User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep mine in the backyard under a metal cover. In hot and humid SE Louisiana I leave my slides open and one AC on to keep humidity down. I'll pull the slides in once a month and wash down the camper with wash and wax. Birds make a mess on the camper and make their nest under the roof of the rv cover. I use the camper as a mancave and go in and watch TV when I want. We get many hurricanes down here so I'll pull in the slides and hope for the best! Good to exercise the slides about once a month anyway.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, mildew / mold would be a problem if you didnt try to manage it.
    Wally & Jane Mann
    2016 313RLTS, Titan Disc brakes
    2016 Ram 3500 TD, 4x4 SRW, Crewcab, Longbed

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert says store it slides in. I usually do, unless I'm doing work inside the trailer.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the Lippert manual on the Through Frame Slide-out System, it clearly states on page 5: "Note: For long-term storage: It is recommended that the room be closed (retracted)."

Not that anyone reads the manual. It also states: "Although the system is designed to be almost maintenance free, actuate the room once or twice a month to keep the seals and internal moving parts lubricated."

Just parroting what the manual says...
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    According to the Lippert manual on the Through Frame Slide-out System, it clearly states on page 5: "Note: For long-term storage: It is recommended that the room be closed (retracted)."

Not that anyone reads the manual. It also states: "Although the system is designed to be almost maintenance free, actuate the room once or twice a month to keep the seals and internal moving parts lubricated."

Just parroting what the manual says...
    Nice to know that last part..... now. Not that I plan on walking through the snow next winter to run my slides in and out
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Nice to know that last part..... now. Not that I plan on walking through the snow next winter to run my slides in and out
    Lol! I wonder what we will do when we full-time... Probably just kick the wife and dogs out for 5 minutes and run them in and out... Hrm... Maybe have her run them in and out while I take the dogs? Safer for me than kicking her out?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Lol! I wonder what we will do when we full-time... Probably just kick the wife and dogs out for 5 minutes and run them in and out... Hrm... Maybe have her run them in and out while I take the dogs? Safer for me than kicking her out?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    My wife is almost a full foot shorter than me, and more than 100 pounds less. I still ain't mess'n with that
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW I Try Not To Store Our RV

Quote Originally Posted by wallymann View Post
    I'm guessing by shear # of observations, that "somewhere or someone" recommends storing RV with slides OUT. Anyone know the reason, or has seen any real difference in either practice? Thanks, Wally
    Living in Coastal NC, where it does freeze and rain a lot near the coast we store our 297RSTS under a 18WX41X12H (side walls) shelter. We use it every month, and when not used the slide outs are in. However they get put out/in etc.. at least once a month, when we use it, sometime once a week when I fiddle with it. This is the second TT we have owned with slides, and I never stored either with the slides out, and both were under cover as well. As others have pointed out there is a lot of things that get unnecessarily exposed for no reason to weathering etc.. As an engineer I know that the worst thing for any machinery is for it to sit unused. Hence the Lippert, and other manufacturers recommendation to use the slide system to keep it serviceable.
    Additionally if it is humid where you are, and electricity is available I recommend a dehumidifier in the RV to keep the moisture under control. We have one that travels with us and lives in the WD closet when we are set up, the bathroom when the Rv is stored, but it is always on, unless we are moving.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep the slides in during the winter and the slides out during the summer. Set the AC's to 84 degrees and run a dehumidifier during the summer to keep moister down, which is why slides are out during the summer. Cannot stand a musty smelling RV.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just leave the vents open (Maxair Vent covers on them). Never had any issues yet with humidity or musty smell.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12