User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question could be resolved by asking the campground host. If there is a spigot with a white hose, or has the end cut off, then it's obvious that is potable water.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    I stand and watch the black tank drain, but once that finishes and I start the grey tank and the initial 10-20 seconds of water bursts out I head inside to dump a couple of gallons of water (and treatment) back into the black tank. Is it best to watch it the whole time?

How long should I let each tank trickle drain?

Is it okay to use to dump station potable spigot to flush the black tank? The only one I've seen so far had a back flow prevention adapter of sorts on it.
    I will start by saying, in the absence of signage, it is not against the rules to use a spigot in the dumping area for black tank flush. Personally, I would not prefer to be using water in the same cluster as the sewage plumbing as potable, regardless of signage.

Now on to etiquette. I never spend the time to hook up black tank flush if another RV is in line behind me. If I have it hooked up and someone pulls in, I will immediately unhook it and let things drain. With someone behind me, once it gets to a trickle, i will close the valves, clean up and get on my way. I don't rush, but I certainly focus on finishing. Not sure there is a written rule, just feels considerate. Most people waiting are patient if you aren't acting like you're the only one using the facilities.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all about things being efficient, my black tank hose is one of those grow when wet deals. 1 minute to hook up and 1 minute to disconnect. I loathe standard hoses, even my flexzilla hoses at home drives me nuts.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm willing to wait for however long it takes the guy in front of me to get his business done. That said, I'm not going to waste time, but I'm going to do everything needed to get my trailer ready for the next trip. I waited, the guy behind me can do the same.
    All of that said, I do have the option of dumping at my storage facility if I don't want to wait for 6 people to dump. I just prefer to do it in the park so that when I get back, only have to unhitch and unload, and head for home.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I will start by saying, in the absence of signage, it is not against the rules to use a spigot in the dumping area for black tank flush. Personally, I would not prefer to be using water in the same cluster as the sewage plumbing as potable, regardless of signage.
    I agree! While the black tank is dumping, I will hook up the black tank flush. When the black tank slows, will shut it and start the flush for a few minutes, then re-open the black tank. Will disconnect the flush hose while emptying the gray tanks. Doesn't add too much time to flush.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no difference using a potable spigot to hook to the tank flush as you would use a potable spigot at a campground with full hookups to hook to the tank flush.

Same thing if you ask me, I'm assuming you would use your own water hose in either case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Average Jane;368984]We've taken our 22mle out a handful of times now and I'm feeling more confident hooking up, unhooking and dumping etc.

I follow the 2/3 black/grey suggestions for dumping and have found a good rhythm; I keep gloves on the drivers side cubby, hose with clear elbow on the drivers side to make things go quicker.

I have a couple questions not quickly covered by Googling.

I stand and watch the black tank drain, but once that finishes and I start the grey tank and the initial 10-20 seconds of water bursts out I head inside to dump a couple of gallons of water (and treatment) back into the black tank. Is it best to watch it the whole time?

Is it okay to use to dump station potable spigot to flush the black tank? The only one I've seen so far had a back flow prevention adapter of sorts on it.

When it comes to dumping and flushing the tanks do everything you need to do it right and don't let yourself get rushed or flustered by someone waiting behind you... that's when you'll make a mistake and screw things up. Clear elbow on the black tank drain is a must otherwise you have no idea when it gets down to a trickle or when your black tanks are fairly clean. When I leave my campsite and head to the dump station I already have the clear elbow attached, valve compartment unlocked, and a pair of gloves just inside the door. I open my black tank valve and while it's draining I immediately start hooking up the black tank flush hose. Once it starts to slow down I start the black tank flush. After about 1 minute I close the black tank valve and let the black tank flush hose start to fill the tank. While the black tank is filling I open the valve to just one of my grey tanks and let it drain. Once that grey tank has drained I close it and open the black tank again and let it drain. While it's draining I disconnect and remove the black tank flush hose. Once the black tank slows to a trickle I close that valve and open my 2nd grey tank valve and let it drain. Once done I rinse my hose and fittings and put everything away. Toss the gloves and use some hand sanitizer and I'm on my way. As long as you don't waste time and do things in a orderly fashion no one can bitch about how long it's taking. Tanks take time to drain and there's no sense in rushing and having a mishap.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 05-19-2021 at 06:05 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what the 2/3 black/grey suggestions are.

If Im at dump station and no line behind me, I use the spigot (if available) to do a black tank rinse.

If there's a line, I dump black, then grey, then no rinse, pack up and leave.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    We've taken our 22mle out a handful of times now and I'm feeling more confident hooking up, unhooking and dumping etc.

I follow the 2/3 black/grey suggestions for dumping and have found a good rhythm; I keep gloves on the drivers side cubby, hose with clear elbow on the drivers side to make things go quicker.

I have a couple questions not quickly covered by Googling.

Make sure you close the black tank valve before opening the gray.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open black
    Sprayer on in black
    Close black when drained
    Open grey(s)
    Close Grey(s)
    Wash equipment
    Leave

10-12 minutes
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast