User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were looking, we considered the Reflection 303, S-2930 and 310 (and also the Alliance 310).

We liked the Reflection 303 a lot and would ordered one, but they had a 2930 and a 310 on the lot. (all were sold so whatever we were getting needed to be ordered). We walked into the 2930 and my wife loved the floor plan. When we walked into the 310 she still kept referring to the 2930 and the large bathroom and the windshield over the bed. At that point I asked her what she like and the 2930 was it.

I personally was happy with any of those 3 or the Alliance. Having owned the 2930 since September, all I can say is it has exceed our expectations in the quality of construction and the floor plan does not disappoint in any way.

I added the upgraded pinbox (MorRyde) and have done tons of DIY things to make it ours. A few of those things (upgraded bathroom vent to a Vortex 2), added a whole-house water filter - would have been included with the 310 or Alliance. The big thing I did was add solar (1200 watts) and an inverter. I also added a sliding tray to hold our Yamaha 2000 watt inverter generator in the front compartment next to the generator prep box (where we keep our grill).

The 2930 drop frame made it very easy to add and conceal the solar/inverter/batteries behind the basement wall - and I actually gained storage room there and up front (after removing OEM battery/tray).

The 303 is a similar layout to the 2930. For the 2 of us it would have been perfect as well, and we would have ordered it in a heart beat, but once she saw the 2930 .... the cost difference was about $10K between the 303 and 2930, and about $10K between the 2930 and 310 (and the Alliance was about $9K between the 2930 and the 310). This was at the time we were ordering (June 2020).

The bones of the 2930 and the 310 are very similar (frame 10" with 10" drop frame, running gear 7K axles with G-rated tires at the time, wide body 101"). I was surprised to get a 15K AC unit in the bedroom when they advertise 13.5K. Thinking the AC shortage had something to do with this. And we did get the heat pump.

With a queen bed there is a lot of space in the bedroom of the 2930 with the North/South setup. With a King bed I would have definitely wanted an East/West bedroom.

No regrets ordering what we did except sometimes I second-guess myself for being talked out of double-pane windows by the dealership. My gut was to order them but the dealership stated they have had many more service-related issues with them. Thinking back they were being honest because they would have made more money selling me them ....

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome, Dan.

After looking at the 5 different units, we also noticed the difference in the color of the "pleather". And now that you, or rather, Carol mentioned it, the upholstery shade did have a mustard-tinge to while definitely more tan appearing in the S-class, at least to my finely color tuned eyes (hey, does this orange checked shirt go with these striped purple and green pants?). There wasn't a build sheet in the 378 or 3550 with the pale gray, suede/canvas-looking upholstery. We couldn't figure out if that was stone, or cotton, or linen, or platinum dappled silvery cloud or just kinda grayish canvas stuff. Whatever it was, my wife hated it. But, I was thinking, hmmm, its not so bad, and maybe less chance of delamination and more durable.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    When we were looking, we considered the Reflection 303, S-2930 and 310 (and also the Alliance 310).

We liked the Reflection 303 a lot and would ordered one, but they had a 2930 and a 310 on the lot. (all were sold so whatever we were getting needed to be ordered). We walked into the 2930 and my wife loved the floor plan. When we walked into the 310 she still kept referring to the 2930 and the large bathroom and the windshield over the bed. At that point I asked her what she like and the 2930 was it.

I personally was happy with any of those 3 or the Alliance. Having owned the 2930 since September, all I can say is it has exceed our expectations in the quality of construction and the floor plan does not disappoint in any way.

I added the upgraded pinbox (MorRyde) and have done tons of DIY things to make it ours. A few of those things (upgraded bathroom vent to a Vortex 2), added a whole-house water filter - would have been included with the 310 or Alliance. The big thing I did was add solar (1200 watts) and an inverter. I also added a sliding tray to hold our Yamaha 2000 watt inverter generator in the front compartment next to the generator prep box (where we keep our grill).

The 2930 drop frame made it very easy to add and conceal the solar/inverter/batteries behind the basement wall - and I actually gained storage room there and up front (after removing OEM battery/tray).

The 303 is a similar layout to the 2930. For the 2 of us it would have been perfect as well, and we would have ordered it in a heart beat, but once she saw the 2930 .... the cost difference was about $10K between the 303 and 2930, and about $10K between the 2930 and 310 (and the Alliance was about $9K between the 2930 and the 310). This was at the time we were ordering (June 2020).

The bones of the 2930 and the 310 are very similar (frame 10" with 10" drop frame, running gear 7K axles with G-rated tires at the time, wide body 101"). I was surprised to get a 15K AC unit in the bedroom when they advertise 13.5K. Thinking the AC shortage had something to do with this. And we did get the heat pump.

With a queen bed there is a lot of space in the bedroom of the 2930 with the North/South setup. With a King bed I would have definitely wanted an East/West bedroom.

No regrets ordering what we did except sometimes I second-guess myself for being talked out of double-pane windows by the dealership. My gut was to order them but the dealership stated they have had many more service-related issues with them. Thinking back they were being honest because they would have made more money selling me them ....
    Appreciated feedback here too.....thank you !

Carol and like the N/S bed in our 303 and thus the 2930 as well. Queen bed is quite important as with the King (we were dealing on a 4 times used 2021 a few months ago) you loose all but about 5" or so between the bed and wall along with losing the cabinet and 120V outlet and the USB as I recall. So we passed on what was a great deal.

One thing I keep coming back to is my (maybe unfounded) longer term and maybe shorter term challenges with the flexible bathroom drain plumbing and hot/cold lines having to move in and out with each slide extension/retraction. I need to do some more learning on the "robustness" (is that a word) of this design/build. Possibly you can share your thoughts on this if it was/is something you thought about too.

Again - great post ! I like all your upgrades too ! Have you got pictures of the sliding tray and of your solar install to share ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123