they would load up on my Skateboard. lol

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also going the F250 route, so could anyone give me there payload and Gcvwr numbers ? It would be the 6 3/4 bed in Crew Cab. I am guessing around 2900 lbs payload and Gcwr of around 27ksh?, does that sound about right ? ,,,and thats for the 6.7 Diesel. thx

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    I am also going the F250 route, so could anyone give me there payload and Gcvwr numbers ? It would be the 6 3/4 bed in Crew Cab. I am guessing around 2900 lbs payload and Gcwr of around 27ksh?, does that sound about right ? ,,,and thats for the 6.7 Diesel. thx
    You are not going to get 2900 lbs payload on a F250 with the deisel. The diesel is about 600-700 lbs heavier then the gas motor. This will reduce your rated payload. Payload is GVWR minus total truck weight. The numbers I always see mentioned on a F250 diesel is arounf 2100 to 2300 lbs depending on options. This was the number on the door sticker on a F250 diesel I test drove (dealer had no F350 diesels for me to drive) before ordering my F350 diesel which has a payload of 3495 lbs per the door sticker.

BTW technically it's not a Jake Brake but an exhaust brake. If interested you can do a search on Jake Brake. Be sure to get a TSD Logistics fuel card for those truck lanes. I know Loves and maybe others don't take credit cards in the truck lanes. You have to prepay. Good Luck.
    Last edited by HighFive; 05-24-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been very happy with F350 dually diesel w/ 4.10. The 10 speed transmission is a game changer for the higher rearends. Puck system and best camera set up offered as others have mentioned is essential. Like it has been said, get the truck you need for the future. Good luck finding one right now but things should get better.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking atleast the Lariat Trim so now I may have to look at the F350. Yea I need or I should say want more than 2100 lbs of payload. thx

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    ... so now I may have to look at the F350. Yea I need or I should say want more than 2100 lbs of payload. thx
    Very smart move!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I am going to bite the bullet and order a brand new F350 to tow our 320MKS. What towing configuration should I get with the new truck? I am going to order the Lariat 4x4. I'm not sure if I should go with the Diesel or the 7.3 gasser. What other options should I get for the best towing setup? What rear would be best, bed length, etc? Any help from the community would be great. I don't want to spend this kind of money and miss something that I should have done.

Thanks!
    We ordered our new truck in January and received it in early April. Purchased our Solitude in early May. For us, we landed on an F350 CCSB 4x4 in Platinum trim package. Specifics of our order:

- 6.7L TD
    - 3.31 rear end
    - deleted the “vista view sun roof” shaved a little weight from truck
    - deleted the “skid plates” to shave a little more weight
    - up fitter switches
    - upsized the alternator
    - added air springs for “just in case” but haven’t figured out how much I really need them yet

So far, the truck has proven to be exceptional. Fuel economy with trailer hooked up was 16mpg from Atlanta to Nashville and back this past week. The exhaust brake is something Ford got absolutely right in my opinion, especially when you use it in conjunction with your cruise control. Coming down a 6+ mile steep grade yesterday, set cruise control to match the speed of the truck in front of me (47), fell in line with the big trucks and let the Ford do its thing. Never touched the brake pedal.
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast