User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I've seen all the hype about FX11. Paid a crew to wash wax our 380FL. They only use it but dilute it some cause of the cost. The foreman said bug them for deals. Sales come direct from them and worth the wait. Incredible look.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use Aero products. Another excellent product is Chemical Brothers waterless wash and wax. Once a year I put on Gold Glass paste wax from Meguiars.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    LOL! If you talk to Nikki, she will explain why I am wired the way I am (she's a psychologist)! I'm just not one for an idle mind or idle hands, have too many hobbies and interests, and make a lot of different materials. Nice to contribute where I can, and really enjoy learning new things from the forums and fellow campers as our subculture is full of extraordinary folks!

Polymer-based are the most flexible overall because they do not develop the surface tension or have pore-infiltrating/diffusion characteristics of the emulsifiers and carrier compounds used with carnauba-based and silicone-based waxes and polishes. Vinyl decals are destroyed mostly by two mechanism - emulsifiers/carriers penetrating the very thin vinyl, which can occur by traveling through the microscopic pores (cast vinyl has them) or by a process called diffusion - and then breaking down the adhesive layer. The other mechanism, surface tension, causes forces that want to peel the decals up (curling them). Vinyl, and the adhesives, have come a tremendously long way since campers starting receiving them. While the RV industry isn't using high-quality Oracal for instance, they're way better than days of old, but still should not be taken for granted. However, my nephew has his own vinyl sign, decal, and wrap business and is hoping to continue to see supply of RV customers!

Up until the enormous amount of surface area of our Solitude, I used nothing by Klasse All-in-One on all of our gelcoat campers that I would apply twice yearly when de-winterizing and then again for winter, and supplement with a spray-on, wipe-off polymer-based nanowax suspension. I cannot give you the brand because they discontinued the product when they revamped their nano-based line, and the new offerings are emulsions making them complete junk IMO! I'm sure there's good alternatives out there considering the grow in the hobbyist detailing market, I just don't have need at this time to find another. Anyway, our campers have been parked outside year-round, in the sun (literally no shade where parked) and never had a decal peel, and with the exception of the Shamrock logo decal on their front bunk of our HTT along ago, never had them fade to the chalked out state. The Shamrock logo was a very early, multi-colored, printed vinyl logo and everyone's faded back because the colorant oxidized (coincidentally, I found that I still have a replacement decal when cleaning the basement a few weekends ago).

For the Solitude, I have converted to Wash Wax All because doing that much surface area, outdoors, is just more than Nikki and I can do. I am gladly taking donations for the pole barn fund, however! I didn't make that switch carelessly either. I did my homework and some testing. WWA is water-based suspension of favorable pH and non-caustic (you can request their lab reports BTW) and uses a micro-polymer. It does not last nearly as long as my old regiment, however it's just so simple to apply with normal washing that it's perfectly acceptable to us. The key being to have a couple of the mops and extra heads.
    So, does wash wax all have an ultra violet protection? I use 303 areo-space protectant on gel coat, graphics, plastic, rubber, paint. I like it but maybe wash wax all is better for some things? What do you think?
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I have had a devil of a time with the search feature on this forum so I will just post my question.

What 'wax' are you using for the exterior of your rigs?

Google wasn't much of a help as each manufacturer says theirs is the best.

I used Mequires Cleaner Wax on my last rig.
    I did have some premature peeling of the graphics and I would like to avoid that on my new rig.

I used Zip Wash & Wax for regular washes and have no complaints there.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    I have used Meguiars Marin/RV Wax the year before last on both my camper and boat for the first time. It was terrible and caused major dirt and build-up nearly immediately, as both the camper and boat started to show dirt and grime. Never again. I then saw a review on-line and bought like 10 bottles of Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax. In short, best wax I have used on both my car, boat, and RV. Easy to apply, but I don't follow their directions. I spray on and wipe it on like a traditional wax, let it sit and completely dry. Then, wife it off and the shine is amazing and its hydrophobic properties are great. Beads up for nearly 6 months on my car and is nearly self-cleaning. The shine is amazing and you can apply it on rubber and plastic.

Check out the on-line tests by detailers on youtube. they hit the stuff with acid, water, and all kinds of chemicals and still performs as good or better than any ceramic coating. If you have to do a full 30 or 40' RV, Turtle Wax Ice works great and easier to apply. I tihnk I paid $6-9/bottle for it too, so its budget friendly.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like Meguiar's M5032 Marine/RV One Step Cleaner Wax, 32 fl oz, which I purchased through Amazon.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use the Aero wash and wax. If you want to reduce your time of waxing go to the website listed below and order the two sided mop designed for the use of their product. Its a little on the expensive side ... approximately 100 bucks with the pole and 2 sided head when I ordered it... but the time it saves and the ease of applying and wiping your rig time will pay for itself in one outing. Here is the link where you can buy just the pole and mop head without all the waxes that are listed on the Aero wash and wax website, save yourself 100 bucks by going to this website...https://www.fallonpilotshop.com/prod...metics/page/2/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    So, does wash wax all have an ultra violet protection? I use 303 areo-space protectant on gel coat, graphics, plastic, rubber, paint. I like it but maybe wash wax all is better for some things? What do you think?
    Yes, it contains UV protection agents, but understand that microscopic film is more like a little protection to the real protection in the gelcoat. No different than 303 here, which I too use on specific polymers and synthetic rubbers, and it's great for vinyl. However, it does not have "cling" (yes, I know I'm using a simplified term versus getting into the 3-parts of the real mechanisms) on materials like gelcoat and cast vinyls. You see this in the streaks in your freshly applied vertical surfaces after the first rain - carries most of the 303 away.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I have had a devil of a time with the search feature on this forum so I will just post my question.

What 'wax' are you using for the exterior of your rigs?

Google wasn't much of a help as each manufacturer says theirs is the best.

I used Mequires Cleaner Wax on my last rig.
    I did have some premature peeling of the graphics and I would like to avoid that on my new rig.

I used Zip Wash & Wax for regular washes and have no complaints there.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    I use Zymol, been using it on vehicles for years, best thing I have ever used! It is expensive, but good stuff! Used Nu finish for years but found Zymol to be better and last longer!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my last rig. I am just going to use 303 protectant spray and dust mop on the GD this time. My logic was it is UV protection you are most after and 303 is good at that.
    Dan, Ponderosa Park, CO
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE (SOLD)
    2023 Hiker Mid Range Deluxe 5x9 (Due Oct 2023)
    2018 Nissan Titan Crew

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if Wash and Wax All can be used on a TPO Roof, the videos I have watched all seem to have fiberglass roofs? The Wash and Wax All website didn't seem to specify products for TPO but did recommend Aero Belly Soap for roofs. Anyone used that?
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast