User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    That’s really light. Did you add batteries? Anything in the garage? Electric cords are heavy. Grill?
    I weighed my trailer after a normal load up on a truck scale. We added almost 1000 lbs. no bon bons
    either 😄😄😄
    That's a good bit of stuff! Do you camp without hookups?

Batteries (rv or AA 9V etc.?) and propane aren't included in my "stuff" math.

Might be closer to 500 lbs of stuff once all said and done. I did forget about the chairs and fold up wagon.

We do seem to have many empty drawers right now...but other than food and clothes it seems like we have most everything.

I'm eager to know what is in your 1000lbs. (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never worry about getting the camper level enough for the slide or the fridge. If the DW is happy, everything else is certainly within tolerance.

For side to side leveling I typically use anderson levelers. There are other brands that might be better, but I love the concept. I also have a levelmate pro. Backup is a bubble level app on my phone.
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the levelmate pro as well and then have bubble levelers also.

Propane question. The dealership seems to have left the propane in the on position. I'm assuming off is best when not in use?

I also think that it's meant to have a bungee on the plastic propane cover on the underside?

There is a black plastic turn arrow between the two propane tanks, if I leave it down will it automatically switch between the two?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure the weight limits are just for moving down the road. Tires, axles, etc will all have far higher static limits than those applicable rolling down a bumpy highway at 60 mph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    I bought the levelmate pro as well and then have bubble levelers also.

Propane question. The dealership seems to have left the propane in the on position. I'm assuming off is best when not in use?

I also think that it's meant to have a bungee on the plastic propane cover on the underside?

There is a black plastic turn arrow between the two propane tanks, if I leave it down will it automatically switch between the two?

Propane:

I use a small rope the bottom of the cover, but yeah secure it.

On and off is only accomplished with the knobs on the tanks. The lever on the regulator points to the "preferred" tank. There is a little window below it which should show green if the preferred tank is not empty and red if it is. If both tanks are open, the regulator will draw from the preferred tank until it is empty, then switch to the other tank. If the window shows red, swap the lever and go refill the first tank.

Now some caveats:

- If you are not connected to shore power, the fridge will run on the battery and propane. Some people leave the propane on so the fridge runs when on the road. You up your risk of a fire, and its illegal pretty much everywhere.

- If you don't regularly check the gauge, you can run both tanks dry.

- Here's one I just learned: The switch works on pressure differential. A cold tank loses pressure and will stop flowing until it warms back up. The regulator auto switches to the other tank and repeats the pattern. That happened to me when it was below 20 for an extended period and the propane heat ran almost continuously. If the second tank loses pressure before the first tank warms back up, the furnace will lock out and not autostart. You need to turn it off for a few minutes then restart. It may be that my regulator is improperly calibrated and it only happened when it was really really cold out. But I lost heat with one tank about a quarter full and the other at a third. It was a weird set of circumstances and I don't see it happening again, but now I know it can.

I typically open one tank at a time & occasionally check the operating tank to get a sense how full it is. I only open both tanks if the preferred tank is low and the furnace is going to be running at night. Then I check in the morning, and go back to a single tank.
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome information. I think I have a bungee to hold it down. Weird it doesn't come with one.

I did see the little window below/behind the lever. Does the window show red or green only under certain circumstances? Propane on, tank selected and something running using propane?

I'm assuming it doesn't matter which tank I select to run 1st?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never secured the cover and it stays put, seems like it would fly off but no. Does not matter which tank you use first. It may be an automatic regulator and in the middle position will use one tank then the other with a green for full and red for empty. I just use one side till it runs out then manually switch so I know when I have to refill.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Awesome information. I think I have a bungee to hold it down. Weird it doesn't come with one.

I did see the little window below/behind the lever. Does the window show red or green only under certain circumstances? Propane on, tank selected and something running using propane?

I'm assuming it doesn't matter which tank I select to run 1st?
    Don’t need to bungee down the tank covers

They won’t come off

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually probably won’t fly off, in normal conditions, HOWEVER there is a distinct reason the two pieces each have a tab with hole in in at the bottom. It is for a small ( 6 inch piece of rope/ twine) or a tiny bungee cord to secure the clam selves yet make it easy to lift the bolted clam selves over the tanks for maintainence or refilling if necessary. No one is bungeeing them in some kind of mummy wrap. We use the tiny bungee as it’s easy to remove and attach.

Last 6 years many in the US have experienced a Derecho where things like this not tied down get lifted off and damage things. Always enjoy the best but plan for the worst.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know. I spotted the two hole points on the cover and have a mini bungee hanging around so figure might as well.

Curious to know if the propane tanks come full from GD or if the dealership fills them. At a glance the window behind the lever looks red (don't have the best view) but it's storming so I didn't mess with turning the tanks on and selecting one etc. I'll go back out in a bit and try and nab a photo for sure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast